Richard Russell ("Dow Theory") dies, aged 91

It should be remembered that the averages care not a whit for the number of people who may be buying or selling. The crowd, as such, does not make the market. It is the side with the greatest amount of purchasing dollars or the side with the largest amount of stock to sell that makes the trend. The averages register the majority opinion of money, not people.

--Richard Russell

Rest in peace, Richard Russel. His contributions to the trading community will not be forgotten.

Dbp,
Have you ever thought of going down the newsletter route? 'The Wyckoff letters' or the 'SLA Letters' perhaps. Accordiong to the first link that Alexa' posted, Richard Russell had 7,500 subscribers back in 2002 paying $300 p/a. That's a lot of good reasons to keep one's nose to the grindstone and pump out those newsletters!
Tim.

A man must believe in himself and his judgment if he expects to make a living at this game. That is why I don't believe in tips. If I buy stocks on Smith's tip I must sell those same stocks on Smith's tip. I am depending on him. Suppose Smith is away on a holiday when the selling time comes around? No, sir, nobody can make big money on what someone else tells him to do. I know from experience that nobody can give me a tip or a series of tips that will make more money for me than my own judgment.

--Jesse Livermore