Question ??

dflashman

Can somone tell me what the average prices are for live feeds in the home, and the best ones, and does everyone use broadband with it ??

Regards

David

I recommend esignal as I stated earlier and I use Telewest broadband which have delivered a good service for about 8 months(I did experience problems for about 3 weeks but has worked fine since)

Last edited:
Prices from zero to about $260 per month.

Have a look at:

www.advfn.com
www.realtick.com
www.esignal.com
www.dtniq.com (options)
http://finance.lycos.com/home/subs/freelc.asp
www.tenfore.com

There is a low cost US feed, called Iquote IIRC, but I don't have the correct URL.

Note that some direct access trading brokers provide the feeds along with trading software free of charge if you exceed a number of trades each month, e.g.:

www.nobletrading.com

You could check with the feed provider on bandwith recommendations.

No, I don't work for ... ;-)

Barry

Barry,I dont think its a good idea just to subscribe to a data provider just because it is the cheapest,you have to look at quality of service.When I was using esignal they had a few servers as back up,I've watched the prices stop for a few seconds and then the back up systems kick in.
They provide an excellant service.

Last edited:
Yes, having back-up servers helps.

Also important is the quality of the data itself. I understand some of the feed providers filter-out spurious data.

I should have stated that free trials are available on some of the feeds.

Barry

If you liked e-signal you should have a look at infoscreen based on Realtick from www.ird.com . It has much superior charting and costs less than esignal as they don't have limits or restriction to stocks Only. You can mix unlimited futures and stocks and they have Level 2 + all the markets in the world.

I used to use e-signal but switched to this as it is simply a much in-depth + more professional service.

Hope this helps.

I’ve used eSignal ($79/month) for a year via the modem (56k is just manageable) and broadband.

Data feed was good but the charts were terrible.

Recently I changed my daytrading style from scalping (LII & TA) to longer time frame (T&S and TA).

I have chosen Quicken Quotes Live data feed and charting package (without LII) at $34.99/month.

So far so good – good charts (but no Fibs) – good interface.

In very ‘not-user-friendly’ way.

The charts were drawn on the screen in a way that the bars and indicators were far too small to see them well.

In order to see them better you had to select a time segment (say last few hours) by drawing a rectangle on the chart.

But then you were unable to select a time segment and flip from 15 minutes chart to 5 or 1 minute chart.

You had to go through the same process for every time interval – terrible.

The new version of eSignal has got some additional advanced charting with much improved graphical interface. Still a lot of work to be done – but there are getting there (just like british rail ;) ).

Thanks for the info.

I guess most people use the eSignal data feed with 3rd party charting and TA packages.

Barry