Secrets of Trading?

Trader333 said:
Chess is ultimately a game of logic, trading is most definitely not and therefore the association is not comparable in my view.

Paul
I absolutely agree with your statement.

You are quite correct in saying that trading is not logical.

It is not logical in the conventional sense.

But it is subject to a perverse, inverted, reversed kind of logic in its own right.

It is this PIR logic that serves to defeat nearly everyone.

Do you remember how in the thread Journey from the Basement I kept on giving examples out of Through the Looking Glass, The Adventures of Alice in Wonderland, by Lewis Carroll ?

Well. if you read the book seriously from cover to cover, you will be able to understand more clearly what I mean.

I forgot to add, that The Adventures of Alice in Wonderland is a book anyone aspiring to become a trader should seriously read as it contains a wealth of ideas and information not found in any trading book. In my view it is a book wasted on children who do not have yet the savvy to accept it's illuminating wisdom throughout.

SOCRATES said:
Any light you can shed on this topic would be very well recieved by many members.
I will tell you in advance that I am only interested from the point of view of
curiosity ~ that is all, pure and simple. I would never consider using a system, ever.

maybe a fair question. But considering that out of several hundred of your posts that nobody can decode - in which you seem to claim some mystical power that you refuse to discuss or "shed light on", why do you request such information from FC?

UTB

Trader333 said:
Chess is ultimately a game of logic, trading is most definitely not and therefore the association is not comparable in my view.

Paul

Paul,
Totally agree wiv ur comments.

Would u agree that sprd-betting = gambling with little or no logic and stop-loss is just a way to lessen the damage/pain incase the bet goes wrong? :cheesy:

Derivatives = Trading with more logic and little to do with gambling [hence no stop loss] and can be compared to the chess player :LOL:

Fc and Soc,
I guess u wont be interested in my system? :cheesy: :LOL: [derivative trading]

rgrds
Bull
You dont need to be a genius to have brains :LOL: But you need brains to be a genius :rolleyes:

the blades said:
maybe a fair question. But considering that out of several hundred of your posts that nobody can decode - in which you seem to claim some mystical power that you refuse to discuss or "shed light on", why do you request such information from FC?

UTB
For the benefit of you lot directly and for my benefit indirectly.

What we need is more cannon fodder, the more the better.

bulldozer said:
Paul,

Fc and Soc,
I guess u wont be interested in my system? :cheesy: :LOL: [derivative trading]
That is very kind of you. I cannot speak for FC. But for my part, I am not interested. But thank you all the same. Much appreciated.
icon10.gif

Interesting you ignored my post ....either your bored with me ..or you don't have the answer ....just teasing :cheesy:

C V

the blades said:
whatever happened to thirteen?

:LOL:
Banned, for being disrepectful and naughty and a persistent troublemaker.

I forgave him his transgressions long ago, as I came to realise he didn't know any better, and was an object of pity if nothing else.
icon10.gif

counter_violent said:
Interesting you ignored my post ....either your bored with me ..or you don't have the answer ....just teasing :cheesy:

C V
Sorry Counter, I didn't see it. I think it is a question of adapting, as conditions change more than anything else. As different situations appear and develop, so new strategies have to be developed to deal with them. The markets are forever changing.

SOCRATES said:
For the benefit of you lot directly and for my benefit indirectly.

What we need is more cannon fodder, the more the better.

I'm temped to start a poll - who has offered the most help / generated most ideas for the T2W community?

Socrates with his tea leaves or FC with his systems.

But a poll isn't needed, is it ;)

UTB

the blades said:
I'm temped to start a poll - who has offered the most help / generated most ideas for the T2W community?

Socrates with his tea leaves or FC with his systems.

But a poll isn't needed, is it ;)

UTB
What are these tea leaves you talk about, let's see ?
All this because you are frustrated and annoyed with your performance, surely.
None of it is any fault of anybody but your own good self.

And a good day to you.

Actually in trading there are no secrets, because all of it is perfectly obvious.
The problems arise as a consequence of an inabilty to confront.
But this ability to confront must not be accompanied by forcing.
No market can be forced.
It is that simple.

SOCRATES said:
What are these tea leaves you talk about, let's see ?
All this because you are frustrated and annoyed with your performance, surely.
None of it is any fault of anybody but your own good self.

And a good day to you.

I'm more than happy with my performance. That's why I don't live on here.

You seem to be rather busy on the internet forum front Soc? Running out of ideas?

Drop me a PM and I'll give you a few tips (and not your preferred PG variety).

UTB

PS - rather than post umpteen posts of no substance on the same thread, why not combine them all into one, whoppingly irrelevant one?

Reactions: pb
I am not running out of ideas because the ideas I have work consistently and that is why I am not willing to share them with you, but I do have a big tip you deserve to be offered but I am certain you would not like it, no, you would not like it at all, you wouldn't., so it is best for you not to stupidly persist. Ha ! Ha ! Ha !

Turning to the significance of the obvious again. ......

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle recounts how it is that Sherlock Holmes arrives one morning at the good doctor's home (or surgery ?) and the maid takes Sherlocks cloak, hat and cane and Dr Watson at that precise moment is coming down the stairs.

"What ho !"." Holmes !"." Do come up". "What...the devil.... brings you round so early ?"

To which Sherlock Holmes replies, "Well, I can see you have had the British Workman round again, since my last visit".....

"Holmes" replies the startled doctor (he was startled very easily you see) "That's Amazing !"......"How the devil did you deduce that ?"

Whereupon Sherlock Holmes explained very simply: "Well my dear fellow............. by the mark of his Hobnail Boot upon your new linoleum, that's how".....

Hello gents! The point about Kasparov was more to do with the fact that computers are becoming more and more powerful in more ways than one. As for chess it's not as logical as you may think? Chess is only logical from a 'winners' perspective, this may apply to trading in some form or the other? RB.

Yes precisely Rudeboy, but the logic is not quite the logic everyone believes it is, as I explaned to Trader333 on another thread. It is a different kind of logic, topsy turvy, back to front, etc.,
This presents insurmountable diffiiculties with getting to grips with things effectively and consistently to ordinary people who persist in using ordinary logic that does not perversely fit.
"Thought is everything".

Hello Socs. Mmm, 'market logic'..........! I see what is being said here!........... "For every action there is a reaction!". Does this statement apply to the markets? I would say yes. And i would say that this is true to the extremities of the market, from FA through to TA. What i am trying to say is that, there is a reason for everything on the market(s). It is up to the individual to apply 'market logic'! It is all there, It's up to the individual to work it out. Any thoughts anybody? RB.

State of education today - tsk !

RUDEBOY said:
Hello Socs. Mmm, 'market logic'..........! "For every action there is a reaction!". RB.

NO Rudeboy , " For every action there is an EQUAL and OPPOSITE reaction." ;)