- good system
- low risk per trade
- money managemnt
- low key operation
- stay focused
- trading is hard
- prepare for losses
- invest winners outside of trading

How do I reduce the risk? Should be the main effort. When you enter a trade you are at maximum risk, you then reduce risk balancing profit against risk taken ie scaling out, tightening stops, BE etc till you are at minimum or risk free and can let them run. You need experience to pick this up as each market has its own idiosyncrasies and you don't want to get stopped out too early on a profitable run. Only way to make money in this game in my opinion.

Great post. Agree 100%

What I saw in the last 10 years, most traders however loose the most when they are in profit. You need experience how to stay in profit. Sooner or later that will take you from zero to hero.

For that a trader need creative experience. The exp when they see that not only 10-50 USD profit can be taken but a lot more.

I always advise people to first set your TP and for that manage your SL. Make statistic, like 1 from every 64 profitable trade will give me 10% profit on account. So if you know that, it will help in your trading psichology and takes a little bit out the greed.

Be patient, there is no such thing as a get rich quick system in Forex or anything else. You do not need to be stuck in front of a computer all day every day.

How does it work? You are patient, yet are not sitting in front of a computer all day every day? What are you patient for, then?

I was wondering... Say, my risk tolerance tends to zero, but I still want to make money trading - what is the best way for me? So far my number one pick is covered calls, but I'm curious if there are other options. I'd be happy if you could share your wisdom with me :smart:

Have you ever considered VIX options or Binary Options ?

They are less risky than selling puts or other styles of trading.

Considering how many runts I've heard about binary options, I guess I'll pass them :D As of VIX options, I've never heard about them before. After carrying out a small research, they do look interesting. Are they liquid enough, or is it just a trend without real volumes being traded?

Considering how many runts I've heard about binary options, I guess I'll pass them :D As of VIX options, I've never heard about them before. After carrying out a small research, they do look interesting. Are they liquid enough, or is it just a trend without real volumes being traded?

The VIX is a way of trading the entire market......at least the volatility.

Right now it is at 11.6......that is about as low as it has ever been.

Investopedia explains it better than I can......

----------------------------

The VIX is an implied volatility index that measures the market's expectation of 30-day S&P 500 volatility implicit in the prices of near-term S&P options. VIX options give traders a way to trade volatility without having to factor in the price changes of the underlying instrument, dividends, interest rates or time to expiration - factors that affect volatility trades using regular equity or index options. VIX options allow traders to focus almost exclusively on trading volatility.

http://www.investopedia.com/article...dirN&qo=investopediaSiteSearch&qsrc=0&o=40186

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/%5EVIX?p=^VIX

Hi mate,

Can you tell me why Binary are safer way to trade?

As I see, if you win, you get 0,70-0,80 unit profit. However if you loose, you loose 1 unit. That tells me that you have to be a very good trader and have over 70% profitability ratio.

Lots of work, small return.
On the other side when I trade forex, i can use different trading systems. For example if I trade on option expiry, usually I get more than 1:5 RRR.

You dont have to register, pay or do anything, you can check option expiry on our website.

The VIX is a way of trading the entire market......at least the volatility.

Right now it is at 11.6......that is about as low as it has ever been.

Investopedia explains it better than I can......

----------------------------

The VIX is an implied volatility index that measures the market's expectation of 30-day S&P 500 volatility implicit in the prices of near-term S&P options. VIX options give traders a way to trade volatility without having to factor in the price changes of the underlying instrument, dividends, interest rates or time to expiration - factors that affect volatility trades using regular equity or index options. VIX options allow traders to focus almost exclusively on trading volatility.

http://www.investopedia.com/article...dirN&qo=investopediaSiteSearch&qsrc=0&o=40186

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/%5EVIX?p=^VIX

I see... Thanks for bringing it to my radars, I'll do my due dilligence now :)

To be safe in Forex trading avoid greediness, emotion and laziness. This all things can help you to stay out from big loss. People are losing their money in Forex because of their own mistake. Just avoid it and be safe in trading.

Yeah Patience and Discipline are the key factors that you need to be consider, if you really want to become successful in Forex Trading.

You should use lower risk reward like 1%, 2%! In addition, there have another valid way and is ‘leaning’. You knowledge can helps you a lot! Don’t concentrate on your trading result but be dedicate on your trading analysis and mistakes! Listen, success is a long time process! So, if you are on the right track then definitely you’ll be success!

How exactly will I get profit without initially concentrating on my trading results. I'm here for money, not theory or science :)

The only way to safe trade is to avoid trading, as there is no way that you will never face loss. Even the greatest expert traders face loss, but they take it as a lesson and make more profit later on.

I use a forex swing trade system that risks around 3% of my capital per trade. I swing trade on a combination of fundamentals and technicals. Trades are based on daily charts and use a combination of RSI (14), MACD, Slow Stochastics, Bollinger bands, and MA's. Monthly pivot points and Fib levels are also used from time to time to establish reversal levels. I usually require confirmation from least 2 indicators before I establish a trade.

I've been profitable every month in 2016

https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/bsc-daily-trader/1530968

System is fairly easy to learn

Well done blackshield, sounds like a classic TA approach, and profitable every month is a definite achievement.

I'm not a user of any off-chart indicators and it seems to me that most of them including yours just replicate what the others say. Do you have a an absolute key factor or indicator reading that you pay vital attention to that trumps all others? (if you like, "one ring to rule them all"?)

I recommend using the safe strategy. This strategy is used by both newbie traders and experienced ones to guarantee safe market entry in the case of a reversal price movement with minimal losses. The strategy itself means that the trader's deal is protected and the profit is partially “hidden” in the safe, and there are two ways for further situation proceeding:
Risk per trade shouldn't be more than 5% of the deposit;
the price goes in the direction of the transaction, profit is partially fixed and in the future the transaction is without risk.
With the help of this strategy, it's possible to get half the profit, with a full zero stop loss.

5% is too much ....7-8 consecutive failed trades (easy for a beginner or inexperienced trader) and you will take a lifetime to get back to b/e or bust by taking too much risk to get back in game

N

I was wondering... Say, my risk tolerance tends to zero, but I still want to make money trading - what is the best way for me? So far my number one pick is covered calls, but I'm curious if there are other options. I'd be happy if you could share your wisdom with me :smart:

Midget in a crowded elevator smells things differently

wicked wicked man FT.......although the concept of "Safe" and Trading in the same sentence always worries me....

I posted this because I saw you were in the thread - and wanted to see how quickly you would respond - because I knew that you and only you as usual always gets it FAST & FIRST. :) :)

Have a good one, NVP

There is no safest or shortcut when it comes to trading. The markets are very unpredictable. If it was not, we would be raking all the profits.