Pros and cons to the 6 markets listed on this forum?

Tesla.Lee

What are the pros and cons to the 6 markets listed here on the t2w ?
I was thinking of day trading stocks but I have to get up so early here in California to do it. Besides, stocks can be dangerous as they can go bankrupt or gap down significantly, which I found out to my dismay with Hansen beverages losing half the value...

So, now I am looking for a different market - I am a newby to trading by the way. Please enlighten...
Are there any books on this subject - comparing different markets?

Thanks everyone in advance.
:p

Indices are far less volatile than individual stocks (I only trade individual stocks when there isn't a suitable index product from my provider so I have to drill down to their level), they have an obvious long-term bullish bias, though this is a weak short-term effect.

Forex is readily accessible and far larger as a market than any stock index. High leverage can be either a help or an added risk, but no forex pair ever went to zero or got taken over by a competitor company.

I don't see any reason to go for smaller and smaller markets than these. However, the ability to short or take positions on inverse products is invaluable for the trader and could be as important as the choice of market.

Thank you sincerely for that tomorton - I will check forex out, as it trades 24 hours and I live in LA where I have to get up at 6:30 to trade stocks...

Does anyone have a good book on forex trading, or any advices?

Indices using futures data to do your analysis is the best way to go. Please don't waste your time with forex.

What are the pros and cons to the 6 markets listed here on the t2w ?
I was thinking of day trading stocks but I have to get up so early here in California to do it. Besides, stocks can be dangerous as they can go bankrupt or gap down significantly, which I found out to my dismay with Hansen beverages losing half the value...

So, now I am looking for a different market - I am a newby to trading by the way. Please enlighten...
Are there any books on this subject - comparing different markets?

Thanks everyone in advance.
:p

I trade FOREX, commodoties and indices (and stocks too sometimes) using the same strategy, so it depends wherever I get a setup.

What I like about forex is that there are so many pairs to trade, so there is almost always a setup available ( I only trade long term on daily charts).

My favourite are actually indices, probably because I think I've had the best success with them over the years :)

I don't like Forex - full of sharks. I like trading the Dax but can be a bit of a wild ride sometimes, defo not for beginners.