Really need help with portfolio trade monitoring/valuation software

wodnik

I posted this message originally two weeks ago, but unfortunately had no replies. I am now pretty desperate :( :( :( so I am posting this again, hoping that one of you might be able to help me...please...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am trying to establish a documented track record of running a portfolio of European smaller companies using a long/short strategy and am therefore desperately in need of a simple, but effective portfolio management (i.e. trade entry, valuation/P&L, corporate actions) software package, preferrably free (as I am currently not working!), or at least quite cheap. Could you maybe kindly suggest anything that might fit the description (and the pocket?) I launched the portfolio on 19th April this year, and have so far been keeping records manually in Excel, but due to the number of portfolio changes, this has become unmanageable and unweildly. I will have to reinput the portfolio (to get a documented track record), so some kind of easy price upload function would be fantastic. I have a friend who has access to Bloomberg, so in the worst case scenario, I can download historic data into an Excel table and save as a csv file or some other compatible format for upload into the portfolio management package. It is critical for me however that the package can handle shorts and obviously be multi-currency since I cover the whole of Continental Europe. Your help is VERY MUCH appreciated! :D

FManager