Pure Pip Producer : style and expectations

• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

Do you think it is possible to profit every quarter with trading?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CavaliereVerde

Established member
571 829
You can be right about mindset, they have an expansive policy we have a defensive one but this has more to do with stock investing than our short term speculation.
Almost al CTAs are US based and thos funds do not make moeny every quarter, neither every year.
Unfortunatelly the ctaperformance website has beeen closed but those trackrecord were worse than Dunn.
Dunn is american and has the best public trackrecord I can find.

Reactions: LongVision

Pure Pip Producer

490 254
The difference between you and me is that you are looking about the track-records while me i was looking at the process.

Another difference between you and me is that you made a lot of backtests in your life while me i’ve never run any even one from all my life... i wouldn’t even know how to proceed.

And that’s why i’m different. I don’t believe at the past... a backtest or a track-record.

That’s really deeply rooted in your mind... i think you will never change that because, like all the americans super traders, it all happened during childhood and the mental « anchoring ».

You think datas, backtest, track-record... the common point is the past.

You need to lean on something that has happened.

I don’t.

LongVision

76 131
You think datas, backtest, track-record... the common point is the past.
Track record is not about Quants or your so called Quals model. A track record is record of performance , We seriously missing a significant track record about trading style.

Reactions: CavaliereVerde

Pure Pip Producer

490 254
Once again you asking a track-record instead of looking at the process.

Would you prefer to have the egg or to have the hen?

I would undertsand that an investor think that way.

But a trader can not have that kind of mindset if he wants to succeed.

Even if a guy has a long track-record, when there is a losing quarter on it, this track-record starts again from the beginning.

All what was before the losing quarter is obsolete and actually it’s a new track-record that starts.

Now, take your scissors and go to cut the Darwinex track-records by thinking the way i just explained.

You will have, then, the real lenght of the Darwinex track-records.

Last edited:

Pure Pip Producer

490 254
your so called Quals model
That’s not me who call that « Quals » model.

That’s words from Nassim Nicholas Taleb.

I just echo what he says.

To go against what i say, it’s to go against Nassim Nicholas Taleb.

In other words, it’s to be sure end up losing.

I could say the same for Charles Darwin.

To go against what i say, is to go against Charles Darwin.

It’s to go against « from the origin of species », which i seriously doubt someone has read here.

The end is not only losing in that case.

It that case, the end is the death.

If we want our systems succeed, they must be both, Nassim Nicholas Taleb based (in order to not be fooled) and Charles Darwin based (in order to stay alive).

To sum up, the solutions are in these books (Natrual way), not in binary C++/python books.

Simply because a door can be « half-opened » in the real life.

Last edited:

Pure Pip Producer

490 254
For sure, I could explain better in french language... but really, we should read two third of the time.

And trade one third of time.

LongVision

76 131
Once again you asking a track-record instead of looking at the process.
So, We should not ask for your trading results?
Even if a guy has a long track-record, when there is a losing quarter on it, this track-record starts again from the beginning.

All what was before the losing quarter is obsolete and actually it’s a new track-record that starts.
Your results will be compared with the same metric. At least ten quarter trading result is needed for your theory till then you can talk about your trading style & process. Hope you will able to survive at least ten positive quarter with Darwin PDC, not like your closed darwins.

Last edited:

Pure Pip Producer

490 254
Listen, we are currently speaking about that.. but i just could adapt my pure pip production in the intraday style since 4 months, ok?

Now, i came here to present my work only. Not to have the agreement of the Darwinex people.

Please, let me have my first losing week then we could discuss about my second losing week in row, then my first losing month, then my second losing month in a row... and one given day a losing quarter.

But for now, the POLYPHASIC DEFENSE OF CAPITAL has only 1 or 2 losing days recovered in 1 or 2 days.

Let’s have first a losing week before speaking about a losing quarter.

Last edited:

LongVision

76 131
Listen, we are currently speaking about that.. but i just could adapt my pure pip production in the intraday style since 4 months, ok?

Now, i came here to present my work only. Not to have the agreement of the Darwinex people.

Please, let me have my first losing week then we could discuss about my second losing week in row, then my first losing month, then my second losing month in a row... and one given day a losing quarter.

But for now, the POLYPHASIC DEFENSE OF CAPITAL has only 1 or 2 losing days recovered in 1 or 2 days.

Let’s have first a losing week before speaking about a losing quarter.
Keep talking about your 04-month track record as it is a 40 years of track record.

LongVision

76 131

Now let me tell you realistic criteria for trading system.

Our goals for a tradeable system must include these two performance objectives:
1. Average annual return is greater than max draw‐down over at least a
five‐year period.
2. Average annual return needs to be a multiple of the average annual max
draw‐down.

Pure Pip Producer

490 254
Not my trading style.

My trading style is to keep my Equity Curve more days at the High Water Mark than in Drawdown.

This number of days has to be positive.

None track-record on Earth has this number positive.

A new thing.

Simply a new thing.

That you will probably accept later.

The time you will make to accept it is proportional to your capacity for adaptation.

My goal is not to be a normal trader or a super trader.

My goal is to perforate Darwinex.

My goal is to perforate the world of trading.

With a new concept.

if this new concept on which I have been working for years do not work i would be a normal guy.

But if this new concept on which I have been working for years works, i will become the greatest ever, under your eyes.

And you could probably be ridiculous because you didn’t believe on it at the beginning and simply join the movement when it already works.

I’ve nothing to lose and all to win.

My position in currently the right one.

Now, i’m glad to speak with you but if you don't see any inconvenience, it’s time to me for my morning run on the beach.

Have a nice day.

LongVision

76 131
Not my trading style.

My trading style is to keep my Equity Curve more days at the High Water Mark than in Drawdown.

This number of days has to be positive.

None track-record on Earth has this number positive.

A new thing.

Simply a new thing.

That you will probably accept later.

The time you will make to accept it is proportional to your capacity for adaptation.

My goal is not to be a normal trader or a super trader.

My goal is to perforate Darwinex.

My goal is to perforate the world of trading.

With a new concept.

if this new concept on which I have been working for years do not work i would be a normal guy.

But if this new concept on which I have been working for years works, i will become the greatest ever, under your eyes.

And you could probably be ridiculous because you didn’t believe on it at the beginning and simply join the movement when it already works.

I’ve nothing to lose and all to win.

My position in currently the right one.

Now, i’m glad to speak with you but if you don't see any inconvenience, it’s time to me for my morning run on the beach.

Have a nice day.
Your way of talking is similar to most Books about trading that show few charts and few trading results and Author behave like he had given away his secret sauce to his readers.

Last edited:
  • Love
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock