Rumor has it the Senate are gonna act against companies that outsource to India blah

Car Key Boi

as yuo know, outsourcing to India and the far east has been going on for years now, but in recent times it's been getting out of hand. There's serious concern about the impact that outsourcing to the Far East/India/blah is having on American jobs (and i'm sure yuo Brits have the same sentiments about UK jobs being lost to overseas 'call centers' and so on)

i hearing rumors that a bill will soon be introduced in the Senate that invokes some serious taxation on American companies that outsource jobs overseas

i'm also hearing a rumor that Merril Lynch have notified all their Corporate Technology Tards that their jobs will be outsourced to IBM beginning of next year. Most of these IBM Tards are gonna be based in, yes yuo've guessed it, INDIA!
sadbanana.gif

the funniest thing is when UK companies outsource to India and then train them to talk in UK accents like cockney to fool the customers into thinking they are chatting to UK indians.

hehehheheeeheehe typical English elites' hypocrasy

....multinationals have been outsourcing manufacturing 'labour' for years now...every toy, tool you buy is either made in China or Taiwan or somewhere...they could have manufactured in their own country..!!!...No one was stopping them..it's the labour costs..

Even the good ol British inventor Dyson, moved outside GB recently to find cheap labour...

That is market working...trying to maximise the profits for their many shreholders..!!!! and I have no problem with that..!!!

zambuck said:
....multinationals have been outsourcing manufacturing 'labour' for years now...every toy, tool you buy is either made in China or Taiwan or somewhere...they could have manufactured in their own country..!!!...No one was stopping them..it's the labour costs..

Even the good ol British inventor Dyson, moved outside GB recently to find cheap labour...

That is market working...trying to maximise the profits for their many shreholders..!!!! and I have no problem with that..!!!

i do have a problem with it, because it's getting out of hand, although i totally understand the reasons why IBM, Microsoft, Dyson blah are giving American/British workers the sh!tcan in favor of India Boi. If i was the CEO/CFO of a large multinational i'd be doing it coz it's not just the salary, but the "load" that goes with it

the "load" is the total cost to the company. For example, say yuo are working for Dyson and yuo're making 50K in salary and bonuses. Say the load is 38% at Dyson - that 38% is yuor bennies, cube, electricity, lighting, taxes, pension, health care, dental, blah - so yuor real cost to the company is 50K + 38% of yuor salary. So in this case it's 19K, so yuor real cost to Dyson is 69K

now compare this to Indian Boi who is being paid 3 or 4 bucks per hour. He gets jack sh!t, no bennies, no nothing. So his cost to Dyson really is $3/4 per hour. Say Indian Boi works 40 hours per week

YUOR salary loaded $69000/52 weeks = $1326.92 PER WEEK (40 hour week)

Indian Boi salary unloaded $8320/52 weeks = $160 PER WEEK (40 hour week)

so if yuo take the $69,000 - $8320 = $60,680 SAVINGS PER EMPLOYEE!

there is NO WAY ANY COMPANY is going to turn down those kind of cost savings

but if every US and UK company were to continue outsourcing at current rates, in 4 or 5 years...

US/UK economy/unemployment/blah=even more screwed than the Eurotard ecomomies

- Car Key Boi
sadbanana.gif

If you can teach someone from Asia ( Native) to talk Cockney AND fool me, I'll eat my hat. It's like trying to teach a Chinaman to say "fishhhhhhhh and chippppps" instead of "fit an chit".

Stand No. 1. If I don't get an english speaking, or at least sounding person the end of a help line, I'm stuffed. Dunno about others, but I find some accents extremely hard to comprehend. Glasgow, some Irish, Asian, Chinese etc.

Stand 2. Mr. CKB. Let's start at the top. How come CEO's can warrant Xmillion $$$ in salary bonus,options etc., yet their company shares are diving, and they pay their staff 3$ an hour? Then they have the audacity to say the company can't afford pay rises, yet they cream another Million in bonus. :( They want to ship to Far East so they can cover up their own incompetences.
Best continue this thread in the Lounge...

I`m with CKB on this I have a very great problem with this. Yes most manufacturers moved to China etc, and as a result this countries economy HAD to change to service. What will this country do when all the service jobs go as well???

If companies want to trade in this country they should be damn well made to employ in this country.

The purpose of a company is to provide goods or services, profits are the result not the reason for being.

A list of companies who are outsourcing should be available so we can stop using them!

CKB

You have answered your question in a way..

The keyboard you were typing from was probably made in china...your monitor was probably made in Japan...your graphics card was probably made in Singapore...he computer you bought - after checking the price had 90% components made in Far East...

Statistics aside (one has to be an Economist) as a consumer we make choice based on cost.....In mid 80's miners strike was all about cheap coal from abroad while local miners were expensive...Government sourced the coal from abroad and put whole mining community on 'Social Security'...

Purchasing any product is a fine line between cost and quality....and as long as it is made avilable in a Legit way I will buy it even if it is made abroad or for that matter I will use a Company that will reduce my Insurance or costs by outsourcing...

Historically all Industries have always tried to source cheap labour to maximise their profit....African slaves were exported to America to work for pittance but to maximise the cottom farmers gains...Although I would never subscribe to that level of slavery..many cultures have done this...(in some quartes it still exists!!)

Work outsourced to India or Far East is not only telephone answering ..it is a core deverlopment of product as well...and the locals are certainly paid more than the local going rate..

You can't always have good life in West here while third world rots in perpetual economic slavery...any help for them is good thing indeed...

So if if benefits the people of that country in that way and benefits my pockets here... I have no problem with that...

stevem12 said:
I`m with CKB on this I have a very great problem with this. Yes most manufacturers moved to China etc, and as a result this countries economy HAD to change to service. What will this country do when all the service jobs go as well???

Well what did the country do when Manyfacturing jobs went in late 70 and 80's??..Why stop at Service jobs...We should have proteted the Manufacturing jobs as well??

If companies want to trade in this country they should be damn well made to employ in this country.

...Yes good thing....so perhaps you will buy only British made in Britain from now on?

The purpose of a company is to provide goods or services, profits are the result not the reason for being.

If that is the case then perhaps no Company should make any profits...they should provide good service at any cost..even if they sink or go out of business?

A list of companies who are outsourcing should be available so we can stop using them!

I agree with Zambuck.

This has been an accepted method of industrialised globalisation for many decades, so why the sudden excitement.

I'm afraid I don't want to buy a Dyson (for example) for £500 because the people on the UK assembly line have over-extended mortgages, have 3 cars per household, maxxed credit cards, and therefore demand £10 per hour to survive. This is extreme I know but that's the problem, the Western standard of living is high in comparison to the countries hosting the outsourcing.

If you want protect these jobs and compete with the world, ask your boss for a pay cut.

* If you can teach someone from Asia ( Native) to talk Cockney AND fool me, I'll eat my hat. *

Hope you like Trilbies and ketchup .

whether they can do the accent perfectly is a side issue , the point is - this deceit is already being done .

and the word Asia here is being misused once again , I meant this is happening in INDIA , where there is already an English base , and NOT the FAR EAST where there is no such base.

Also , how would an Irish tell the difference between Bombay English and a UK Indian from inner Bradford ? could be very little difference.

You may not like this , but it's foolish to deny it's happening .

the people to blame are leaders who have sold out to big business and the NWO . people in other countries would gladly get rid of these MNCs and live without the ensuing pariah culture , just like I assume people in UK would .

So the moral is : UK people have the goolies to take on your establishment , otherwise put up and shut up .

CKB ,

It's your beloved Repulican party that is at fault , sold out to the NWO . Have the guts to take them on , and til then stop whinging.

CKB:

Excellent points - hope u don't try to get a job in india though - i can just imagine your accent at the other end of the line.... lol ... but ya sure do come out with some cool points...

Chartman:
There was a program on the box about these call centres in India... beleive me some of those guys have been trained into speaking with better english accents than even you.... take my word for it.... I have actually talked to these guys when they've called me and they are impressive.....

just fyi.

We all know that the telephone companies especially like automated call answering because while you wait to hear all the options, you are clocking up online time and costs.

So while you wait for the 'dial 1 for this' 'dial 2 for that' and 'dial 3 for the other', they could spin out this laborious and frustrating process by adding in another tier:

dial 1 to be answered in a British Indian accent
dial 2 to be answered in a genuine Indian in India accent
dial 3 to be answered in a Scottish west coast accent
dial 4 to be answered in a Scottish east coast accent (my favourite incidentally)
dial 5 to be answered in a Scouser accent
dial 6 to be answered in a Georgie accent
dial 7 to be answered in a Conservative blue-rinse brigade accent
dial 8 to be answered in a Welsh accent
dial 9 to be answered in an Irish accent
dial 10 to be answered in a Chinese accent
dial 11 to be answered in a middle of the road English accent, with dropped h's and cut-off 'ings
dial 12 to be answered in a Kiwi accent
dial 13 to be answered in an Ozzie accent
dial 14 to be answered in a West Country yokel accent
etc
etc

:cheesy:

Just a quick thought.

If everything goes to the East, at what point do the companies outsource the CEO's. That would save loads of money!!!

The trouble is that if all the money and jobs go abroad then the major economies will suffer. No jobs = high unemployment = more people on benefits = government expenditure increasing = higher taxes = companies go bankrupt, and the cycle starts again.

Chartman - I agree with dsmodi. They are very accurate, and the thing that gets me is they are given English names (oh yes, and they also know what the weather's like over here)!!!
The only way to fool them is to start talking like a US rapper. :cool:

It's all simple economics.. and we consumers are driving it.

Who buys food at a corner shop instead of a supermarket?

Who uses telegrams to send a message?

Who cleans the kitchen by leading the stove?

Who buys carrots that have been kept 9 months in store, does not buy new potatoes from Cyprus, bananas from the Winward Isles or similar, cars from Japan, computer chips from the US, memory chips from Korea?

Who thinks that the world has not become an international trading place and you can isolate yorself from it? The same types of people who thought:
British coal was an essential industry.
British steel ruled the world
British cars are best
British shipbuilding was a national treasure

I am old enough to remember the times when all the above statements were regarded as true and any statement to the contrary was heresy.

British people have no rights to any jobs: they have to deserve them and offer products/services we are prepared to pay for.

We all moan about bank/insurance and other costs: when the employers take steps to reduce costs some people moan. What can you expect? We have already outsourced (in effect ) many NHS jobs by recruiting nurses from overseas becuase we Brits will not work as nurses in sufficient numbers to keep the NHS going.

Next you will be saying lets leave the EU and join US in a free trade area. (steel tariffs anyone?)

:-0

ChartMan said:
If you can teach someone from Asia ( Native) to talk Cockney AND fool me, I'll eat my hat. It's like trying to teach a Chinaman to say "fishhhhhhhh and chippppps" instead of "fit an chit".

....I hope the hat is something soft and small to digest easily...!!!..You won't be able to tell the difference...!!