Best news feeds?

notouch

What's the best news feed to use? Currently I use AFX that comes free with IG but that seems to be a few seconds slow. The market has already moved significantly by the time the AFX headline is available (e.g. on Friday EUR/USD had already gained about 50 pips before AFX had posted the NFP figure). I suspect retail traders are never going to get the news at the same time as the instititional traders with their Bloomberg terminals but does anyone have recommendations for a really fast news service? I had a 2 week trial of Dow Jones (cost of subscription is £100 a month) and it was quicker than AFX but I was unimpressed by the way they flood the screen with headlines so it's difficult to find the one you really need and also highly unimpressed when they mistakenly reported that the Bank of England had decreased interest rates. Only my incredulity saved me from entering a bad trade. I don't mind paying for extra speed if necessary. Anyway, anyone got suggestions for a really fast and high quality news feed?

try www.ransquawk.com

I also use the DJ service that you mentioned - you can filter it to reduce the number of headlines. As for bad reporting, that will be a problem with all services from time to time I suspect.

Last edited:
Ransquawk are probably the best, but there are also TradeTheNews.com and DJ as you already know.