searching strategy weekly target 50-100 pips

Hello dareking and welcome.

Can you give a little bit more information, eg: what are you trading, indices, fx, commodities equities etc, what timeframe do you trade etc.

Buy when it's going up. Exit if it stops going up. Short if it's going down. Exit if it stops going down.

Hello friends, :clap:

i m new here, but i need a good strategy, can u help me?:)

imo for newbs a good place to start is to find levels in the most liquid instruments where you know people will definitely trade and have a fight over where price is going next. The easiest levels to use to begin with are yesterdays high and low, when price reaches these levels a significant amount of order flow WILL enter the market guaranteed. Try and design a strategy around this with sensible stops and targets. :smart:

searching strategy weekly target 50-100 pips

As already mentioned, levels and momentum are a good starting point.

Weekly targets may work for some, generally though I'd suggest
that annual targets are more relevant if any.
No rules though, some people do use daily or trade targets.

As far as targets go, instead of capping the upside with targets,
cap the downside with daily loss and drawdown limits.
Thats just my view though.
Depends on you, capping weekly, daily or trade profit
is more likely to maximise accuracy efficiency,
although profitability may suffer.
By maximising profitability, accuracy is usually lowered.
You don't have to be right to make money.

Explanation of drawdown:
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/drawdown.asp
Controlling loss is vital no matter what you do.

Last edited:

The best strat is your own. You can only develope your own by putting in chart time and demo demo demo. There are systems you can find that suit your preference but only you know what your preference is. Try some out and select one and master it. Or come up with your own which is possible. But be realistic and dont think you will make money right off the bat. Odds are very high you will lose money, how much os up to you. Fight through that part and the rest is up to you.

As already mentioned, levels and momentum are a good starting point.

Weekly targets may work for some, generally though I'd suggest
that annual targets are more relevant if any.
No rules though, some people do use daily or trade targets.

As far as targets go, instead of capping the upside with targets,
cap the downside with daily loss and drawdown limits.
Thats just my view though.
Depends on you, capping weekly, daily or trade profit
is more likely to maximise accuracy efficiency,
although profitability may suffer.
By maximising profitability, accuracy is usually lowered.
You don't have to be right to make money.

Explanation of drawdown:
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/drawdown.asp
Controlling loss is vital no matter what you do.

And this is good advice

Just trade with the price action you should be able to make 50-100 pips on consistent basis. Otherwise the sure fire hedging strategy can also be very much helpful.

Just trade with the price action you should be able to make 50-100 pips on consistent basis. Otherwise the sure fire hedging strategy can also be very much helpful.
Babyblush,
Please explain the point of your post? What, exactly, is it supposed to achieve? In what way does it assist 'dareking' to find or develop the strategy that s/he is seeking? If you're able to provide specific details about how to make 50-100 pips on a consistent basis using price action - then do so. If you are able to provide specific details showing how a 'sure fire hedging strategy' is very helpful - then do so. Failure to do so renders your post unhelpful, largely meaningless and totally pointless.

May I remind you that deliberately posting misinformation or trying to give the impression that you know something about a subject that in actual fact you know little or nothing about - is a breach of the Community Constitution. Kindly read it and modify your future posting habits accordingly.
Tim.

Babyblush,
Please explain the point of your post? What, exactly, is it supposed to achieve? In what way does it assist 'dareking' to find or develop the strategy that s/he is seeking? If you're able to provide specific details about how to make 50-100 pips on a consistent basis using price action - then do so. If you are able to provide specific details showing how a 'sure fire hedging strategy' is very helpful - then do so. Failure to do so renders your post unhelpful, largely meaningless and totally pointless.

May I remind you that deliberately posting misinformation or trying to give the impression that you know something about a subject that in actual fact you know little or nothing about - is a breach of the Community Constitution. Kindly read it and modify your future posting habits accordingly.
Tim.

Babyblush and a few others have posted "BOWLOCKS" since their first appearance. Nice to see T2W beginning to weed them out (yes-I have reported them before).