Scanning filters?

danielson

Hi everyone!

First off, let me just say how amazing the forum is. I feel like I've gained a ridiculous amount of knowledge in a very short space of time, so thanks to all who contribute. I've been reading as much content as my brain can handle over these last few months or so, and have now decided to start my first thread!

I'm currently familiarising myself with Finviz and was wondering what filters people are using, and with what settings when running scans? I'm looking towards trading US stocks, intraday, in the same way as Mr. Charts does. I'm not too interested in fundamental analysis as I essentially want to take a technical approach; check news, run scans, analyse charts etc. Does anyone have any tips on how to scan to find intraday trends, for example? Are many people writing their own filters? If so, how?

I'n spite of my preferred trading angle, i'd love to hear from anyone regardless of your style. Hopefully i'm not being too cheeky as i know everyone is already extremely generous with their knowledge/time, but I think others will find the info useful too. And as my own skills develop hopefully i can give something back.

Many thanks :clover:

PS. Ive attached a Finviz screen grab with the list of available filters to save people having to try and remember them.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-06 at 16.50.26.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-06 at 16.50.26.png
    262.5 KB · Views: 260