Scam virus check?

neil

Legendary member
Got this on my new Pc:

states I have a "Kernel disc error."
I heve to try all sorts to leave the page -the "leave button obscured by the lower task bar !!

Cannot find it in "programmes" to enable deletion.
Any ideas where it is hiding chaps ??
:(

Last edited:
Got this on my new Pc:

states I have a "Kernel disc error."
I heve to try all sorts to leave the page -the "leave button obscured by the lower task bar !!

Cannot find it in "programmes" to enable deletion.
Any ideas where it is hiding chaps ??
:(

Had same effect on mine when I clicked on that link.

PLEASE amend link so others don't get same Trojan what ever it is....

BEWARE!

Will have to look into what the heck it was as McAfee didn't pick it up.

Pooh bear!!!

Neil you are spreading the stuff. Please disable or amend your link so it doesn't take other bloggers to same site.

Can kill it by going into task manager and stopping all firefox / chrome services by clicking on END etc...

Not sure what it has done under the hood though :(

Last edited by a moderator:
So you can safely ignore it then.

If it popped on a legit site like trade2win then probably you've got some adware installed on your browser (you'll need to download some anti-spyware software to remove it).

If it popped up on a dodgy site (torrents or something) then I suggest you avoid it in future.

So you can safely ignore it then.

If it popped on a legit site like trade2win then probably you've got some adware installed on your browser (you'll need to download some anti-spyware software to remove it).

If it popped up on a dodgy site (torrents or something) then I suggest you avoid it in future.

Using IE instead of Chrome now. See, okay -the pop up blocker pops up asking me to allow or ignore pop ups....I ignore pop ups. Seems fine now. Went into Task manager and stopped Chrome as a precaution.

Using IE instead of Chrome now. See, okay -the pop up blocker pops up asking me to allow or ignore pop ups....I ignore pop ups. Seems fine now. Went into Task manager and stopped Chrome as a precaution.

Scanned everything on PC and nothing popped up as a threat. :)

Phew... :rolleyes: was worried.

What kind of dodgy site you've been visiting Neil??? :cheesy:

Thanks guys

Scanned everything on PC and nothing popped up as a threat. :)

Phew... :rolleyes: was worried.

What kind of dodgy site you've been visiting Neil??? :cheesy:

Yes - I did a full scan also -nothing showed up. It irks me that one buys a new Pc and you are hit with loads of ads. Trader333 advised me to get adaware which has killed most of them. Cannot think why this one pops up -tried to adaware it but not sure if it works. Back on Chrome now and things seem okay. Still worried why I could not hit the "leave page" bottom at bottom of the sites pop up. I think I may have triggered it on Forexfactory but not sure.Will stay away from ff to see what happens. Thanks for your help guys -really appreciated :)

Atilla? Can you kill your quote because the link is left in there? or at least change it so others can't unwittingly get hammered? :)

Atilla? Can you kill your quote because the link is left in there? or at least change it so others can't unwittingly get hammered? :)

I've changed the link before pasting it up so it's doesn't work. :smart:

Parent site links in there though if you did want to go fishing.

Good luck :)