Real time and historic charts

Jerry Medved

184 1
kevin, the live intraday charts are max 5 days. The historical charts can be set to an intraday time period from 1 to 20 days. Not sure what you mean by "rather unreliable". They work just fine.

kevin546

Established member
699 0
Just to add something a contact directed me to this

http://www.dailyfx.com/FinanceChart.html

They offer free real time charting of the Forex with a number of indicators.

Jerry

I used Quotetracker just over 2 years ago and found them unreliable, would lose service to frequently. Maybe things have improved. I think this was the service where you selected a data provider and they created the charts from this data. I had 2 different sources for real time prices in the UK and each time I lost connection the sites were still running ok so the problem appeared to be at quotetracker end. Maybe I was wrong but I took the opinion what could I expect from doing it on the cheap.

kevin546

Established member
699 0
Paul

Regarding the esignal charts I posted I am told they can be re-sized as you suggest and they do provide an automatic extending trendline which I found a great tool when using Sierra charts. Obviously esignal can do a alot more than I require but from the charts I posted they appear to be in 2 distinct style's. The first are not very sharp yet that 15 min chart with the black background the lower indicators are just right. I am also told they no longer have FTSE cash values so if I go down that path would need the LIFFE exchange and they always sting you compared to the US prices.

Still got to have a look at Updata but esignal do appear to have a good track record.

eSignal Support

41 0
kevin546 said:
Paul

I am also told they no longer have FTSE cash values so if I go down that path would need the LIFFE exchange and they always sting you compared to the US prices.

Hi Kevin546,

To clarify, we still carry FTSE Index Values and have no plans to discontinue carrying them. Here's a link to all the exchanges we cover and their associated fees.

In terms of the charts posted earlier in this thread, I think you'd find eSignal very customizable for your purposes. You can alter the fonts and colors and adjust the various windows and panes in a myriad of ways. Might want to just take our risk-free 30 day trial and see for yourself.

Thanks.

kevin546

Established member
699 0
esignal

I mentioned the values following the information I was given by one of your customers but I did note you still had it displayed on your exchange prices.

I probably will go for your trial but will wait for the optimum time with work etc. I had taken the view when comparing the charts particulary the 15 min one that it may have something to do with settings. You will be getting a call from me in the future.

Kevin

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock