RBS knee jerk reversion trade

C

cablemonster

Hi

The news surfaced that Hester was leaving yesterday afternoon. This morning we saw a big knee jerk reaction but is the value of RBS fundamentally changed because of the departure? I reckon price will go right back to its pre announcement level.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-13-12-30-13.png
    Screenshot_2013-06-13-12-30-13.png
    96.8 KB · Views: 323
I agree, although the departure is definitely more evidence of a change in sentiment at RBS. Instead of the priority being around increasing profitability, it looks like RBS is strongly on course to a quick(er) and discounted privatisation. I've been staying away from RBS with a barge pole, although my question has always been around how will the re-privitisation affect the stock price?

Hi mate. Good analysis. It last traded 316 and I would exit at 325 in the couple of days if I had a position on. I day trade FTSE, DOW, euro, pound and eurgbp cross at present. I am very interested though in stocks where knee jerk reactions occur to specific event.

Well looks like price has recovered pretty much to pre-knee jerk levels. I was targeting 325 here but we have only made 324 to date. With FOMC around the corner if I had a position on I would certainly be looking to to close now or move a protective stop just under 320.

Attachments

• RBS.png
    RBS.png
    47 KB · Views: 292