Project Fear Porkies

Project Fear Porkies - there have been so many that I thought it would be interesting to collect them together as a rival thread to "Joke of the day".

Here's a good one: Ian Blackford (SNP) on Talk Radio to Julia Hartley-Brewer yesterday:

Speaking to talkRADIO, Mr Blackford said: "Something I have talked about previously is the risk to water supplies if we leave with no deal."
A bemused Ms Hartley-Brewer fired back: "Ian, we could talk about this for the next twenty minutes but unfortunately time is against us and this s scaremongering: if we leave the EU we are not going to have clean water – I will just let that stand. I have got a lot of tweets from people saying they are turning off – well you can turn on again now.

Last edited:
The NEW breed of politicians say whatever suits their case whether it is true or not.
Dump is a prime example.

There are lies being told on both sides of the Brexit debate.

Of particular concern, to me, was the blatant lie that Michael Gove came out with yesterday. He described "Yellowhammer" as the worst case scenario, when he knows that this is not true. There is another document entitled "Black Swan", which the government are not disclosing.

There are lies being told on both sides of the Brexit debate.

Of particular concern, to me, was the blatant lie that Michael Gove came out with yesterday. He described "Yellowhammer" as the worst case scenario, when he knows that this is not true. There is another document entitled "Black Swan", which the government are not disclosing.

Black Swan - now that's a good un :ROFLMAO: (y)

Yellowhammer is like the French blockading ports, which they have done on and off over the years, causing tailbacks, or the French and Spanish attacking the British fishing fleet as they did last year, so what's the difference?

It's all BS, the EU agri-growers aren't going to waste €Billions letting their crops rot in fields when the supply lines are open and functioning, it'll only be the French doing their usual in the short term as they always do, there's been programmes in the last 6 months showing how logistically prepared us and them are to keep food entering the country, it's pure project fear BS.

Black Swan - now that's a good un :ROFLMAO: (y)

Yellowhammer is like the French blockading ports, which they have done on and off over the years, causing tailbacks, or the French and Spanish attacking the British fishing fleet as they did last year, so what's the difference?

It's all BS, the EU agri-growers aren't going to waste €Billions letting their crops rot in fields when the supply lines are open and functioning, it'll only be the French doing their usual in the short term as they always do, there's been programmes in the last 6 months showing how logistically prepared us and them are to keep food entering the country, it's pure project fear BS.

For me, the fundamental problem that plagues everyone involved in the whole sorry mess is that nobody really knows what is going to happen. Personally, I don't believe that the underlying fears are completely irrational as the UK is not used to the levels of civil disarray that are the norm across the channel - being very similar in both Spain and Italy. If there are some bumps in the road (which I am fully expecting) it's more how Brits perceive and deal with them rather than the actual size of the bumps themselves.

I completely agree with the narrative that we were conned getting into the EC and the whole Maastricht swindle but... I'd argue that as we were getting access to the club, matters were much easier to deal with as there was an evolution over many years and even we didn't agree with the EU there were few genuine watershed "moments". What is happening now is a very different and more drastic type of event. All fun.

Ian Blackford has the hardest job in Parliament.

The only way he can claim to have done a good job for his SNP is to show the Scots what a bad job Westminster does by passing bad laws and following bad policies. But if he works really hard to object to these, those bad laws might never get passed. Then the Scots might say, Och well, everything's fine just noo, Westminster is passing some just great laws now, we don't need the SNP.

You can imagine what Ian's boss back in Edinburgh would say to him after that fiasco - probably something like, Ian, pack your bags and come awai hoom, its time for you to spend some more time with your family, och aye.

So he's got to object to every bad law to look credible and keep claiming his salary, but not too much in case he wins his argument. To me this means he's a pantomime character, not to be taken too seriously.

... Then the Scots might say, Och well, everything's fine just noo, Westminster is passing some just great laws now, we don't need the SNP.

You can imagine what Ian's boss back in Edinburgh would say to him after that fiasco - probably something like, Ian, pack your bags and come awai hoom, its time for you to spend some more time with your family, och aye.

Flawless accent! :)