S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

re: S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

OK so who milked JP Morgan for $2billion !

own up ya bum :p

Flat again. Time for some poker action.

Right, am done for today. Will post up trade in a minute.

a. ONH 1351, ONL 1335.75
b. Gap close at 1351
c. Buying shelf at 1336.75 from overnight market
d. OAOR to downside, 345k CBAVOL, well out of balance.
e. Looking for a quick test of the buying shelf
f. Got it, long market order 1337.00 @ 14:31GMT (1)
g. There she goes, seems to be stalling around 39.00 - this is interesting, wasn't expecting this.
h. Out market order at 1338.50 @ 14:33GMT (2)
i. 6 ticks profit before commissions
j. MAE 2 ticks, MFE 14 ticks, exit efficiency 43%
k. Entry and exit a little sloppy today but still a nice start to the week.
l. Today's opera Jessonda by Louis Spohr, one of my favourites
m. Today's coffee was a latte with 2 shots
n. Best trade, this one although entry and exit could have been a little tighter.

Attachments

• ES210514.png
    ES210514.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

Some have it easy !
Nearly called you Rooster by mistake :)
2 shots of what in the latte ?
sounds good

It's all in the pre-market prep. I think I mentioned on here that ES tips it's hand early on some days ;)

Oddly if 'The Leopard' is now 'The Leonard' then there is no reason why I shouldn't be referred to as Rooster.....

re: Intra day S&P 500

Trades and other ramblings now posted on Pat's intraday thread in general chat

Sorry for showing up so late today.
Not like I have contributed much thus far, but...:whistling

I didn't think I would be this much hung over from a simple Mothers day.:eek:
Do you guys even do that over there? Any way I should have posted my SPX intra day cycle times BEFORE the market opened.

Here are todays times
A-8:45
A-10:50
A-11:45
C-12:40
C-1:05
C-1:20
A-1:50
B-2:40
These are again in central standard time so what ever changes you need to make.
The letter that come before the time rate the relative strength of the cycle affecting the market at that time. This is something I should have done with Fridays as most of the cycles were the lowest (C) strength and as you can see not much happened.

A-Strongest
B-Weak
C-Weakest

Just to let you know these cycles are calculated on the five minute charts so they are little swings. They may line up with the big swings for the day but those are not the cycles being worked with.
I used the smallest (I am pulling together my longer term SPX cycle info using hour charts) cycles that I used to work with because it seems to me you go for the littler swings more than not Pat.

Once the little ones are out of school for the summer (In three more weeks) I will have much more early morning time to trade. i.e. 7:00-9:00AM my time. So when that happens I will be able to post some SPX paper trade "live".

Sorry for showing up so late today.
Not like I have contributed much thus far, but...:whistling

I didn't think I would be this much hung over from a simple Mothers day.:eek:
Do you guys even do that over there? Any way I should have posted my SPX intra day cycle times BEFORE the market opened.

Here are todays times
A-10:50
A-11:45
C-12:40
C-1:05
C-1:20
B-2:40
These are again in central standard time so what ever changes you need to make.
The letter that come before the time rate the relative strength of the cycle affecting the market at that time. This is something I should have done with Fridays as most of the cycles were the lowest (C) strength and as you can see not much happened.

A-Strongest
B-Weak
C-Weakest

Just to let you know these cycles are calculated on the five minute charts so they are little swings. They may line up with the big swings for the day but those are not the cycles being worked with.
I used the smallest (I am pulling together my longer term SPX cycle info using hour charts) cycles that I used to work with because it seems to me you go for the littler swings more than not Pat.

Once the little ones are out of school for the summer (In three more weeks) I will have much more early morning time to trade. i.e. 7:00-9:00AM my time. So when that happens I will be able to post some SPX paper trade "live".

I do go with a short t/f
I have plotted your times for today. Ummm nothing springs to mind. :|

Attachments

• awsteele's.PNG
    awsteele's.PNG
    109.3 KB · Views: 151

Here are the times for Tuesday:
A-10:55
A-11:40
A-11:50

Like I said these are the smallest cycles that I calculated. They work with cycles that tend to move the market about 2 points.

The hour chart cycles that I worked with tend to move the market ten points or so. The issue with them comes from the fact that they are accurate to 1 bar so the hour pointed to might begin with the market change or end with it.
This is why being able to read price is important.

The last thing to look at is the fact that the cycles simply time a market change which is not always going to be a turn. It might time when the market goes sideways, or ends a sideways movement.

The next hourly shows up about 1PM my time on Tuesday.

The market got a big boost from Germany's 5* estimated figures.

The Greeks may opt for a flock of technocrats like Italy. Shows democracy has it's shortcomings imho.

Attachments

• S&P 500.PNG
    S&P 500.PNG
    110.3 KB · Views: 122

I'm in for a risky long.
Going with the trend

I'm gonna try that long again.

Attachments

• S&P 500.PNG
    S&P 500.PNG
    116.5 KB · Views: 124

Monsieur Hollande has been inaugurated.
Left wing cronies only invited ????
Let's hope he has learned not to blow every sou he can get his hands on like the other lefties !

Sacre bleu

Sounds interesting please explain.

I'm based in London, and trade the opening range after the US markets open. After the first 30 minutes, and only for the first 2 hours before lunch. Its been profitable for me, and giving me around 20% return on my account per month. Plus I dont need to keep trades over night which I have found very risky.

Somesh