MSc Graduate in Applied Economics and Financial Economics (2.1)

Deepakwalia

Hi guys I am at an crossroads and in desperate need for guidance. I am a 26 year old male with MSc in Applied Economics and Financial Economics from The University of Nottingham currently undertaking an A level in mathematics given I did not take the traditional route into university as highlighted below.

Here are my qualifications

(2005) Access to Business Studies - Distinction
(2005-08)BA Economics and Finance - Nottingham Trent University - upper 2.1
(2009) Msc Economics and Financial Economics - University of Nottingham - 2.1

Dissertation researched seasonal pricing anomolies in equity markets and thesis researched pricing efficiency in futures markets.

Prior to commencing full time education I was a full time amateur boxer having represented The Midlands and the Welsh squad.

I have some customer facing sales experience and I am currently volunteering for the mental intative whilst participating in youth reheballation program in addition to the maths A level in order to keep myself occupied.

I have been unable to land an internship or a job so far and contemplating doing another Msc at Warwick in Finance or at ICMA reading in Msc Investment Management. Like many people on this forum I am motivated by money, however I can't help wonder if the money would be well spent doing the IMC, CFA or the SSI certificates. I am interested in trading, particularly futures or forex. Would a Msc from top 5 i.e. Warwick or ICMA help improve employment prospects ?