Seeking consistency

Re: GBP JPY long

Target 1 and Target 2 achieved (+215pips, + 400pips) total R = 0.95, with remaining part @ breakeven

trailing stop to 141.70 (+175pips) on final T3 part (to 147.80 if seen before reversal hits trailing stop)

Attachments

• gbp jpy trilig stop +175.gif
    gbp jpy trilig stop +175.gif
    82 KB · Views: 170
Leia -
It looks like you're doing well and have got consistent and comfortable in your trading. Do you have any summary non-money stats you could post like win/loss or perhaps something like the Omega ratio? Thanks.

Perhaps better request is not that you post these, but what statistics do you use to show progress?

Omega ratio? Is that something new?
I'll take a gander, first time I've heard of it. Thanks

Re: GBP USD counter trend (long)

T2 achieved
Price seems to be stalling at the1.52 00 level
I have therefore (quite aggressively) moved my trailing stop on the final part of this trade to tight underneath the recently formed support on the 4hour time-frame @ 1. 50 50

CraigSam & FringFX
Very many thanks for taking the time to look at and submit a post (or two) to my thread
I too am unfamiliar with Omega (google search on 'to do' list)
The simple answer to performance measurement is my account balance. My objective is to add 2.5% per month
I have often wanted to find a way to post a 'screen shot' of a spreadsheet of trades taken and their results, but haven't found an easy way to to that, so have stopped making 'summary' statements.
I do have a list of every trade (usually three rows per trade, as I usually have three targets) in a spreadsheet, which I would be happy to share / make public, but a summary (one row per trade, weekly result summary - just number of trades, win / loss / 'R' achieved, monthly result summary - as weekly) would be better I am sure
If I could find a way of creating an up-loadable file, which is as easy to read as the 'chart screen shots' I post are, then I would go to the effort of creating (and then maintaining, the trade list, weekly & monthly summary)

Attachments

• cable long trailing stop.gif
    cable long trailing stop.gif
    84.7 KB · Views: 170

CraigSam & FringFX
Very many thanks for taking the time to look at and submit a post (or two) to my thread
I too am unfamiliar with Omega (google search on 'to do' list)
The simple answer to performance measurement is my account balance. My objective is to add 2.5% per month
I have often wanted to find a way to post a 'screen shot' of a spreadsheet of trades taken and their results, but haven't found an easy way to to that, so have stopped making 'summary' statements.
I do have a list of every trade (usually three rows per trade, as I usually have three targets) in a spreadsheet, which I would be happy to share / make public, but a summary (one row per trade, weekly result summary - just number of trades, win / loss / 'R' achieved, monthly result summary - as weekly) would be better I am sure
If I could find a way of creating an up-loadable file, which is as easy to read as the 'chart screen shots' I post are, then I would go to the effort of creating (and then maintaining, the trade list, weekly & monthly summary)
If you're tracking your monthly percentage returns, you're almost there. I had a little difficulty figuring out the Omega ratio since most of the web info was academic, but there was a spreadsheet site that I'm sure you'll find. A simple version of the Omega (not considering an index return or risk free rate of return benchmark such as T-bill yields) is the sum of your monthly percentage gains divided by the absolute value of the sum of your monthly percentage losses. Jack Schwager in his latest Market Wizard book has an appendix on his Gain to Pain ratio which captures similar info.
Over a year, if you had six up months, each at 4%, and six down months, each at 3%, you would have an Omega ratio of 24/18, or 1.33, which is a way to look at your cumulative return to risk. I calculate ratios over different time periods to see if I'm making progress. Other metrics like Sharpe and Sortino don't do a good job of capturing the upward bias in your returns like the Omega, but do capture the volatility. Simple Sharpe is average return over standard deviation.
All this is based on web searches and trying to figure metrics out based on how hedge funds track performance so I could compare. Thus, use at your own risk!

Price seems to be stalling at the1.52 00 level
I have therefore (quite aggressively) moved my trailing stop on the final part of this trade to tight underneath the recently formed support on the 4hour time-frame @ 1. 50 50

trailing stop hit for +135 pips
overall trade +455 pips (@ 33.3% = 151 'full' pips)
risk 85pips final R (risk/reward) of 1.78 - short of my target (of at least 2), but OK for a counter trend trade

Attachments

• cable long trailing stop hit +.gif
    cable long trailing stop hit +.gif
    87.2 KB · Views: 165
EUR GBP short

My daily indicator is long and 4 hour short
Price has just printed a 4 hour trigger candle (short) rejecting a daily SR level
February's monthly candle also indicated rejection of higher prices for this pair at this time

I have therefore placed an order to enter this pair short @ 0.85 60, with a stop @ 0.86 00 (-40pip risk)
T1 = R1 = 40pips @ 0.85 20
T2 = recent support @ 0.84 60 (+100 pips R2)
T2 = trailing stop to 0.82 50 (if seen)

Attachments

• eur gbp short trigger off sr.gif
    eur gbp short trigger off sr.gif
    72.6 KB · Views: 159
Re: EUR GBP short

I have therefore placed an order to enter this pair short @ 0.85 60, with a stop @ 0.86 00 (-40pip risk)
T1 = R1 = 40pips @ 0.85 20
T2 = recent support @ 0.84 60 (+100 pips R2)
T2 = trailing stop to 0.82 50 (if seen)

Orders triggered open and stop hit (full loss)

Re: EUR GBP short

Orders triggered open and stop hit (full loss)

Sometimes, just sometimes I hate these markets (stop hit by 1 pip !!!)

Seriously it was an acceptable set up and risk to reward ratio
No point trading with the benefit of hind-sight or thinking 'coulda, woulda, shoulda'

Attachments

• eur gbp short !!!.gif
    eur gbp short !!!.gif
    85.7 KB · Views: 140

trailing stop to 141.70 (+175pips) on final T3 part (to 147.80 if seen before reversal hits trailing stop)

trailing stop to 143.10 (+315pips) on final T3 part (to 147.80 if seen, before a corrective reversal hits trailing stop)

Attachments

• eur jpy trailing stop.gif
    eur jpy trailing stop.gif
    84.9 KB · Views: 154
USD CAD long

My daily indicator is long, 4 hour is flat (previously short)
The last 4 hour candle indicated rejection of lower prices at this time (very very long 'tail' / wick)

I have placed an order to enter this pair long @ 1.02 50, with a stop at 1. 01 95 (risk -55pips) with the usual target split
T1 = R1 = +55pis @ 1.03 10
T2 = recent resistance@ 1.03 35 (85pips, if seen R1)
T3 = trailing stop to next monthly resistance level of 1.04 50 (200 pips, if seen)

Attachments

• usd cad long trigger.gif
    usd cad long trigger.gif
    75.7 KB · Views: 146

trailing stop to 143.10 (+315pips) on final T3 part (to 147.80 if seen, before a corrective reversal hits trailing stop)

Stop hit on final part
Overall R = 1.45

Attachments

• gbp jpy long - final part stop hit.gif
    gbp jpy long - final part stop hit.gif
    86.2 KB · Views: 148
usd jpy long

A 4 hour rejection bar has printed, offering a trigger back into the dominant uptrend of this pair

I have placed an order @ 94.20 with an 80 pip stop @ 93.40
T1. @ 95.00
T2. @ 96.00
T3. @ 100.00

eur gbp short

I have placed an order to enter this pair short, following the large daily rejection candle that printed yesterday @ 0.85 00, with a 60pip stop @ 0.85 60
T1. @ 0.84 40
T2. @ 0.83 00
T3. @. 0.80 00

Have you got some aggregated results from this testing yet? What's the overall performance looking like?

Re: usd jpy long

A 4 hour rejection bar has printed, offering a trigger back into the dominant uptrend of this pair

I have placed an order @ 94.20 with an 80 pip stop @ 93.40
T1. @ 95.00
T2. @ 96.00
T3. @ 100.00
post to show chart (trigger highlighted on daily time-frame - top right

Attachments

• usd jpy long entry.gif
    usd jpy long entry.gif
    86.5 KB · Views: 170
  • usd jpy long entry 2.gif
    usd jpy long entry 2.gif
    88.3 KB · Views: 154
Re: eur gbp short

I have placed an order to enter this pair short, following the large daily rejection candle that printed yesterday @ 0.85 00, with a 60pip stop @ 0.85 60
T1. @ 0.84 40
T2. @ 0.83 00
T3. @. 0.80 00

post updated to attach chart (order has not triggered open)

Attachments

• eur gbp short (missed).gif
    eur gbp short (missed).gif
    90.3 KB · Views: 210
Re: USD CAD long

My daily indicator is long, 4 hour is flat (previously short)
The last 4 hour candle indicated rejection of lower prices at this time (very very long 'tail' / wick)

I have placed an order to enter this pair long @ 1.02 50, with a stop at 1. 01 95 (risk -55pips) with the usual target split
T1 = R1 = +55pis @ 1.03 10
T2 = recent resistance@ 1.03 35 (85pips, if seen R1)
T3 = trailing stop to next monthly resistance level of 1.04 50 (200 pips, if seen)

Order opened and stopped out for full loss

Attachments

• usd cad log - stop hit.gif
    usd cad log - stop hit.gif
    91.1 KB · Views: 165