purpose of using multiple monitors

Yes. Profits are inversely proportional to the number of screens.

I'm going to get rid of my screen(*) and trade blind. An inverse proportional relationship means that zero screens will lead to unlimited profits :clap:

(*) fwiw, I don't have any multi-monitor setup, but it looked strange to see mr. marcus rep your post, given that somewhere in the past he posted his "control room" which consisted out of - what was it - 12 or 16 TFT's...

I'm going to get rid of my screen(*) and trade blind. An inverse proportional relationship means that zero screens will lead to unlimited profits :clap:

:LOL:

Nice try. The inverse of 0 is not infinity..

(*) fwiw, I don't have any multi-monitor setup, but it looked strange to see mr. marcus rep your post, given that somewhere in the past he posted his "control room" which consisted out of - what was it - 12 or 16 TFT's...

Will you please stop criticising the reps I get from people!! :mad:
You have no idea what was said. :(

:LOL:
Nice try. The inverse of 0 is not infinity..

The inverse of 1, being 1/0, is an expression that may be undefined as a real number, but that doesn't change the fact that any limit that gives rise to this will diverge to infinity.

Will you please stop criticising the reps I get from people!! :mad:
You have no idea what was said. :(

No need to get yourself wound up, I was curious about mr. marcus' screen setup, not about yours :)

I'm agree with you

Dear Lee shepherd,

I do agree with your opinion. To me, having 2 screens for trading is very excellent! I monitor for our trading platform.. we can see our P/L with a glance :cheesy: and the other screen, our chart.
I think I would build a machine with 3 screen...

If your only looking at one graph you'd still be best advised to have two screens. One for the chart and the other so you can have your finger on the button for the platform without having to switch and type to save confusion, even the best traders can make mistakes by being distracted. I would also advise 2 towers(pc's) as these things can break down from time to time and always at an inconvenient time.

Having the correct setup is absolutely crucial from day one. So often I hear people say that I'll see how it goes and if I make money then I'll buy the correct stuff I need.

This would be similar to having cancer and saying, 'I'll try the cheapest doctor I can find and if the treatment starts to work then I'll pay for a top notch surgeon'.

Having the right setup prior to trading will allow you to have the best possible start. I can now hear people shouting at the screen saying 'but if I buy the equipment I need I wont have enough to trade with', if your one of these people then your not ready to start yet.

Get the knowledge, get the setup. Dont go half hearted on either of these.

...i have more screens as i believed it created the "illusion" of knowing....this is one "wot" series prediction i got woefully wrong....oh the futility... more screens did not equal more love...should i have been focusing on rep points?...maybe.

Attachments

• officesetup.jpg
    officesetup.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 6,951
Last edited:
phew... your trading room seems like the trading floor of NYSE!! :LOL:

...i have more screens as i believed it created the "illusion" of knowing....this is one "wot" series prediction i got woefully wrong....oh the futility... more screens did not equal more love...should i have been focusing on rep points?...maybe.

Don't you think you went a bit OTT? I bet you can't even see your clock...

... which actually is pretty useful, to have more than one clock on the wall - infact I have more clocks (4) than I do Screens (3). It does make life easier, not so much with economic releases as I list them all in GMT, but with important US events like Lunch.

Attachments

• officesetup.jpg
    officesetup.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 301
Don't you think you went a bit OTT? I bet you can't even see your clock...

... which actually is pretty useful, to have more than one clock on the wall - infact I have more clocks (4) than I do Screens (3). It does make life easier, not so much with economic releases as I list them all in GMT, but with important US events like Lunch.

...actually totally OTT...in fact ive decided to open a clock shop instead....i could become the new ratners:D

So how long to roast a chicken with that setup?

I'm sending you a pound for the meter...can't wait to see it turned on :clap:

cv