Remapping NFPR

that was some insane price movements in the Bund and EuroFX futures in the seconds before numbers, and in the minutes after - awesome!!

yep - there were signs of upwards continuation in eurofx a good 5min before - 7.23 cst.

i usually wait for the market to settle before taking a smaller but safer trade on nfp day, but these pre-release moves are happening so frequently that next month i will be there looking for the whole move. of course - the cycle will change by that time and it will be a fake!

ive never noticed these adp releases on wednesdays before - are they new?

Spot the difference

strangely similar...

Attachments

• both.GIF
    both.GIF
    9.1 KB · Views: 243
sccz97 said:
I don't see what you're talking about .. the move before the figures were officially released?
It was just a random thing I noticed when I looked at the EOD... Both the run up and small pull back before heading north, and the virtual spitting image of both days. I wasn't trading so didn't actually watch the move and didn't realise the figures had come out prior again.

Not meant to be earth shatteringly important, just a casual observation...

Will we see a leak of the news and it start moving pre 1:30 again?

sure was and i woz readt for it!

bought at 834 before the release, sold at 914 for a noice round 80 ticks and a tidy $1000 per lot. :)

you gotta love this easy money.

thats me doe for the day.......(all 10 mins of it)

**** me CharlieChan, $1000 per lot, sheesh, I wish!!!

Still very happy though with my meagre £20 per lot!

100% agree though... much better than sitting in an office 9-5!

what are you trading? im doing eurofx (6e)

100 tick moves are not uncommon on nfp here. £12.5 a tick. sweet as.

spot cable mate

I expected the size of the move, just wish I had your capital!

kind of odd though. i set a target, where as i usually trail on strong moves like this. given the stats though, probability shows that 80-90 is about right.

there are times you need to ditch the plan, and trade according to what you know.

with hindsight, i should have only sold half, and tried to hold on to a few for a while. its still looking strong - so i guess there could be more drift upwards like the gdp the other week.

looks like it has plenty more steam in it but I'm out... I'm happy and I'm not doing this to spend all my time staring at screens!

Beer to be drunk somewhere!

Still made more in a day than most jobs in 6 months

wasp said:
spot cable mate

I expected the size of the move, just wish I had your capital!

i see - so i guess you have configured your pip size?

the capital comes with time and patience for the right moves. i dont have that much anyway! i just tend to keep as little as i can in the account.

best to start small anyway until you are sure you can pull the money down. i laugh at all these people blowing up $50k accounts when they start. why didnt they just start with 5k. if you cant make money with a 1 or 2 lot, you sure aint gunna do it with a 50 lot!

i guess you know that though :)

wasp said:
..... I'm happy and I'm not doing this to spend all my time staring at screens!

Beer to be drunk somewhere!

words of wisdom! couldnt agree more. dont know about the beer though - had a skinfull of timmy taylors & harveys sussex last night :)

charliechan said:
i see - so i guess you have configured your pip size?

the capital comes with time and patience for the right moves. i dont have that much anyway! i just tend to keep as little as i can in the account.

best to start small anyway until you are sure you can pull the money down. i laugh at all these people blowing up $50k accounts when they start. why didnt they just start with 5k. if you cant make money with a 1 or 2 lot, you sure aint gunna do it with a 50 lot!

i guess you know that though :)

exactly, 1 lot or 100, you can do it or you can't! Why bother starting so big....

Besides, its much more rewarding to start with a few K and build it up to 50K than the other way round......... Time and patience and $1000 lots will be mine :devilish: