Save Now! pop ups

bracke

Experienced member
For several months I have been beseiged by Save Now! pop ups. I have been informed that they idenify the site I am visiting and suggest alternative companies selling similar products.

It would appear that at some time something (cookie or similar) has been downloaded on to my computer to enable these pop-ups. I have run clean up software but it does not get rid of them.

I would appreciate assistance in getting the offending software out of my computer.

Regards

bracke

Trader333 & oatman

Thank you for your replies, I have downloaded karenware cookie finder and exterminated a number of unwanted cookies. If I do not come back it means that it has done the trick otherwise I will look at lavasoft and report back.

Regards

bracke

I would still take Ad-aware because it will automatically tell you which are tracking cookies or whatever.
It's easy to use, you just "fix" what it finds.
The other one is Spybot. Only fix prechecked red 'til you know what you're doing. ;)

oatman

Thank you. I will see if the karenware eliminates the save now! pop-ups and report back. I will also download the adaware software.

Considering that this site has 12,802 registered members there are surely others who are plaged with this problem.

Regards

bracke

oatman

You do well laugh, that site is a mass of information and very useful.

I have cleared out save now! via add/delete programs and so far they have not returned and used the karenware to delete other cookies.

Thanks to oatman and Trader 333 for your assistance.

Regards

bracke