ProphetMax, Senen Pousa - any info?

Another bit of info to share . . .

Laura Curley is Senen's wife. She also moderates a webinar thru prophetmax.

Hi Everyone

An interesting thread. Regarding above - found this community link with some FAQs answered including backtesting differences*.

https://getsatisfaction.com/prophetmax/people

* 'PM Admin (Employee) 12 days ago
The reasons for the aforementioned difference are as follows:
- The accuracy of the historical data. It is never 100% accurate, but 90% accuracy in Forex is regarded as
perfectly sufficient.
- The spread - whenever you are running a backtest, the platform takes the brokerage's current spread and
keeps it fixed for the entire backtest, while on live trading the spreads are constantly fluctuating by a
fraction of a pip. Only the market maker brokerages offer fixed spreads, but this applies to none of our
recommended brokerages.
- The liquidity - a backtest assumes absolute liquidity, which cannot always be provided by brokerages for
really large amounts of money. If you consider trading with a large amount of money, we suggest you split
it between several accounts with different brokerages to avoid any possible liquidity issues.
- The glitch-free environment - a backtest assumes a completely glitch-free environment while many VPS
services usually have brief downtimes every once in a while (either system shutdowns or connection losses). No server or Internet connection in the world is absolutely impeccable.'

Hi, Univursal . . . welcome to the discussion!

What is interesting to me is that from you link, along with other bits of information gathered, ProphetMax has no track record at all. When I click the names in the link you provided, the beginning dates follow the EVG marketing campaign and flood of new members signing up. (March 16, 2012)

Hi, Univursal . . . welcome to the discussion!

What is interesting to me is that from you link, along with other bits of information gathered, ProphetMax has no track record at all. When I click the names in the link you provided, the beginning dates follow the EVG marketing campaign and flood of new members signing up. (March 16, 2012)

Not a track record of anwering questions via this media anyway.

That's ok.
As long as I have my money invested with ProphetMax, I'll keep monitoring this thread.
No news is GOOD news!

Last edited:
Not a track record of anwering questions via this media anyway.

Where are Senen's longtime customers to verify his 5 years of recorded results?

IIC has been in business for 8 years and has a claimed accumulation of 50 million to oversee and they have 3 employees, with at least one of those added recently. If Senen was investing in his own trading platforms/brokers wouldn't he have a bigger business by now? He should be awesomely wealthy himself.

Last edited:
Financial Service License

If you look at the ASIC website about financial services license and when you require one, I can't see that PM would not require one.
From ASIC

An Australian financial services (AFS) licence authorises licensees to:

provide financial product advice to clients;
deal in a financial product; (isn't that what it's managed fx is?)
make a market for a financial product;(they are making a market for the managed fx)
operate a registered scheme;
provide a custodial or depository service;
provide traditional trustee company services.

interesting you visited this thread nemo. does pousa use forexna as the managed account for prophetmax punters? surely not!!

Where are Senen's longtime customers to verify his 5 years of recorded results?

Excellent question! (y)

IIC has been in business for 8 years and has a claimed accumulation of 50 million to oversee and they have 3 employees, with at least one of those added recently.. . .

He has publically announced that they have added 6 to the staff. With other new members offering volunteer services, i. e. transcribing webinars, offering to drive Senen around NYC when he is there on business right now.

He has publically announced that they have added 6 to the staff. With other new members offering volunteer services, i. e. transcribing webinars, offering to drive Senen around NYC when he is there on business right now.

I stand corrected. Thanks for the info.

On his NYC visit, maybe someone can ask him things regarding your list. What is his visit regarding?

It amazes me that no concrete information has materialized in this whole thread .... good or bad. Let me state my view as I posted quite some time ago: This smells like a major scam. I posted because my girlfriend is in the initial stages of Pousa's "scheme" and I would like to find some definitive info and that is lacking. (This, of course, is a negative in and of itself!)

One thing I would like to comment on is that the returns possible in forex trading are for a short term trader are quite attainable. How do I know? It's what I do for a living. I trade for myself and if I make less than 50% for the month, it is a disappointment. Yes, that's correct 50% per month. It's quite possible with short term trading with a smallish account size (up to the $500K level although a very good trader could probably maintain with an account up to $2 mil.) I am in and out in the markets sometimes in minutes and rarely longer than a few hours. As an account size increases, the slippage and inability to execute at a price due to the increasing nominal trade size (leverage is high in fx) would seriously reduce profits. This is what scares me with Pousa's approach ... the more money managed, the lower the return will be. Edge will disappear and you become a hedge fund where you have to be right in the medium to long term. Short term fx trading requires savvy, risk management, an ability to feel and judge momentum, and pattern recognition skills developed over a long time. Being a hedge fund requires in depth economic analysis, intelligence, excellent research, and inside connections. I doubt from anything I have seen that Senen Pousa has those.

Again, my belief is that this is a horrible scam. I am not here to support the obvious shills that are currently posting. I would really like to see something definitive ... please, someone find a smoking gun!!!!

. . .
I would really like to see something definitive ... please, someone find a smoking gun!!!!
If you would take about 45 mins. to go back to post #1 and catch up to the current post, you will see that there is a lot of speculation from non-members. Where as the ProphetMax members are proceeding with caution. There has been heated words between both sides, that has evolved into a co-operative endeavor to ferret out solid evidence with respects to Senen Pousa and his ProphetMax investment group.

If you would take about 45 mins. to go back to post #1 and catch up to the current post, you will see that there is a lot of speculation from non-members. Where as the ProphetMax members are proceeding with caution. There has been heated words between both sides, that has evolved into a co-operative endeavor to ferret out solid evidence with respects to Senen Pousa and his ProphetMax investment group.

I have read every thread in this post .... I don't need you to recap. My belief is that you personally are a shill. You have offered nothing definitive as well. Don't tell me what I need to do. For all I know, you are Senen Pousa.

You are entitled to your opinion.

What I would like to understand in greater detail by participating in this discussion is . . .

REQUEST FOR THIS THREAD:

1. Testimonial from a dissatisfied customer.
2. Testimonial from a satisfied long term member.
3. (Former) Employee comes public as a whistle blower.
4. Documented evidence of Corporate Malfeasance.

One thing I would like to comment on is that the returns possible in forex trading are for a short term trader are quite attainable. How do I know? It's what I do for a living. I trade for myself and if I make less than 50% for the month, it is a disappointment. Yes, that's correct 50% per month.

With those kind of returns YOU could could offer to manage her money!

On calling names here, and I started out just as hot as the rest, but that doesn't get any information. The thread sorta chilled out a few pages back and people opened up and everyone discussed the information and added their thoughts. Was going pretty good.

Add your factual interpretation of the things presented even if you personally have it figured out. Many people posting and lurking are looking for factual responses to make an informed decision. New members and new persons to finance need a good examination of the facts and an easy to understand explanation.

It is quite frustrating that there is so little info/evidence either way .... I am concerned my girlfriend is making a big mistake but it's not truly my biz unless I can find something tangible.

And frankly, ProphetMax Member's list is a good one from a neg proof perspective, but neither he nor anyone else offers anything positive either.

With those kind of returns YOU could could offer to manage her money!

Missed that part .... I have finally agreed to manage a small sum for her ... but I have no interest in managing client money. And I find it best not to mix romance and finance. I only agreed to do it if I was the one that put up the stake! I don't want her to have any risk and that's why I am hunting so hard to suss this out. So many alarm bells ringing ....

well i'm of the conclusion we're not going to see any meaningful testimonials for a while yet. let's be honest, they've only really just started ramping this one in earnest.

It is quite frustrating that there is so little info/evidence either way .... I am concerned my girlfriend is making a big mistake but it's not truly my biz unless I can find something tangible.

As one of the neophyte members that joined after the EVG webinar back in FEB, my ManagedFX account is UP 5.2% in six weeks of trading. Not exactly the 'back tested' performance Senen was teasing. But I'm not complaining :clap:

. . . ProphetMax Member's list is a good one from a neg proof perspective, but neither he nor anyone else offers anything positive either.

This statement reminds me of the old adage, 'absence of proof is no proof at all'.

I believe the internet watchdog that this discussion has become will offer members and non-members alike to keep Senen's activities from hiding under a rock -- IF that is where he wishes to hang out.

Last edited: