Redbrick Capital

bar.tiddu

I also was lured into buying dodgy shares from a cold-caller and have been approached (by phone) by Redbrick Capitalcorp of Austin Texas with an offer of buying the shares from me . I am being asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement form first. Does anyone know anything about this company or has experienced a similar approach.

Bar

You're being setup to be scammed again.

The people calling you are the same conmen that stole your money in the first place.

The scam will work like this - you'll be told that you can make a fortune off your shares because some big shot or Hedge Fund wants to make a bid.

That's the hook to get you interested.

However, in order to make the profit, the easy money so to speak you;ll be asked to put up some more cash, possibly in escrow as a deposit or maybe you'll have to buy some other shares.

So whatever the case if you pay money to them it will again be stolen from you.

Please learn from your first mistake and never b uy anything from people that cold call.

These scammers are good but if you use common sense and understand the above you'll be fine.

And if you want to mess them around go along with what they say and get their bank account details then PM me or post them here and we'll try to get the account frozen. And don't worry iof they threaten you for not paying, saying they'll take you to court, it's all bluster and conmen don't take people to court as they might be arrested themselves!

Good luck, be careful and remember you're not on their phone lists and so will be called again over the years because they want to steal from you.......

Yes they can and they're also experts at bringing the natural greed that all of us have within us.

In future ask any questions here re potential scams and we'll all give you an honest answer.

Red Brick Corp SCAM

I have been contacted by Red Brick corp Austin Texas,who are linked with Pacific Transfer and Trust Vancouver Canada. The offices on their Websites do exist,however, they don't.
A very good friend of mine has just parted with $1000 for share verification that was needed by Pacific Transfer & Trust. I was wary and checked them out but too late for my friend.
I have spoken to Texas Attorney General who put me in touch with the FBI who are going to have a look at this case.

Anyone with information or who has been ripped off should fill in the complaint on line form as the more complaints they have the greater chance of having the FBI track these people down.

The web site is : Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home Hope this gets posted on Google as the more people see this the better.

Peter

I have been contacted by Red Brick corp Austin Texas,who are linked with Pacific Transfer and Trust Vancouver Canada. The offices on their Websites do exist,however, they don't.
A very good friend of mine has just parted with $1000 for share verification that was needed by Pacific Transfer & Trust. I was wary and checked them out but too late for my friend.
I have spoken to Texas Attorney General who put me in touch with the FBI who are going to have a look at this case.

Anyone with information or who has been ripped off should fill in the complaint on line form as the more complaints they have the greater chance of having the FBI track these people down.

The web site is : Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home Hope this gets posted on Google as the more people see this the better.

Peter

Peter thanks for this. I am currently helping my Father-In-Law here in th UK with these 'Companies' as I suspected a scam. I checked whois.net to see who owns the domain names for the companies websites and surprise!... both Red Brick Corp and Pacific Transfer and Trust were registered by the same individual (Alan Smith)on the same date (25/06/09) and both the IP addressess are operated in Paris.

I am currently 'toying' with them via email by asking some awkward questions befo I tell them where to go.

We have just been asked by Pacific Transfer and Trust to obtain a 'Legal Opinion for the Saleability' of some Royal Petroleum shares which the claim must come from a 'SEC approved Attorney.....which, of course, they can arrange for the discounted price of £1,000..nice try:clap:

Hope this helps anyone else being contacted but I suspect they just repeat the process creating new comapny names when the scam is revealed

Address and account number? :
Pacific Business Transfer
701 West Georgia Street
Suite1500
Vancouver BC Canada

a/c no 964005236868. This is where my friend sent his money,not sure if this is any help.

Regards
Peter

More on Redbrickcapital

I too was approached by Redbrick Capital Corporation offering me a 'too good to be true' valuation on some dodgy shares I bought about 3 years ago. This happened to me about 18 months ago when I was contacted by a company in Delaware. After much probing I contacted a company at the same address in Delaware who confirmed that the office suite on their letterhead did not exist. At that time I contacted someone in the Security Agency who said they would take action. I didn't hear any more.

To get back to Redbrick, they have sent me a Non Disclosure agreement yesterday. I am just wondering what to do next to expose yet another scam.

Perhaps a combined effort might have some effect and reward us with some satisfaction
Geoff:mad:

Peter

Nice to see you know how to research these 'companies' properly.

Others please take not, it takes less than 30 mins, if not 10 mins to spot their scams. The age of the domains is such a clue, ie when were they first registered. If less than 1 year then 99% scam, if less than 2 years then 98% scam.

Mind you, I know the filthy thieving scum read these posts so no doubt they're already registering domains today for use in a few years. Yeah, nice trick, trouble is we'll still be educating people how to spot your games as we've got lots of other simple tricks to use.

And for any scammers that are reading this post I have a question for you? How does it feel to live your life with the threat of THAT knock at your door? Must be nasty to live like that..........

Geoff

If it was me I'd play them, say you're going to invest and get hold of the bank details, then call the bank up and tell them the account is being used for money-laundering purposes (speak to the bank's compliance department).

Also, send an email to 'Operation Archway' which is the Police department looking into the scammers, send them the bank account details etc.

Good luck and as I've always said the banks are the weak link in all these scams as without accounts the low life thieves can't operate.

Then in a few days tell them that when you contacted your bank to send the money they refused as they suspected fraud (and you only have 1 bank account so they can't ask you to use another one). If they balk then give them the banks name and tell them to speak with a Peter Frank from the fraud department to sort it out.

If they threaten to sue then say fine, there's little you can do if they want to take this course of action. But of course they won't sue because we all know they're scammers.

Good luck playing with them.

**** scammers from us an can with hiring from these companies we bought shares in

:devilish:
I also was lured into buying dodgy shares from a cold-caller and have been approached (by phone) by Redbrick Capitalcorp of Austin Texas with an offer of buying the shares from me . I am being asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement form first. Does anyone know anything about this company or has experienced a similar approach.

Hi JDG
I had exactly the same contact from a person who said he was acting on behalf of Redbrick Capitalcorp. I contacted the Texas investment security Agency. The company was unknown to them and were not registered as required by law. (see The Texas State Securities Board and the Texas Investor).
I emailed the company and said thsat before I was prepared to sign their non-disclosure aggrement, I needed references from other clients and from their bankers. I never received a relply.
I would suggest that they are operating a scam. If you proceed with them, they will ask for a substantial sum of money which they say is required to release your shares before they can pay you a 'too good to be true' value for your shares. If you pay up front, I doubt that you will hear from them again. It might be a good idea to contact the Texas investment security Agency in Austin. If they get several enquiries, they may take action against whoever is behind this scam
Cheers
Geoff

Red brick capital corp

Thank you all for this information about Red brick. After buying dodgy shares from Geondina in 2007, I was very happy to receive a phone call from Red brick offering to buy my shares for US$60 000.00 - finally, I will get my £3 000 back (I thought). There really are evil people out there. Now I know they are as dodgy as the shares. Luckily, I am wiser and decided to do some investigating first. But, oh the disappointment!

Fayth
It is indeed a big dissapointment when someone builds up your hopes of a recovery from a dodgy deal.
I bought my dodgy shares from a company based in Barcelona. Redbrick was not the first scam. About 12 months ago I had a similar call from a company in Delaware. Following persistant searches, I persuaded the local US government security agency to visit the address. The building and the office suite existed, but the occupiers were medical researchers. I reportd the scam to the Londopn Met. Police who have a unit whose job it is to seek out 'boiler room' scams.
It is likely that it will happen again, but next time you will be ready for the scammers.
The lesson to learn from all this is to NEVER enter ninto a deal from a cold telephone call.
Regards
Geoff:innocent:

Red Brick

My son in law has been taken in by these people and after alot of searching I have found this forum,it has been going on for a couple of years initially by buying the so called shares and now over the last couple of months the various conversations persuading him to handover more money.The final straw was 10 days ago when they again tried to get more out of him £15k saying the share money couldn't be sent without paying us taxes but he needed to send them more money to get it sorted with the authorities, I got involved at that point and no today managed to find something after hours of searching. Not good

I’ve had a couple of dodge calls recently from an American broker. I think they are just boilers room pushing Shi**y stock but even knowing that its Sooo hard not to get drawn in by the pitch. (n)

Red Brick

Save your comments friends. Red Brick is a total scam, as is Pacific Transfer Trust.
My concern is that you are all contributing comments, and the scammer is probably reading it all with great glee. Who knows, perhaps one of the contributors is actually the scammer. Sorry folks, I have lost out to this scam also