Scalping E-Mini S&P Futures

Eurex

Hello Everybody,

Looking for scalping platform for E-Mini S&P Futures only.

Looked at following
Live CTS T4
SIM - Sierra Chart, Ninja Trader, X_Trader, Market Delta Trader, CQG Trader

My question is what are the scalping Platforms which you guys are using and why.

Good Luck Trading!

I connect to the OpenEcry API with an application I modified and tailored in C#.

Prop shops generally use X Trader or CQG.

Cunningham isn't ideal for scalping IMO.

This site might help: http://www.nobsdaytrading.com/

Ive looked at X_Trader DOM looks it their propriety position in queue and speed which prop firms use apart from spreading. But Prop firms have adv in rates they get and margins they have.

Why im averse to these DOM is they are useful if im entering at Market but im moving away from that to improve my results.

I’ve found buttons like Flatten, Reverse and Left Right click different Orders useful.

Are there any particular type of orders useful in E-Mini S&P?

Also looking for a Keypad entry hardware and compatible trading software platform . Anyone have used any software hardware which is used by Retail Scalper for Thick markets like E-Mini S&P please list why do you use it?

Ill look into the nobsdaytrading. His you tube videos are not in depth maybe if he posts his one of webnairs i might be tempted!

Good Luck Reading

Yes, follow any link a vendor advises, it's all about getting business.

PMSL....

Perhaps you could enlighten the crowd n_t and for once actually post something about trading here.

Or pull apart the content on that site about trading.

Nope - didn't think so. Just another bitter T2W member with nothing to say about trading.

On the ES, I usually go long by hitting into the offer just as it's about to break.

So a limit buy order at the inside offer price. That is pretty much the same as a market buy order but you avoid slippage.

This is just one way of getting in. Just that the way I trade, I'm pretty much guaranteed not to get a full if I join the bid/offer.

In terms of keypads.... Razer Nostromo....

razer-nostromo-gallery-1.png

I got one, I don't really use it - it's just a boy toy but it is programmable and so it does make an excellent trading keypad. I used it for a while but I think a regular mouse is more than enough.

PMSL....

Perhaps you could enlighten the crowd n_t and for once actually post something about trading here.

Or pull apart the content on that site about trading.

Nope - didn't think so. Just another bitter T2W member with nothing to say about trading.

Why don't you tell that to yourself and start discussing trading for once instead of keeping pushing "certain websites" you are affiliated with :?:

Why don't you tell that to yourself and start discussing trading for once instead of keeping pushing "certain websites" you are affiliated with :?:

Exactly. Why don't I post anything useful about trading? Well, what's in it for me?

I connect to the OpenEcry API with an application I modified and tailored in C#.

Modifying an application is a long process whats the motivation to make your custom application changes. Would you share which application you modified?

Any benefit you see with using custom application via API. Are you into DOM trading or do you automate your trades.

Any other benefits or advantages which you like to share.

Good Luck trading!

How many times you have to push this BS website ?!

It's "No BS" - I'll point anyone to it that is interested in scalping.

Do you know of a better source of information? Or do you know of specific info on the NO BS site that is incorrect?

Thought not. Just another whiner.

Modifying an application is a long process whats the motivation to make your custom application changes. Would you share which application you modified?

Any benefit you see with using custom application via API. Are you into DOM trading or do you automate your trades.

Any other benefits or advantages which you like to share.

Good Luck trading!

Most (if not all) trading applications seem to be written by software engineers not traders. The result is you end up with what the majority of retail traders want instead of what you need. The motivation for me is being able to tailor the application to give me what I need. The benefit is I can streamline the application and make it as efficient as possible thereby reducing CPU overhead.

No, I absolutely do NOT use DOM, no, not at all and I do not automate my trades.

Most (if not all) trading applications seem to be written by software engineers not traders. The result is you end up with what the majority of retail traders want instead of what you need. The motivation for me is being able to tailor the application to give me what I need. The benefit is I can streamline the application and make it as efficient as possible thereby reducing CPU overhead.

No, I absolutely do NOT use DOM, no, not at all and I do not automate my trades.

Let me preface this with saying that your posts are almost always helpful and I have learned much and been inspired to learn much from reading them. That said, I trade a completely different way from you though I have also written my own system to work with my broker API for the same reason that I couldn't accomplish what I wanted any other way. I target order flow combined with price info and have my system place the trades automatically. I am going to ask a question now that may be out of line but I mean no offense by any means.

I have placed 90 trades over the past 2 months on ES yielding +168 points with a maximum per trade drawdown of 2.25 points and maximum drawdown of 6.25 points. I am making money now. Is your way better or should I just concentrate on my way as it seems fairly good?

Cheers

I have placed 90 trades over the past 2 months on ES yielding +168 points with a maximum per trade drawdown of 2.25 points and maximum drawdown of 6.25 points. I am making money now. Is your way better or should I just concentrate on my way as it seems fairly good?

Cheers

Is it a purely mechanical system or pseudo mechanical (i.e. part discretionary)?

I am wary of automated trading systems which have excellent results over a short time period because almost invariably they will have an equally bad or worse period sometime in the future which wipes out all the profit and then some. This is why I gave up automated trading many years ago and became a fully discretionary trader. I am glad I did and have never looked back. Your experience might end up being completely different.

Is it a purely mechanical system or pseudo mechanical (i.e. part discretionary)?

I am wary of automated trading systems which have excellent results over a short time period because almost invariably they will have an equally bad or worse period sometime in the future which wipes out all the profit and then some. This is why I gave up automated trading many years ago and became a fully discretionary trader. I am glad I did and have never looked back. Your experience might end up being completely different.

I developed the system to be fully automated but highly in tune with the market as it changes in terms of volume and volatility. As it trades I always cringe when there is multi day drawdowns but I'm having more faith as time passes. Of course I am always looking for improvements to it but I am vigilant to not create specific technicals for specific trades. Over fitting is a difficult trap to avoid.

The best part for myself is really bring able to see the movements of the market and putting it into words as I program it in.

Cheers