RBS knee jerk reversion trade

C

cablemonster

0 0
Hi

The news surfaced that Hester was leaving yesterday afternoon. This morning we saw a big knee jerk reaction but is the value of RBS fundamentally changed because of the departure? I reckon price will go right back to its pre announcement level.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-13-12-30-13.png
    Screenshot_2013-06-13-12-30-13.png
    96.8 KB · Views: 252

SamIP

10 0
I agree, although the departure is definitely more evidence of a change in sentiment at RBS. Instead of the priority being around increasing profitability, it looks like RBS is strongly on course to a quick(er) and discounted privatisation. I've been staying away from RBS with a barge pole, although my question has always been around how will the re-privitisation affect the stock price?

C

cablemonster

0 0
Hi mate. Good analysis. It last traded 316 and I would exit at 325 in the couple of days if I had a position on. I day trade FTSE, DOW, euro, pound and eurgbp cross at present. I am very interested though in stocks where knee jerk reactions occur to specific event.

C

cablemonster

0 0
Was he not "forced" out?

dunno mate. I just saw the knee jerk sell off after the sky news and looked for technical signatures that the move was over. 300 was obviously a big line in the sand.

C

cablemonster

0 0
Well looks like price has recovered pretty much to pre-knee jerk levels. I was targeting 325 here but we have only made 324 to date. With FOMC around the corner if I had a position on I would certainly be looking to to close now or move a protective stop just under 320.

Attachments

• RBS.png
    RBS.png
    47 KB · Views: 217

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock