Questionable prices on IG’s ProRealTime platform?

eurotrader1

Has anybody noticed the discrepancy in the open, high, low, and close prices shown on IG’s ProRealTime platform? After much
questioning IG finally told me they are actually based on the mid-bid/ask price and NOT the actual bid price as the majority of other
trading/charting packages do. Can anybody explain why they would possibly do that? I’m at a loss for anything other than a slight
of hand going on here. They also say at the bottom of their charts that prices are only indicative which hardly instills confidence in
them with me. Would be interested in hearing anyone’s current experience with IG before I consider switching to them.

Has anybody noticed the discrepancy in the open, high, low, and close prices shown on IG’s ProRealTime platform? After much
questioning IG finally told me they are actually based on the mid-bid/ask price and NOT the actual bid price as the majority of other
trading/charting packages do. Can anybody explain why they would possibly do that? I’m at a loss for anything other than a slight
of hand going on here. They also say at the bottom of their charts that prices are only indicative which hardly instills confidence in
them with me. Would be interested in hearing anyone’s current experience with IG before I consider switching to them.

First of all prices are not real, I mean can significantly differ from execution, since they aggregate price data from different LP, and show best price available ( again best for showing :)). It's common problem for fx industry, take it or leave it.

Regarding price averaging well you have to do some tweaks to your trade entries, like installing EA which will subtract half of the spread (in real time) to show current bid price and add same value to the price to display ask. Idk which programming language supports their platform.
Move to IB, Нotforex or Tickmill they are much better option if you trade CFDs

Decided to go with another broker. After long discussion with IG they admitted that they only use mid-price on the ProRealTime platform, for whatever reason they couldn't say, though apparently they use bid price on their web platform. Decided that if they can't be bothered to be consistent with pricing on their platforms then I can't be bothered with them.