reminiscence of(yet) a (novice)trader

Trading demo doesn't feed a gambling addiction though!

That's an interesting statement. If the OP has a gambling addiction then he should seek professional help and I would assume that a holistic approach would need to be taken to sort out his mental health, although I am in no way qualified to make comments regarding therapy for a gambling addiction!

That's an interesting statement. If the OP has a gambling addiction then he should seek professional help and I would assume that a holistic approach would need to be taken to sort out his mental health, although I am in no way qualified to make comments regarding therapy for a gambling addiction!

we must all have that addiction then.

am i the only one losing here,part of the 97%.everyone else must be in the other 3%.

am i the only one losing here,part of the 97%.everyone else must be in the other 3%.

Depends on what you are losing agg.

It looks to me that you are perhaps losing much more than money. If you carry on & find yourself 10 more years down the track having given your life to this vacuous bullsh1t industry, then money will be a tiny side issue.

Money is just one currency.

how much have you lost?
no one ever knows this or faces their reality NO ONE EVER ON FORUMS ANSWERS THIS.PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL AND SUFFERING FROM ADDICTION.TRYING TO PLAY A GAME THAT MAKES NO SENSE AND THEY CANNOT WIN AT ALL EVER.:clover:

no one ever knows this or faces their reality NO ONE EVER ON FORUMS ANSWERS THIS.PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL AND SUFFERING FROM ADDICTION.TRYING TO PLAY A GAME THAT MAKES NO SENSE AND THEY CANNOT WIN AT ALL EVER.:clover:

If all you are interested in is how much he's lost, then currency is perhaps your only way of gauging someones success.

If people are suffering from addiction then they need to wake up !

For me it's simple, get in for a couple of hours, use what ever you have at your disposal in your noggin to initiate a position, if you still have a shirt at the end of a session, happy days, no shirt, come back tomorrow.

What I literally cannot get my head around is guys who know half the craic spending all day every day glued to monitors & getting nowhere.

Best advice I ever had from my guys was the 2 to 3 hour window, liberating !

At least if I'm 10 years down the track one day living under a bridge, cos I lost my head & it went wonky, I can look back (out of my cardboard box) & know I didn't devote my life to it.

The guy in the box next to me will probably still be trading off his phone ;)

Presumptions lead to wars.
If you had read the thread you would know exactly how much I have lost.
Denial would be not keeping count.

well its good that you keep count.
just dont waste your life thinking that you can beat this thing-
lots of people lie to look good.
i also played poker on the internet and gave up-with friends i always win as i can read em but the net is difficult.i traded for about 5yrs and amazingly made a little but i realised that its a life sucker and causes stress.it was a good learning curve though .i will have a good look at your thread but i just wanted to bring some reality here.however i think you understand.ill give it a read

i also played poker on the internet and gave up-with friends i always win as i can read em but the net is difficult.i traded for about 5yrs and amazingly made a little but i realised that its a life sucker and causes stress.it was a good learning curve though .i will have a good look at your thread but i just wanted to bring some reality here.however i think you understand.ill give it a read

That's what the game is about.keeping score.sport.

Thats your perception of reality based on your experience of things IP. Not everybody lies.

so after 4 years,only now am i beginning to settle down and not feel like i am under constant attack by the markets.now i look to take the fight to them.i now also know to cut losses,still hate them with an extreme prejudice but not blinded by anger and im becoming more accepting of them.
and something else ive come across- traders(probably losing traders) and educators(who probably cant trade) with something to sell who say trading is not about the money.hmmmm wot the f is it about then!!! i dont put myself through the ringer to attain some halo i want the freaking dough to be able to have the choices that money brings.if the only thing that was at the end of this path was some sort of enlightenment or a halo i wouldnt be on it and probably no other trader too.
but if thats what consoles you and it isnt about the money and your not making any money then great job you are achieving what you set out to do.
have a good weekend all.

IS THERE ANYONE JUST A LITTLE INSPIRING ON HERE

come across many beginners to trading here and eslwhere,bright eyed and bushy tailed with dreams of riches,starting threads and then fizzling out.which is fair enough,but the gaul of some to start subscription services!
and others having been around 10-15 years and still seemingly as dumb as the newbies,still looking for a consistent strategy.if you havent developed your own by now,seriously,quit now.
or perhaps im being naive.ive been looking at trading seriously now since around the end of 2010,so my 4th year and now feel i can actually beat the market and should be consistently profitable.
i lost about -660 points upto around march this year.but since have clawed it back to -56.so a comeback is on its way.and the -660 was a result of big blow outs,not cutting losses and adding.which ive since do less of.
back to trading without trading until tomorrow

i have a credit account of £500 which i top up or withdraw from.this time around i was playing at £1pp(luckily)

If you're looking at another 8 yrs, 14 altogether, wouldn't it be wise to put together a trading plan?

6yrs in and I think I've accumulated all the bullcrap I've thought I might need.now to chip away all that bullcrap and find and polish that turd that hides inside!

i think i owe you an apology.i misread the tone of your sage advice.

yes ive mentioned it here before.
to recap for you, about £17k over 6yrs.
i see that as the cost of doing business.
those that have made it to some extent and now have 10-15yrs experience were too told they wouldnt make it after 5-6-7 yrs of trying.

NO! FOMO- fear of missing out

I'll give you the biggest piece of advice I know to be a fact mate : if you are actually legit & not some fantasist, stop fkin trading & get a fkin grip !

.........end of advice !

That's got to be the $hittest advice ever.surely you mean I should give up if I'm a fantasist and not if I'm legit.
So stop giving out $hit advice.......end of advice!

Errrr, no mate, you are literally worrying me now, so read very carefully >>> if you are actually legit (I'll expand, cos you are using your own money) stop trading !

Take this however way you like.

You get it or not, your money mate.

Yes mate.my money and I'm going to turn it into mo money.

From your recent experience it seems that when you are wrong you are very wrong (sometimes before it luckily comes right) and can't resist digging yourself further into the hole.

So try this:

1. Sort out your intended trade.
2. Put your stoploss order in FIRST
3. Don't make the trade but leave the order in.
4. If it triggers go with until you have a positive reason to close.
5. Recognise that any addition you might have made before that close point had you actually taken the intended trade could not be justified.

Hi aag100, I've just started reading your thread. Do you think you might have some sort of gambling addiction? Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not preaching or even offering advice but it sounds like you have a very unhealthy relationship with trading at the moment.

au contraire darktone,my mind is what keeps me in the game

It certainly is an addiction.
To beat other addictions you have to reduce your exposure to it or go cold turkey.to win at this addiction you have to keep returning to it.
I recently heard of a distant relative with a drug problem who they tried to make go cold turkey.long story short he became suicidal.
..... where was I going with this...I'll come back to it

Trading demo doesn't feed a gambling addiction though!

i multi quoted these

Being profitable is one thing , making a decent living from trading constantly is a whole different issue . Anyone and his dog can be profitable .

I only ask because there is a traders beer meet up at the new moon pub this coming Thursday eve in Leadenhall market. I'll be there with f2calv (& Darktone ;))

It may do you some good to meet up with people in your own area if you are too far away for this Thursdays beers (perhaps on something like meetup.com)

For me it was a great thing to do, if you haven't already I'd say it may be good for you to do.