Satellite data feeds?

malbra

i need to get real time financial data and news via satellite(since internet connection is too slow here) i have 80 cm satelllite dish and DVB-S pci card..
what are good choices to have satellite data feeds?

Before sending them too much money I would advise reading their accounts (available at Companies House online). I am sure that they are a fine company but I tend to like my counterparties to be in strong financial shape.

{Before this is censured please note that I am not saying that they are in poor shape, just that I would advise you to take a look}.

It's a data feed not a broker. You pay a subscription for the markets that you need to follow. :confused:

This is true but there is risk nonetheless.

If your data vendor were to go under suddenly and you relied on the feed for your trading you could find yourself in trouble.

Imagine a scenario in which you have, say, 20+ open positions and are unable to monitor them. The cost of this could be phenomenal.

This is obviously compounded in the scenario proposed above in which the Internet is too slow in the region and a satellite feed is the only viable option.

Credit risk is very real in this sense.

NQR

i have a handheld pc with GPRS connection(and 5 gigabyte data paid)so in case,internet connection goes down,or my pc goes down i can always get out of the market fast,obviously, you cannot trade everyday with a handheld pc...
i surfed Tenfore ...but no mention about prices..so no good transparency...

BIS offer a satellite feed.
I am not sure they are in much better financial shape than Tenfore but I think the
feed is a little cheaper.

Comstock also offer a satellite feed.
It is quite expensive but you can be certain they wont go bust as they feed
all of Interactive Data.

Both of these might be a better option than Tenfore.

malbra said:
i have a handheld pc with GPRS connection(and 5 gigabyte data paid)so in case,internet connection goes down,or my pc goes down i can always get out of the market fast,obviously, you cannot trade everyday with a handheld pc...
i surfed Tenfore ...but no mention about prices..so no good transparency...

The price depends on which markets you want to receive and market fees as well. It's impossible to give an estimate. Tell them what you require and they'll price your package. I used Tenfore a few years back without any problems.

www.bis.de/

This is the main page in German.

For English: www.bis.de/en

Note the Sales contact may be out of date on the English page.

This is a good system, and reasonably priced (via internet).

Grant.