Psychology books can change your life

Joseff

Established member
Hello, guys. I have read couple books of Dale Carnegie and they were very useful for me and I would like to share with you this.

When you have time or if you are reading something, take a look to How to win the friend and influence the people.

Here are books:
1913: Public Speaking and Influencing Men In Business. An introduction to public speaking.

1926: Public Speaking for Success. Dale Carnegie's public speaking bible.

1936: How to Win Friends and Influence People. A self-help book about interpersonal relations and how to succeed.

1948: How to Stop Worrying and Start Living. A self-help book about stress management.

P.S This is not advertising or some kind of promotion. Just want to share something good with other people. Why do I do this - because I can!

If only only one single person will follow this recommendation and make his or her life better - this will be great. :idea:

I'm not a big fan of psychology books that pretend to relate specifically to Trading as I know it's quite impossible to separate out individual personal traits into discrete entities or compartmentalise them in any useful or meaningful way.

If you’re out of whack or unbalanced in any area of your life, it’s going to seep into the others in which you think you’re not. You need to work on the whole person, not the parts.

However, ones that get my vote that will appeal to the more popular (read dumb nuts) reader are:-

F U C K IT! (Sorry mods, but that’s the tile) by John C. Parkin
Thoughts are Things by Prentice Mulford
The Secret Science of Getting Rich – Wallace D. Wattles
Secret of the Ages by Robert Collier
Master Key System by Charles Haanel (hesitated to log that one, but you’re all big boys and girls…)
And finally…
Occult Ether Physics by William by William R. Lyne (no, I’m just kidding, not this one…)

"How to Win Friends and Influence People" - you can read this only this one. It consist of all other.

"How to Win Friends and Influence People" - you can read this only this one. It consist of all other.
|While a good read, it can hardly be considered to 'consist of all other'.

Have you read all the others? Any of them?

|While a good read, it can hardly be considered to 'consist of all other'.

Have you read all the others? Any of them?

How to Stop Worrying and Start Living. - this is the first one I read.

Public Speaking and Influencing Men In Business. - Second.

Public Speaking for Success. - third

How to Win Friends and Influence People. - Last one.

All books are very interesting and full of useful tips and tricks. In case, you don't have time to read all 4 books, I would suggest to read only the book about Friends. :clap:

How to Stop Worrying and Start Living. - this is the first one I read.

Public Speaking and Influencing Men In Business. - Second.

Public Speaking for Success. - third

How to Win Friends and Influence People. - Last one.

All books are very interesting and full of useful tips and tricks. In case, you don't have time to read all 4 books, I would suggest to read only the book about Friends. :clap:

I would recommend to read all of them. :innocent:

I was working with a whole stack of psychology books. They fell on me and crushed my legs crippling me for life.

I couldn’t drive the fork-lift at the Amazon warehouse anymore so I took up trading.

They certainly can change your life.

Hello, Bramble, I agree with you. Trading can change you life. It can make you rich or it can take you down.

This book is nothing special. It's only about how to deal with other people and what do they think about. I don't promote it - I created this thread just to share my opinion. If one single person will read it after this - this would be great.

Good luck.

Josef

I know have some free time and decided to read this book. Will give you my feed back, when I'm done.

This is a very interesting forum.I would like to know is there are any psychology relation with the astrology ? how do you Annalise astrology ?

This is a very interesting forum.I would like to know is there are any psychology relation with the astrology ? how do you Annalise astrology ?

I would say no any relation... People like too believe in what they want to believe.

Hello, Bramble, I agree with you. Trading can change you life. It can make you rich or it can take you down.

Why have you used two opposite extremes? You obviously don't know the middle ground. Keep trying.

I did it! Great book, really great. It is full of simple tips, how to be more successful in this hard life!

The problems I generally have with these books are:

Firstly I don't believe you can change your psychological make up 'just like that'. It's taken your whole life to make YOU and reading a book isn't going to change it.

