Sector Stocks

BTippen

Hi guys,

Could any1 tell me if they know of a site where i can find out exactly what stocks are in a certain Sector or etf. So for example i watch KOL for coal stocks as a sector but it would be nice to know exactly what stocks are in this sector etf. I normally watch 4 stock that i beleive are in this sector ACI, JRCC, BTU, MEE.

Thanks

Ben

Free_money,

Whats that website I tried sharesectors.com but it didnt work. Do you have a link?

Lucy,

Yhoo finance is what i currently use. However it has FSLR down as a Semi and i watch it as a solar. I cant see what the relationship is between FSLR and NVDA. I thought NVDA make chips for Gaming graphic cards and FLSR are a solar company like LDK, SOLF, STP etc

Thanks for your help guys

Lucy,

Yhoo finance is what i currently use. However it has FSLR down as a Semi and i watch it as a solar. I cant see what the relationship is between FSLR and NVDA. I thought NVDA make chips for Gaming graphic cards and FLSR are a solar company like LDK, SOLF, STP etc

Thanks for your help guys

Thats interesting about the Yahoo. Semi-Conductors classification

SO I looked the solars up

Most Solar stocks fall into
GICS Sectors =Industrials
Sub-Industry =Electrical Components & Equipment

And When I looked up FSLR it is in that category for indexing, thats weird that yahoo has them listed elsewhere.

Whats even more weird...
LDK is listed as
GICS =Information Technology,
Sub-Industry =SemiConductors

So I guess there is a fine line of how Solar companies manufacture and the pipeline for sales that helps determine which classifications they get.

Thanks Lucky.

So i watch the TAN etf for the solars and I watch the SMH or .SOX for the semi's

When FSLR makes a move which etf is it going to effect i wonder? Surely there is an exact answer. Any1 know what it is?

Ben

Lucy that is awsome!!!

TY TY TY.

I have checked this site before for the etfs but it never had this information on it.

Looks like they added it recently.

Thanks

Ben

YW thats what we are all (Most of us on T2W) are here for. I know my wife is glad I found this site. Shes so sick of me bouncing my trading ideas around the house...

Lucky,

Any idea how you find whats in the Sector index's like $IXT Technology Index?

Thanks,

Ben

we have been talking about ETF's but i was wondering it there the same for sector like $SOX for semi's or $IHF healthcare etc

i guess you are right lucky. I will focus on the EFT for sector movement from now on... also they work as % change from open on my software where as the $sectors dont.

ty