Recommend a book

hardrlz

10 0
Hello guys , i am 20 year old university student and i have some experience in forex, mostly demo accounts and technical analysis. However i decided that if i want to become a trader i need to narrow my focus on one direction and learn as much as possible about it.

Thats why i started reading about options trading and particularly i am interested in index options trading. I have studied some economics in the university, but only general terms and mostly things that can not be applied that much on the option markets.

Can someone recommend me a good book on applied macroeconomics, fundamental index analysis or a book that i will find useful in learning how to predict index movements. Thank you in advance

timsk

Legendary member
7,605 2,378
Can someone recommend me a good book on applied macroeconomics, fundamental index analysis or a book that i will find useful in learning how to predict index movements. Thank you in advance
Hi hardrlz,
Welcome to T2W. I rather doubt there is such a book and, if there is one, it'll become an overnight international bestseller (assuming it works)!
:LOL:

For most traders, (I won't say all), it's a game based around probability rather than prediction. They take a view that price of an instrument is more likely to go up / down / sideways than it is to go in the other two directions and formulate a strategy to profit from such a move if they're right - and keep their losses to a minimum if they're wrong. Very, very few traders can say with any degree of confidence where price of an instrument will go at any one time; that's best left to the Nostradamus' of this world.

As for books, take a look at this FAQ: Which Books should a Beginner Read?
Tim.

hardrlz

10 0
Thanks for the link :) now i saw that in the section review there are some book propositions for each area which i think is very useful so i will research some of the books under the "Economics" label and try to find what would suit my needs. Thanks again and sorry that i made a thread when i just had to research this site better :)

timsk

Legendary member
7,605 2,378
Thanks again and sorry that i made a thread when i just had to research this site better :)
No worries hardrlz - and note the book by Natenburg on options (under 'General' in post #2 of the FAQ).
Tim.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock