Secrets of Trading?

Thanks, Neil. I knew my science was never very good, right up to the point where i 'ate' my teacher. P.S. Don't tell anyone! Seriously though..........! RB.

Neil, the statement you have posted is correct. One thing puzzles me though? How did you come to the assumption that i was refering to that particular 'statement'? RB.

RUDEBOY said:
Neil, the statement you have posted is correct. One thing puzzles me though? How did you come to the assumption that i was refering to that particular 'statement'? RB.

I wonder if it has something to do with ...."us plebs" not being quite as thick as some members on here would like us to be .....like the chess computer that beat Kasparov being called " deep blue"..... :devilish:

C V

CV, what is your problem? Can you try not to be so 'cryptic' and self devaluing. Just say what you mean! Or is that something else that you have a problem with? RB.

RUDEBOY said:
CV, what is your problem? Can you try not to be so 'cryptic' and self devaluing. Just say what you mean! Or is that something else that you have a problem with? RB.

My problem is this ....I have a long memory...... and a good nose for B S ....end of...

C V

RUDEBOY said:
Well, well, well! Grudges never die with the truth?

Hmm, and i'm cryptic you say !!

P S .. I always put in a top Ten finish and more recently never out of top Five....Podium positions too numerous to mention. Would be good to see you up there One day !!

C V

I learnt a lot about what are not the secrets to trading the hard way over six years of buy and hold investing and then two years of failed day trading. It's a lesson that cost me about £40K to learn. Fortunately I didn't do what many others did and give up (although I felt like it sometimes!) and I've pulled through and earnt my £40K (and more) back over the last two years or so.

I'm now of the opinion that one could virtually stick pins in the FT to pick stocks and make a profit if discipline was applied to the money management aspect of it. Of course, one can improve the odds a bit by applying at least some common sense to the entry parameters.

But I'm still learning. I'm not a big investor by any means and I don't rate myself as hugely successful, but I have made a lot of progress over the last few years and am now trading profitably.

The most important lesson I've learnt over the last 10 years has nothing to do with how to pick stocks or whether to use trends, RSIs, MACDs, breakouts, swings or whatever - they all work if they're applied with a bit of common sense. The most important lesson I've learnt is to be robotically mechanical about trading, disciplined about money management and to leave my emotions behind when I'm trading.

I just found this thread while looking for something else, and although it appears to have died back in 2005, something occurred to me.

Who really knows if there is a "secret" in trading, because if it really is a secret, then no one is going to tell you...so it remains a secret! :smart: