Recommended Broker for FTSE 100 Futures??

nodd1e

Hello, I have been trading the FTSE 100 via spreadbetting on IG for some time now. I would like to move to trade the actual futures but am having trouble finding a broker and trading platform. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Would very much appreciate any suggestions or suggested websites.

Many thanks in anticipation

Graham

Why not Interactive Brokers UK? Or one of their IBs like Captrader, Lynx or many others? Or you might try Saxobank.

Using an american broker for trading european futures will not allow you to hedge your position via options.

Kind regards

Many thanks Hittfeld I will look into those - IB seems like an interesting option
cheers

Why not Interactive Brokers UK? Or one of their IBs like Captrader, Lynx or many others? Or you might try Saxobank.

Using an american broker for trading european futures will not allow you to hedge your position via options.

Kind regards

Hello, I have been trading the FTSE 100 via spreadbetting on IG for some time now. I would like to move to trade the actual futures but am having trouble finding a broker and trading platform. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Would very much appreciate any suggestions or suggested websites.

Many thanks in anticipation

Graham

Berkeley Futures – not used myself, but know people who do.

IB have the lower spreads. An important point one feels.

not sure I follow you. As he is trading futures the spread is the same no matter what the broker. They do offer an excellent range of CFD's (synthetic on indices). I do like IB though especially the fact they have an office in London and good financial standing. The downside with IB is their TWS platform, yet to meet anyone who likes it. There are other options though using their API so it's no biggie. I also like Advantage Futures and they have the added bonus off occasional free drinks in London. GL

Yeh the actual future will have the same spread where ever you go.

I trade in the futures sometimes to hedge my options, speak to Andy B at Berkeley, he helps me out from time to time.