S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

Buy if we get a reasonable pull back?

Looking at that now - wondering whether it is worth a short from wherever it settles back down to 99.50 or something and then long for the ride back to test the high. Doesn't seem like it is settling yet though.

Looking at that now - wondering whether it is worth a short from wherever it settles back down to 99.50 or something and then long for the ride back to test the high. Doesn't seem like it is settling yet though.

Possibly, but not for me. The market has been very rangy with plenty of ping pong action of late, but even so I never touch anything like that, so I wouldn't do it now. The up move has been very strong (and even stronger on NQ, which I know some people say is like a leading indicator for ES and YM - don't really see it myself, but there you are) and I'd only be looking to stay flat or buy on a pull back.

Possibly, but not for me. The market has been very rangy with plenty of ping pong action of late, but even so I never touch anything like that, so I wouldn't do it now. The up move has been very strong (and even stronger on NQ, which I know some people say is like a leading indicator for ES and YM - don't really see it myself, but there you are) and I'd only be looking to stay flat or buy on a pull back.

Short - filled at 3.25 - looking for 99.50 or so

No trades today. I think in consoling my friend with wine yesterday, I managed to somehow lose my security dongle for my IB account. This is a bit of an issue.

On the bright side - my poor mate. He had no idea what to do - he's got a new woman but she's moving to another town to start up a business, she's asked him to go with her. He's all worried because it's a fairly young relationship.

What to do, eh?

Well - problem solved this morning when she called him and said "Did you mean what you said on the phone last night?" to which he replied "I spoke to you on the phone last night????"

Apparently, at some point in the evening, he called her, announced his undying love to her as well as the fact that he'd like nothing more than to move in with her and help her with this new business.

I have vague recollections of advising him not to use his phone last night - but he's a blank on the whole thing.

Excellent, excellent work. I haven't laughed so much in ages.

Follow your heart; It's the only way to live your life. :)

Yes - it neither sold off nor went to just double check whether it could make a high or not. Ambiguous hence out.

My short term view today
They are not trend lines nb

Attachments

• S&P 500.PNG
    S&P 500.PNG
    109.1 KB · Views: 135
Mon Aug 27

7:00am EUR German Import Prices m/m 0.7% 0.8% -1.5%
All Day GBP Bank Holiday
9:00am EUR German Ifo Business Climate 102.3 102.7 103.2

5:15pm USD FOMC Member Pianalto Speaks

28th August

Out for dinner this PM but should be back for the open.
Market is still balanced. Europe, Asia pretty flat.

8-27-20126-18-06AM.png

Not much to say - will be looking for longs below 1395 & shorts above 1412.25 - where we are as I post this.

There was a nice range on Friday, with a low at 1395.25.

Longs - 1410.50 (as long as we stay above that in globex), The open, 1408.75, 1403.50-1405
Shorts - 1415.75, 1418.50, 1422.25, and of course 1424.75

Last edited:
Bugger - screwed up the qty on the order.

8-27-20129-33-31AM.png

Reason for entry - push down, moved back up to the open and couldn't get through it.

I should probably add to it - but my talking lucky rabbits foot says that I should not ignore the omen of a fluffed entry.

stop to b/e on this as we get to the gap close - target just above the ONL - where I'll be looking for a long.

No plan to take profit before that as there's only 1 lot.