Re-Login Requests

TheBramble

Legendary member
I've been asked 5 times (so far) this morning to re-login to t2w when trying to reply or make a new post (including this one!).

I've not made any changes to account or cookies or internet settings.

Anyone else having these problems or should I take it personally?

This also appears

This screen also pops up at regular intervals.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 432
TheBramble said:
I've been asked 5 times (so far) this morning to re-login to t2w when trying to reply or make a new post (including this one!).

I've not made any changes to account or cookies or internet settings.

Anyone else having these problems or should I take it personally?

Do you have to re-login for every reply/new thread? Or does it seem random?
Have you noticed any other pages that cause this problem?

I'd also like to know the following:
  • Web browser and version
  • OS
  • ISP

Sounds like a cookie problem.
Could also be related to the recent IE Download.Ject malware/exploit. If you are using IE, please make sure you are up to date with patches etc.

It could also be related to any web proxies sitting between you and www.trade2win.com. Some ISPs have transparent web proxies, which means that you don't have to set anything up in the web browser - you are proxied regardless of your web browser connection settings.

This isn't independent and simultaneous Cookie problems on members machines. It's a t2w problem.

It's random. It happens a lot. It's never happened (to me) before.

None of my machines configs have changed.

I've tried it on 4 of my machines. They are all experiencing the same sets of problems - not just the re-login problem.

I'm using IE6 with latest service packs - have been for ages.

Using XP Pro - have been for ages.

Eclipse Broadband - have been for ages.

Repeat - NOTHING Has changed this end!

LevII said:
Me too.

Thought I was about to be banned.

LII
Its got me now as well.

Nothing changed my end.

Definately a web server / back end database issue.

JonnyT

Yes it's the server- Sharky mentioned something about it a while ago, something to do with too many peeps logging on at the same time? I get it from time to time.....

But we're currently running (AFAIAA) on a standalone server to see if this cures problems AND there numbers online when this happens is not above normal AND I've used t2w at all sorts of times and NEVER experienced this problem before.

I don't believe it's capacity. There have been too many other problems this week-end which are not capacity related.

I don't think that it's a capacity problem either.
I sometimes log on at just after four in the morning
Not too many peep's about at that time and I still get it happening.

Also, got two email notifications to say others had replied to my postings.
One was almost 2 weeks late, the other about one week late!
What's going on.
Obviously problems somewhere!

Badd.

Last edited:
We've identified the source of relogin problem, and in fact it was to do with our recent update on Friday night. It was a similar problem to the one we had before, where we were hitting our 15 cookie limit for the site and cookies were thus being deleted to ensure no more than 15 cookies were present. Where were all these cookies coming from? Each advert was setting a cookie recording when you last saw the advert (the idea being that it's possible for us to then not show that advert for x minutes), anyway this isn't necessary and we've turned off this feature so no cookies are created for ads, and therefore the site shouldn't reach it's 15 cookie limit and remove any cookies (such as the ones that keep you logged in!). Because cookies are persistent, then don't get removed when you close your browser, you may wish to clear out all your cookies, close your browser and repon it to make sure that the ad cookies no longer exist.

Great Job Sharky.
Hope it is OK now - it was doing my nut in!
Do you have any ideas about the email notification problem that I have been encountering on the logged in page.See my last posting for description of problem.
Badd Boi