Rating the News

lazerradial2003

I've been working on a project to analyse the perceived seriousness of headlines by looking at a combination of peoples gut reactions to them and the speed at which they propogate from standard points of origin (the major financial press) onto social media networks and smaller niche news portals.

The basic framework to allow people to rate the news and view scores is now ready for Beta testing so I'm after people who'd be interested in getting involved. The concept is simple, headlines are shown one by one and a score (+3 to -3) is given depending on whether you think the headline gives good or bad news for companies operating in the UK.

The site is http://www.theweekbynumbers.co.uk (there's no crossover with T2W don't worry!). Let me know your thoughts and if you'd be interested in getting involved in testing.

Ben

Also any developers out there who are interested in this sort of thing please get in touch, backend is currently mainly in Python and frontend PHP/MySQL

Especially some of the propagation analysis stuff throws up some quite interesting challenges programming wise.

Cheers for the sign ups guys, allocation for this round of testing nearly full so will be closing in the next few days. Anyone who has already been approved or gets approved before testing closes will be given full access to the raw data (stripped of anything personally identifiable) through the API once it goes live