Psychological problem

Atilla

Legendary member
19,910 3,163
When you can’t do what you know is right for you, then most probably you lack discipline. We often confuse it with psychological problems but as you said you were disciplined and were making profits unless you found leverage. This clearly shows that you left discipline behind as you start getting successful. I think you should move back to a small account, set some rules and try implementing them without deviating from your path.

Beg to differ Catchpole.

If you say someone lacks discipline then you need to subject them to some form of corrective conditioning behaviour. Usually against their wish. One can not say I need to discipline myself and then proceed to punish oneself for breaking one's rule.

If one does do that then you have a Jeckly and Hyde character on your hands. The problem is indeed a psychological one. The gentleman knows he is doing wrong and indeed he is right in his assessment of himself. BUT that other geezer does what he wants as well and their lies ones psychotic behaviour.

Reactions: marthasanders

HeavLeighGill

155 33
I see that there are some solid suggestions here, I'm curious as to whether you tried anything different or made any changes in the last couple of months? Are you still trading on your live account or did you go back to demo?

Egads

27 4
Many people face the same issue initially. Either they lose all their money or they leave trading just in the fear of it. I think trading on a demo account can help these people. Just think of it as a real market and the money is real. You can fight over it.

Silvarolllp

18 2
I would suggest you to demo trade for a while. See how trades can be profitable for you. Notice how you are not affected by losses. Note down some useful suggestions for yourself from the demo trading sessions. Place these notes near your trading setup when you start to trade next time.

Reezki

11 1
It seems you have FOMO and this thing clearly shows in your experience. Plus as far I can guess you have not a habit of applying SL. If you dont have control on emotions then you should start using SL and TP so that it can save you from fear and greed. Try to bring this into your trading routine religiously.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock