Re: £400 a day ftse trading

Also what about gftuk.com? Does anyone have any experience of these? They offer the same 24hr spread as finspreads on FTSE 100.

Cheers,
Lyall

How is the system performing now that you have been trading it for a few weeks?

Steve.

What unwritten law says you can only bet 80p per pip with a £1000 bank ? (comment posted earlier inn thread)

I have been betting 1% of my bank for years and it's served me well.

The problem with experienced traders is many think that their ways and rules
apply to everyone and this is not the case. We all have different ways and
methods and ideas so no one rule or bunch of rules can possibly apply to
everyone.

I find that many traders are instantly opposed to system sellers and this
is because they just do not understand the business side of it.

If you have a successful system then why shouldn't you choose to sell it ?

If by selling the system it does not affect your profits then you can make
a hell of alot of money selling your knowledge. Afterall this is what many
experts in their field do, they run seminars teaching others how to achieve
success.

The reason they do this is quite simple, they earn a very good days pay by
charging a few hundred upwards per head to stand in front of 20 students and
teach them how to do whatever they do.

System sellers are exactly the same, they realise that they can make even
more money by selling what they know. And are we not in trading to make as
cash as we can ?

It's a good business decision as long as what you're selling works.

Buying a product with guarantees on Ebay is quite secure, far more than
buying from a website (unless it's Clickbank which is also very secure for a buyer).

Advice on buying from Ebay :

Check the feedback for the particular product. Whilst feedback can be
flawed due to each member wanting good feedback to be recipricated it does
give an indication of whether or not the product is good or bad.

Check if Paypal is a payment method and use it. Paypal looks after the
buyer more than the seller and if the guarantee is not honoured then they
will refund you. (pretty much the same as Clickbank do).

Email a few of the previous buyers and ask them for their honest opinion.
More often than not even when they have left positive feedback they may tell
you different when you email them.

There was a comment made in this thread mentioning the volume of sales for
this item over a given period. I've looked at this listing and he has sold
a hell of alot given the value. Any gaps may be because he didn't re-list
the item immediately after the listing ended.
So this doesn't look suspicious to me at all, selling 8 or 10 in a week is
£776-£970 so dam good money in my book. Remember he has done very little
to bring in this income.

Having said that I would not want the hassle, to train a newbie would be
bloody hard work, Ebay can be more hassle than it's worth.

You have to understand that if his system works and people are happy with it
then why on earth he shouldn't sell it?

It is beyond me why people slag him off for it.

Now if he is receiving negative feedback then people wouldn't buy it as
simple as that, especially with a £97 price tag as this is quite expensive
information on Ebay. People have a choice and people seem to be buying it
and leaving good feedback.

So maybe, just maybe, the guy is selling something that is worth the money
he is asking. Anyone thought that this is a possibilty ?

Incidently, the claims of £1000 per week etc etc are just made for sales copy.

Sales copy is what sells an information product, if it said something like
'start by making £20 per week and build up your bank. In 12 months you will
be making £100 per week....' then very few would buy it.

Once someone buys a product and they try it and it just makes a profit then
they are more likely to keep it as they have not lost money.

I do not believe he has used 'friends' to leave feedback, if you look at
the buyers they are nearly all long time members of Ebay. Anyone would be
pushed to know that many Ebayers.

The negativity in this thread about this or any system seems very unfair.

I wouldn't dream of slagging something off that I haven't tried or at the
very least I would listen to someone who's tried it and then make a judgement.

Already someone has said that it is good value and it is working for him/her.

Yet most have slagged it off as they prefer to go with the old saying 'if it's
too good to be true then it probably is...' kind of line.

Mind you going with this line is safe isn't it as most systems do
fail eventually.

How about we wait and see if someone else buys it and then make a judgement ?

Naaa, maybe not, if someone else says it works then they would probably be
accused of being the guys friend or his mother ! lol

Anyone ever thought that maybe you don't have to play this game for years,
and give 'blood sweat and tears' and lose more than you win and all the other
'I've worked so hard to get where I am today...' kind of thing.

Maybe 'the silence is deafening' is because the only one who's bought and tried
it is fed up with everyone slagging it off when they haven't even tried it !

Or maybe he's quietly earning himself some easy cash and can't be bothered to
defend himself.

Come on guys at least give an opinon based on feedback from someone
who's tried it and not what you think it might be.

Maybe one day someone will find a good, simple system that works for a beginner.

And when they do (this one might be the one who knows) then we should embrace it
not slag it off just because we didn't have the opportunity.

Remember, the possibilities are endless.

Be happy

Cofton

Having said that I would not want the hassle, to train a newbie would be bloody hard work, Ebay can be more hassle than it's worth.

yet one of his feedback is this "very poor system,aimed at newbies,would not refund monies when requested Vpoor". Both agreed to mutually withdraw the feedback, bet the buyer got his moneyz back. Says it all.

Last edited:
Cofton - I have to disagree with you. If I found a system (like the one advertised) which really could make £400 a shot (in the hands of a newbie) then I certainly would not be selling it. With the power of compounding you would make your personal fortune within a year or so. I'd personally be trading it and staying very quiet.

Steve.

aquamarina 'bet buyer got his money back. Says it all'

No it doesn't say it all really. I still sell on Ebay and have been a Powerseller (not selling systems by the way ;-)) so I know what I'm talking about and the problem with Ebay is that there are some people that just want something for nothing and will play their face until they get a refund whatever.

If you had cared to have read the feedback you will notice that the buyer left negative feedback straight after purchase so obviously hadn't even tried the system !
This is the problem with Ebay, that buyer now get's his money back and keeps the system. Very unfair on a seller.
Also, how can you make a judgement about something just based on 1 or 2 negative feedbacks ?

So, if 100 people like a product and 2 do not like it, does this mean that it is a bad product ?
Of course not.

But at the end of the day if you have made your mind up not to like a system/product then it doesn't matter how many people tell you it's good you will never consider it. This is the worse kind of prejudice in my opinion. Judgement should be made on majority not minority.

stevespray - I understand what you're saying but firstly I don't think a newbie would be able to immediately make 400 per day. This is of course unless he had a large bank and was prepared to use it in which case he probably wouldn't be looking for a money making idea.
You would have to be betting considerably more than £1 per pip to make 400 per day so I doubt a newbie would do this straight away. But the sales copy suggests you could build up a bank to achieve this and with the power of compounding it wouldn't take too long to do.

I would probably be the same as you and keep quiet about such a system and then make my money on my own. But some people, especially business people, think differently. They see the bigger picture and value their free time more than just money.

Now if a successful businessman could earn 500 per day but had to sit at the pc all day when he would rather be down the pub or playing golf or gardening then I don't think he would be happy.
But if he could sell his idea/system and just spend half a day at the pc and the still make a few hundred quid selling the system he uses then he is happier. In fact if it does indeed work everyone is happy.
For many successful people time and freedom is more important than the bank balance.

Ebay is the quickest and cheapest way to target a large audience but they have to take the gamble of sh*tty feedback and then lose orders from naive people who don't understand how it works and then judge a product on the minority rather than the majority.

I just wish people would have the view that not all system sellers are bad and not all the systems are bad. There are some honest people around that try to do the right thing.

Don't get me wrong, if this particular system had received nearly all negative feedback then I would be of the view that it was not as described. But the fact that he's still selling the system and the fact that most feedbacks are indeed positive then this would suggest that it may be a useful and maybe profitable system. Time will tell the buyers in the long term.

Believe me, if this guys system was not what he says it is then he would have had several negative feedbacks and he would not still be selling it.

Be happy

Cofton

So, if 100 people like a product and 2 do not like it, does this mean that it is a bad product ? .... Also, how can you make a judgement about something just based on 1 or 2 negative feedbacks ?

Well, I also tend to know how feedback works. You leave a bad one, you get a bad one from seller. It usually does work this way, and ebay are trying their hardest to overcome this problem. Hence, no matter how many buyers left positive feedback, you never know truly who is REALLY pleased with the product. They're leaving positive so as to make their life easier and not get themselves the negative one. I, for one, do it. Not all the time, I do neg but I care about my feedback and sometimes just either not leave it or leave a positive one saying it's all good, and whisper to myself "hope to never deal with you again".

If you had cared to have read the feedback you will notice that the buyer left negative feedback straight after purchase so obviously hadn't even tried the system !

well, it will take me whole of 5 mins to backtest the system. Especially if it's a simple one like his/hers. Also, it all comes from experience. I personally trade FTSE so I know what works, what doesn't. Even if I don't I can backtest it fairly easily and can probably leave feedback just as quickly as that buyer.

I am not being judgemental. I just have not seen any person saying "hey guys, guess what? i do make a CONSISTENT profit with this system, and my winning ratio is ...". I guess the only way to test the system is like we test all others. Seller or whoever practising this system posts his/her trades in REAL time, we then analyse it at the end of the day and see whether it does really work. And you know what? If it does, I will buy it and so will other people! We're not being negative, we have been trading ourselves, and learnt it that no system is perfect, and if I had one, I would not share it! And once I'm rich and wealthy I may be willing to share it, but I doubt I will have time to deal with ebay, its buyers etc! There's easier money to be made if you have £1m in a bank than ebaying!

As far as retrospective testing, hey, I can show you how I made 1,000 pips yesterday (e.g. no point in telling me I made this and that and here're the charts, after the event, like the seller does as I understand via emails)

Last edited:
aquamarina (love that name ;-))

You are correct regarding feedback, as I said in my earlier post the best way to get honest
feedback is to email the buyer as then he/she is more likely to give you the truth,
I have done this many times myself.

I don't agree that 'and Ebay are trying their hardest to overcome this problem'

Believe me Ebay do not try their hardest at anything unless it means it makes them more money. And
looking into the flaw in the feedback system will not make them a cent so I think we are stuck with
the flawed system.
Ebay won't even invest in policing their site (they rely on its members to police their site for
them), they make millions per month but will not re-invest in people and software to make it a level
playing field.
It is and always has been one rule for one seller and a different rule for another, it will never
change but that is a different story......

I think it will take more than 5 minutes to backtest any system if you test it properly.

'I personally trade FTSE so I know what works, what doesn't'
Then you must be a very successful trader. I too trade the FTSE and I am still learning and I suspect
that I will keep learning, more so when people bring out new ideas and systems. I find most of us
can learn something from nearly all new systems.

I think most people who buy a system and find it works then they are more inclined not to
tell anyone else. So I don't think the majority would come in the forum and give out details for
you to test when they know it already works.

Also, there was guy in the forum the other day who said that the system works so far for him and all
he got was negativity and sarcastic comments. Needles to say he hasn't been back and who could
blame him, he probably feels why should he, most just refuse to believe in a successful system anyway.

'hey, I can show you how I made 1,000 pips yesterday (e.g. no point in telling me I made this and
that and here're the charts, after the event, like the seller does as I understand via emails)'

I agree but how else can he state his case ? You cannot practically trade real time on your Ebay listing
or on your website, the only way you can 'sell' your item is to show past images and write good
sales copy.
Sending emails after the event does indeed have a great benefit. It teaches students what they should
have done and why and by this they learn the trading rules of the system with a real chart not a
fabricated one.
I have done this myself when I taught a colleague how to trade and it is the next best thing for
teaching the basics to sitting by them by the pc.

I get the distinct impression that many people in this forum treat system sellers as guilty until
proven otherwise. And even then, when a profitable system may be suggested it is still not accepted.

Now I am not a system seller and I am not bothered either way about them
(even though it sounds like I am trying to protect them here) there's room for everyone and we should
embrace new ideas. But I just feel that we should not give someone a hard time just because we are set
in our ways or do not believe there is another way or because we think we know it all.....

Can we not listen and read and investigate without ridicule ?

The possibilities are endless.

Be happy

Cofton

I don't agree that 'and Ebay are trying their hardest to overcome this problem. Believe me Ebay do not try their hardest at anything unless it means it makes them more money. And
looking into the flaw in the feedback system will not make them a cent so I think we are stuck with the flawed system.

Well, Ebay is getting their act together as we speak, albeit taking their time. For one, as of mid May, sellers wont be allowed to leave negative feedback :clap::clap::clap:. We should allow couple of months for this news to catch up with buyers to see if there is change in this seller's feedback. Secondly, ebooks, or systems like this that required Digital Delivery are NO LONGER allowed on ebay, so soon enough, once someone reports this seller or ebay finds the ad, his income will be cut, unfortunate to him and prospective buyers. These are the main 2 applicable to this case. There are many others. This is not the relevant forum to discuss the rest.

Then you must be a very successful trader. I too trade the FTSE and I am still learning and I suspect
that I will keep learning, more so when people bring out new ideas and systems. I find most of us
can learn something from nearly all new systems.

Well, I'm only as successful as the next guy. Good enough to make living. My trades are actively managed, not mechanical which is my current target... I hope to spend less trading and enjoy myself more. I trade solely FTSE and have tried many systems/indicators blah blah. I have (most likely) worked with components of his/her system, and hence would probably have a good gut feel whether it works or not. And with backtesting via my trading platform, it would take me 5 mins to verify my gut feel...

Anyhow, time for dinner. I will try to respond to your other comments later. If I dont forget.

Good evening :sleep:

Last edited:
I don't believe Ebay is 'getting their act together as we speak' at all, in fact they continue not to address the important things because it will cost them money (even thought they continue to make millions in profit). As I said previously they only invest in things that make them more cash and make excuses for the remainder.
I reiterate my last post :
Ebay won't even invest in policing their site (they rely on its members to police their site for
them), they make millions per month but will not re-invest in people and software to make it a level
playing field.
It is and always has been one rule for one seller and a different rule for another, it will never
change but that is a different story......

The reason why Ebay are stopping the negative feedback rule is because they do not have to spend time trying to sort out the problems hence saving them resources and ultimately their money (surprise, surprise). Please don't be fooled into thinking they are doing anyone a favour.
Rather than spend money with corrective action Ebay would rather just get rid of the system altogether, you know the system that they implemented in the first place !

It's the same with electronically delivered products (digital ebooks etc), they were receiving so many emails about delivery or how to open the file that they decided (in their wisdom) that 'oh, this is hard work and it will cost us more money to help our customers so I tell you what, we'll just ban this type of product and we can bank more money....'

Typical 'grew too successful too quickly' company run by poor management. If you can't fix it for free then just get rid of it type of attitude.

The end result is that many sellers will go out of business, people will lose jobs and the paying members will lose another form of useful product and part of a system that has proven succesful for many years.

You're right 'this is not the relevant forum to discuss the rest' but it should be clear that Ebay are not the wonderful company that is perceived in the media. If an investigative TV company for example really went into the way Ebay and Paypal do business and the way their system treats bone fide sellers (and some buyers) then they would immediately expose the many flaws and ignorance of these companies. In the physical world companies just would not get away with it.
Go to PayPalSucks.com is where you will learn about the PayPal Class Action Lawsuit, Abuse, Fraud & evil behind the PayPal system! and be enlightened.

Right, now that's out the way ;-) anyone got any new systems ?

The possibilities are endless.

Be happy

Cofton

ebooks, or systems like this that required Digital Delivery are NO LONGER allowed on ebay,

This is not correct, what eBay have done is insist that they are placed in a different category to where they used to be allowed.

To be honest I think eBay is bad news if you are a seller and I wouldn't use them for anything like this. Their new feedback system for sellers is almost impossible as you get discounts based or DSR but I know of one person who gives free postage on all items and his feedback is still not high enough on this category to get discounts.

Paul

'To be honest I think eBay is bad news if you are a seller and I wouldn't use them for anything like this'

Here, here Trader333. I used to sell a high volume of product on Ebay but the red tape and silly rules and changing their policies almost weekly made me do a rain check. Fortunately I discovered trading and I also sell my products elsewhere, I now just list a few items which I know they will leave me alone with.

Ebay is now only good for low profit, high volume products and for part timers. There are of course many full time sellers but they are working twice as hard for less profits. You only have to look at the Ebay forums to recognise the amount of unhappy sellers mainly due to Ebay alienating the people that gave them much of their success.

I've done both and trading is far more enjoyable and less stressful than selling on Ebay ! And this is from an ex Powerseller !

My advice, if you have a digital product go sell on Clickbank. Yes you will have more refunds but you will be in control. Better still, learn trading lol

Be happy

Cofton

This is not correct, what eBay have done is insist that they are placed in a different category to where they used to be allowed.
l

yeah, as far as I know, correct me if i'm wrong, they'd go to classified, which buyers do not browse through and they cant Buy it Now as it were. They have to contact you to ask you how they can buy it off you, you tell them go to paypal, this is my id blah blah, and they pay you. Hassle. Spur of the moment gone. Buyer has 100 chances to loose that buying frenzy.

Last edited:
Anyone know what the out of hours spreads are like at CMC? I can't seem to find out from their website or documents. Are CMC any good generally? What's the chart update frequency like? Are they reliable/trustworthy? Do they use the same charts (IT-Finance) as the others do like Finspreads and CapitalSpreads?

I had a look at IG Index but I don't think they do out of hours trades which is really what I need (at the moment at least).

Thanks for your help!
Lyall

Hey, the other posts were TFLDNR. :)...

anyways, there's a section on the site which rates a lot of the brokers. CMC have a very low rating at 4.8 (with 62 votees). Some of the latest reviews talk about 'there's 3 desks, 1 too reduce your chances of winning, 1 to copy high % winners, and the others hedge the losers.'

I haven't opened with a spread betting firm yet, as i'm trying to absorb this site like a sponge atm. But, i would probably get sucked in to the good looking platform on the bloomberg adverts lol, (and it's got a headquarter in my city).

good luck on finding a good firm, read the reviews though!

i heard worldspreads is pretty tight.

Lyall!

Long time no word?

Which of the following is applicable to you?
- Retired in Bahamas (or some other exotic place), & trading occasionally - after erm.. "dealing" with
the blonde and brunettes ;-)

- Filing for bankruptcy

- Still slogging it out 9 - 5 & putting in that measly trades when time permits

Eager to hear from you !

Best Luck