Research of trading style on forex.

Emmi

Hi,

I would kindly ask for your help. I am doing reserch for my postgraduate degree in the foreign exchange market and would need at least 200 responses from traders. I made an online survey, which is reacheable at https://www.1ka.si/a/84173

The research is build up around trading in times of macroeconomic news (indicators) releases – is trading style in that particular time diffrent or usual for individual traders (retail fx). And another part is about analysis: technical and fundamental. Which is the most important for your trading and how much time do you spend on analysis.

The survey is completely anonymous and I do not collect any other data from you. It's placed on the website which offers free web research – free program from our University. It will take you between 5 and 8 minutes.

Thank you for your time in advance and good trading!

Just a quick review of reaching my goal (with your help):
10 completed - 190 to go
Thanks to 10 people who completed it!

I will certainly be back.
I like to write a little comment to support you. I every time spent my half an hour to read this weblog’s articles or reviews everyday along with a cup of coffee.

Today's report: only 2 more.

I am not improving at all. Today was really depressing day. I think that the problem is with the form, so today I made it in Google spreadsheet. I dismissed all unnecessary questions (all were important, but some of them less). It's available here: http://goo.gl/forms/QJ6Zp1wakJ

I am really trying, so please support me with stopping by - it will take you only 5 minutes.

Thanks to all who already answered!

I will certainly be back.
I like to write a little comment to support you. I every time spent my half an hour to read this weblog’s articles or reviews everyday along with a cup of coffee.

Masterforexasia, thank you for your support. It's very appreciated. It's nice to see, that you are not alone with your struggle. I am mad to myself, because I choose this topic. I like forex, trading, ... but I didn't think that it will be so hard to get any response ... But because I am very positive person, I still believe that there are people who will help me.

Enjoy with a cup of coffe, :)

Hi,

I would kindly ask for your help. I am doing reserch for my postgraduate degree in the foreign exchange market and would need at least 200 responses from traders. I made an online survey, which is reacheable at https://www.1ka.si/a/84173

The research is build up around trading in times of macroeconomic news (indicators) releases – is trading style in that particular time diffrent or usual for individual traders (retail fx). And another part is about analysis: technical and fundamental. Which is the most important for your trading and how much time do you spend on analysis.

The survey is completely anonymous and I do not collect any other data from you. It's placed on the website which offers free web research – free program from our University. It will take you between 5 and 8 minutes.

Thank you for your time in advance and good trading!

Don't see results... can I check them?

Dear Gerrgy,

In this program 1ka.si is this not possible. It's program on our university's server and does not allow this.
I promised that I will post here statistics for all answers, because of your help. I think that it is fair enough that I you too all see results. This will not spoil my thesis. :)

Also I put yesterday the same research, but in shorter form, throught Google document. I didn't use this program before, so I do not know if it allows me, that you see results. I Will check. If it allows that you see results, but not change anything, I Will turn this thing on. :)

I'll fill it!

Ran into the same problem during my own thesis haha.

Getting enough responses can be quite tricky haha

Belligerent_Drunk, thank you! I would hug you, :D

Frankly said: It's a nightmare ... I just don't understand why is so hard just to click on a few questions. I think that we all go throught this (process of collecting data), so we should be more understanding if someone needs just our opinion or something like that ... and cost us nothing. Ok, 5 minutes ...

Today's respons:
- Throught Google From: 5
- Throught 1ka.si: 2 (one right now! Thanks to this person, :) )
Together I have: 19 answered / 181 to go.

Can I ask you, if you know someone who is trading or is involved in FX, to forward my link to survey? I would be very grateful.

I also post the same research on babypips, Indian-forex, (elite trader banned me - they do not allow surveys). On forex factory and on forum.mt5.com I have to have at least, I do not know 5 or 10 post, which are going throught moderator. Something like that.

Any suggestions where to put it or how to increase response?

Dear Gerrgy,

In this program 1ka.si is this not possible. It's program on our university's server and does not allow this.
I promised that I will post here statistics for all answers, because of your help. I think that it is fair enough that I you too all see results. This will not spoil my thesis. :)

Also I put yesterday the same research, but in shorter form, throught Google document. I didn't use this program before, so I do not know if it allows me, that you see results. I Will check. If it allows that you see results, but not change anything, I Will turn this thing on. :)

:) Thanks for the tip!
I manage to turn on - so everyone who will now fill the survey, will be able to see result on google survey.

Fill the form on this site: http://goo.gl/forms/QJ6Zp1wakJ

Thanks Gerryg!

Emmi,

Maybe a stupid suggestion, but have you tried contacting brokers? Or posting your survey on brokers forums? What helped me a lot was to post it on linkedin. You can also try to contact some people who write forex related newsletters. Ask them if they want to share the link to your survey in their newsletters. Of course, you should send them (and their readers) the results of your survey/research (what is more readable).

I never read newsletters, so I cant provide you with a list of names hahaha. Anyway, you're on the internet. A little google search could go a long way.

Kind regards,

Koen

EDIT: newsletters are overrated; try bloggers!

Today's respons:
- Throught Google From: 5
- Throught 1ka.si: 2 (one right now! Thanks to this person, :) )
Together I have: 19 answered / 181 to go.

Can I ask you, if you know someone who is trading or is involved in FX, to forward my link to survey? I would be very grateful.

I also post the same research on babypips, Indian-forex, (elite trader banned me - they do not allow surveys). On forex factory and on forum.mt5.com I have to have at least, I do not know 5 or 10 post, which are going throught moderator. Something like that.

Any suggestions where to put it or how to increase response?

Try more FX related sites etc and twitter etc

Trouble is nowadays - when people spend even just 5 mins on a survey they expect something like a free entry to a competition or a free discount voucher off some product

The survey is maybe not detailed enough for many professional retail traders - but its very easy to fill in - although some of the yes / no answers need either sometimes or depends etc rather than black or white

Good Luck and just keep posting it at more forums etc and maybe you might need 6 -12 months to get your numbers

Regards

F

Hi Emmi - did your survey.
Some answers a bit grey as I am using spreadbetting to trade forex markets, which is only available in certain countries' jurisdicitons (I am in the UK).

Good morning,

Liebe Belligerent_Drunk: I was on mail all Friday. At the beginning I thought I Will get enough responses on different forums ... ha ha ha ... very optimistic girl. So I send mails to all from whom I am getting mails - analysis and such stuffs. Now I have around 100 answers. In my case in can not contact brokers, because my research is about individuals. Which of them Will be willing to let me in, in their mail system and to resend my request to all ... no go.
I took note about bloggers and I send some request in Friday. :) Thanks for the tip! ;)

Forexmospherian, :) You are right about your notice that some questions would need answers "depends" or something like that. I agree. Just in some cases then the most answered would be "depends" and that not help me alot. For example - question: are you normally in time of news releases on the market with open positions? (I wrote something like that.) Every one of us would choose depends. But in my questionnaire you have only yes or no. So you choose which one of them is more right for you. Are you normally on the market on that time or out. The thesis behind that is very simple: I assumed that individuals with lower initial deposit are not on the market in that particular time. So "depends" not help me. One woman wrote a doctorate in 2006 about that (I do not remember the name right now - I have it at home.) and the discoveries were: institutionals traders make more adjustments to their positions on that time (logically), retail traders not.

Tomorton, :) thank you! I know about spreadbetting. In my country is not allowed.

Thank you to all! :) I hope that you will have good trading week with blessing because you helped me.