Secondly, many of the are full of 'feel-good', pseudo-scientific claptrap and downright falsehoods that anyone with any critical capacity or education SHOULD bin them straight after reading (cue Robbins, Rich Dad, One Minute Millionaire, The Secret et al), I've read/seen them all btw. That's not strctly true, some of them I got about a quarter of the way through before binning them 'One minute...' holds the record for that. 'The mastermind' PMSL.

That's right, Alan Sugar and Richard Branson became who they became by sitting in their bedrooms with their eyes closed, visualising, praying to God, walking and breathing, eating 'green foods' that vibrate at certain frequencies (ah the good old vibrating broccoli), making lists of goals: short medium and long term and of course the unrealistic 'plan' of how to achieve them:

Saturday: buy required materials: hypnosis tapes, AR Planner (at the special reduced price of £99.99 for this week only), green drink, lists of trite quotes by successful people which they probably never said anyway.
Sunday Pre week preparation, make list, chunk list, visualise list, listen to self hypnosis tape, go for a walk, breath deeply and visualise the week, now I feel good...YEAH

Monday capitalise business

Tuesday hire staff and build infrastructure

Wednesday get customers and sell stuff to them

Thursday float company and become millionaire

Friday retire

or in the case of Rich Dad

Monday find house

Tuesday buy house for 20% of market value

Wednesday sell house for massive profit

Thursday buy and sell condo

Friday, invest it all in 'the forex' and become billionairre

i.e. THOUSANDS of pages of utter utter drivel basically saying 'buy low, sell high' and some rubbish about being a helicopter pilot.

"How to Win friends..." the classic that started it all. A long time since I read it, also listened the audio version. I seem to remember it was so full of lists of things you need to do/how to behave that to do any of it you'd become totally none functional in any situation trying to remember what step 7 in the list at the end of chapter 10 was and what president Lincoln did in that situation - you know the one where his neighbour kept parking his car opposite his drive and blocking him in and he got so annoyed that he set off a thermonuclear device in the other guys back yard because he was president of the United States and had enough military force to do that? Then nicely said to the frazzled corpse 'Well, sir, I did warn you...well actually I didn't as you might have tried to escape'. He won many friends that day and plenty of influence.

And why is it in these books that only the 'nice guys' are successful in life when in reality we know that, generally speaking, it's the total, utter b@stards who are the one's that really become succesful? Maybe because it's the unsuccesful, nice guys that buy these books? Whereas the b@stards just on with grabbing it all for themselves and laughing at the 'nice guys' expense?

I'm not saying there's nothing of use in them but there are a lot of people out there sucked in to this - serial self-helpers I call them, who are just moving from one load of bulls!t to the next and never getting anywhere. How do I know - I was one of them for 18 months or so until I saw the light. 18 months reading this cr@p instead of getting out there and doing it.

Any of them worth anything? Psycho Cybernetics maybe? About 300 pages of cr@p with a bit of control theory thrown in which basically boils down to 'keep your goal in mind and learn from your mistakes'.

Most of these books you can precis into about 2 sentences at most.

'Time of your life' - have a goal, write your plan and adapt your plan when neccessary.

FFS it's like the people that think they can become bodybuilders by buying some protein powder, buying some nice gym clothes, an ipod, a heart-rate monitor, some videos, some books etc. What should they be doing? Eating proper food and busting their @rse in the gym with heavy weights, but that would require super human resolve, painful, back breaking work and breaking the rules. That can't be 'the secret' can it?? There must be more to it than that surely!

Some may say 'yes but all of these books build confidence, you'll then be able to do it' No No No, you'll spend 20 years reading this cr@p in the endless search for some bl00dy secret that doesn't exist. What will build the confidence and get you to where you want to be? Getting of your backside and DOING IT. Want confidence? DO IT You see? Nike were right all along. The Irish Nike 'Just feckin' do it'.