Question about orders

Hi options, I see you've currently got two active orders - one covering the other buying two mins later, would have appeared to work this time?

Sharky,
Since the weekend ( the 4:1 share split at Barclays) it has not been possible to call up a BARC quote. I get the 'no such epic' response. Is this fixable soon please?

Just a quick tip, if you hadn't worked it out already....when you make a transaction, press "refresh" on your browser to make sure it's logged....

Aaaargh! I was trying to set a stop order and managed to put in an order to buy NRK with all available funds :)

Oops.

Weezy

Sharky,

Much as I like the idea of my GSK short being covered at 1550p this evening, I think the actual price was a much less generous 1656-1658p at the time of my order (4:29pm). I don't know where 1550 comes from - no such price all day.

Regards,

Hi everyone,

Would have responded sooner, but I'm tied up during the day at the moment, so I can only deal with problems in the evening unfortunately. PP, no idea why that closed at that price, must have been the data feed spiking for whatever reason, anyway you'll be unhappy to hear i've manually ammended the order and your cash total.

Chartman only problem with refreshing the browser is it will probably create two identical orders! So ill try to build a confirm page instead, just so you know the order went through successfully.

PP, Barc is a problem at the moment, because the feed we get seems to be having trouble with the split hence you can't bring up a quote, and anyone who has it in their portfolio like dicky, it comes up as 0, which is great if you're short. I was hoping they would fix by now, but if not then I'll have to calculate the price myself and close any existing positions.

Cheers,
Sharky.

As a temporary solution for Dicky Mint who is holding Barc and which is distorting the ranking table, I have removed Dicky from the ranking, until we get the feed back. Dicky, don't worry, you should still be able to access your portoflio. But if you want to sell then email me, and I'll make the conversion into cash for you.

Cheers,
Paul

Re: Barc

I'm out. But obviously logged wrong since should have 4 times the number of shares. I'm sure you'll clear it up. Thanks again sharky.

CW stopped out

Hi Sharky
Can you check out why my last CW holding got sold, the price didn't seem to hit my stop so a bit puzzled.
Cheers

Sharky,
Something wrong? Order processing stuck. Orders acknowledged, and half hour later not processed into portfolios..

Edit: Just realised - is this because comp doesn't take orders pre-9am on day one? Rings a bell... If so my own fault.

Last edited: