Rpdfx mt4 spreadbet

ETX Capital

Hello All

RPDFX MT4 is a sister company of ETX Capital.

We have just launched a Spreadbet MT4 platform and would welcome your questions and comments on this thread.

Regards

RPDFX

Hello All

RPDFX MT4 is a sister company of ETX Capital.

We have just launched a Spreadbet MT4 platform and would welcome your questions and comments on this thread.

Regards

RPDFX

Are you still 'proud sponsors' of Greg Secker?

I hope their platform is a bit faster than their response to the two very good questions above...

Can you confirm, please, that you do not and will not use the Virtual Dealer plug-in?

Hi Barjon

We do use the Virtual dealer plug in.

We have entered the settings that fairly fill clients on gaps the same amount whether its in their favour or against them.

Of course the proof is in the pudding and no doubt you will soon see evidence of whether we are or are not being fair. I think you would agree that it would be unreasonable to judge us based on how other firms use this tool before you have had a chance to see how we use it.

ETX Capital has a good reputation for being fair and being honest, RPDFX will be no different I can assure you.

Thanks

Rob

Are you still 'proud sponsors' of Greg Secker?

PB

long time no speak.

I'll bite - We don't sponsor Greg Secker. We sponser the Flying Trader days that raises money for Childrens charities. Of course I'm proud of that, what man in their right mind wouldn't be. We're making a huge difference to the lives of less fortunate children, long may that continue.

Rob

PB

long time no speak.

I'll bite - We don't sponsor Greg Secker. We sponser the Flying Trader days that raises money for Childrens charities. Of course I'm proud of that, what man in their right mind wouldn't be. We're making a huge difference to the lives of less fortunate children, long may that continue.

Rob

Sadly many more children will become less fortunate when their parents pay Secker 20k for a forex course.

Hi Barjon

We have entered the settings that fairly fill clients on gaps the same amount whether its in their favour or against them.

Of course the proof is in the pudding and no doubt you will soon see evidence of whether we are or are not being fair. I think you would agree that it would be unreasonable to judge us based on how other firms use this tool before you have had a chance to see how we use it.

ETX Capital has a good reputation for being fair and being honest, RPDFX will be no different I can assure you.

Thanks

Rob

Rob

I think that's disappointing because I have to say that I can see little use for the plug-in other than providing for the manipulation of prices. That you have entered "fair" settings at the moment is incidental.

I do not dispute your honesty ( I have a small account with ETX and have no complaint whatsoever), but if you have burglar's tools in your pocket you can expect to be viewed with suspicion.

jon

Rob

I think that's disappointing because I have to say that I can see little use for the plug-in other than providing for the manipulation of prices. That you have entered "fair" settings at the moment is incidental.

I do not dispute your honesty ( I have a small account with ETX and have no complaint whatsoever), but if you have burglar's tools in your pocket you can expect to be viewed with suspicion.

jon

It's called 'going equipped'.

Rob

jon

Hi Barjon

I hear you.

Unfortunately the ‘out-the-box’ MT4 installation from MetaQuotes does not include the ability to gap client trades, either for or against the client. MetaQuotes provided their own solution, the Virtual Dealer (VD) plugin. Sadly historically many Brokers adjusted the settings that existed in the VD against their clients, and as a result, particularly in the US, Brokers have deservedly been heavily punished by the NFA.

MT4 has the ability to write custom plugins, so just because a Broker says they don’t use the VD doesn’t mean they haven’t written their own equivalent that can achieve the same. The reality is if they don’t use any plugin then a gap fill in the clients favour will not be passed onto them, which is unfair, hence almost all Brokers will have a solution of some sort.

As I say, judge us on what we do, not what others have done.

Rob.

Look at what they say about Scalping in their terms and conditions:

We do not provide fixed spreads and liquidity to enable Scalping and will deem any instance of Scalping to be a Manifest Error (for more information on the treatment of Manifest Errors please see that section of the standard customer Terms and Conditions). Scalping is considered a breach of your Terms and Conditions and may result in the immediate termination of your account and your access to our MetaTrader servers.

Hi Barjon

I hear you.

Unfortunately the ‘out-the-box’ MT4 installation from MetaQuotes does not include the ability to gap client trades, either for or against the client. MetaQuotes provided their own solution, the Virtual Dealer (VD) plugin. Sadly historically many Brokers adjusted the settings that existed in the VD against their clients, and as a result, particularly in the US, Brokers have deservedly been heavily punished by the NFA.

MT4 has the ability to write custom plugins, so just because a Broker says they don’t use the VD doesn’t mean they haven’t written their own equivalent that can achieve the same. The reality is if they don’t use any plugin then a gap fill in the clients favour will not be passed onto them, which is unfair, hence almost all Brokers will have a solution of some sort.

Rob.

Rob

Then I suggest that you are visibly upfront about it, not only publishing the settings you use and what that means for clients but also being prepared to be held to account if there's any deviation from them.

You will appreciate, I'm sure, that judging you on what you do is not easy unless people know what it is you are supposed to be doing.

jon

Hi Barjon

I hear you.

Unfortunately the ‘out-the-box’ MT4 installation from MetaQuotes does not include the ability to gap client trades, either for or against the client. MetaQuotes provided their own solution, the Virtual Dealer (VD) plugin.

You mean you need to create gaps or prevent them?

Hi Barjon

Thanks

Rob

What a bombshell. If I hadn't already stopped using ETX, I would now. What does RPD stand for, anyway? Someone suggested 'Random Price Differential', but that might be a bit unfair.

What a bombshell. If I hadn't already stopped using ETX, I would now. What does RPD stand for, anyway? Someone suggested 'Random Price Differential', but that might be a bit unfair.

Bombshell that they're using it or bombshell that they have admitted they use it?

Hi Barjon

I hear you.

Rob.

Under what circumstances do you gap trades against your clients?

Bombshell that they're using it or bombshell that they have admitted they use it?

Both, really. We all knew that the plug in was hooked up to most or all MT4 platforms, but I think I'd prefer they denied using it.

The bit about scalping being a manifest error is worrying, too. How does that square with MiFID, and what is RPDFX's definition of scalping?