Profiting from Inflation

Nowler

Experienced member
1,173 118
Follow the Rothschilds they know what is happening and will be selling up at the top or re-investing at the bottom as they have been doing successfully for centuries.
The problem is as far as I know they don't tell the average Joe.
Didnt I hear a year or 2 ago that they moved all their investments away from the US?

Camdo

6 0
Follow the Rothschilds they know what is happening and will be selling up at the top or re-investing at the bottom as they have been doing successfully for centuries.
The problem is as far as I know they don't tell the average Joe.
There is something to this approach. I remember a few years ago, the Rockefeller Foundation announced it was selling all its oil investments. I thought it odd that a name so associated with oil would be selling all it assets. At he time oil was around $80/barrel. There was plenty of time to take advantage of the information. Oil has fallen ever since that announcement. Follow people in the know. Recently Berkshire Hathaway sold all its airline stocks. They are smart people with long investment horizons. Maybe this is worth looking into. What were they thinking?

Nowler

Experienced member
1,173 118
There is something to this approach. I remember a few years ago, the Rockefeller Foundation announced it was selling all its oil investments. I thought it odd that a name so associated with oil would be selling all it assets. At he time oil was around $80/barrel. There was plenty of time to take advantage of the information. Oil has fallen ever since that announcement. Follow people in the know. Recently Berkshire Hathaway sold all its airline stocks. They are smart people with long investment horizons. Maybe this is worth looking into. What were they thinking?
Berkshire selling airline stocks is easy. Covid was killing that industry.

The Rothschilds selling oil however is more difficult to see from their point of view

jameks

20 2
Yes, now airlines are going through far from the best times in their history. I heard that many companies now significantly unify the fleet.

Camdo

6 0
With the Federal Reserve printing all this new stimulus money, it is natural to think that inflation will run rampant in the future. However, the smart people I listen to are talking about disinflation. In other words the dollar buys more in the future. They are concerned about debt repayment and the consequences of cascading effects of debt default and a shrinking economy. In other words "economic collapse". Investing for that would be a short sellers paradise.

jameks

20 2
I think that yes, many will be able to capitalize on this. But so far the forecasts are quite different - both negative and vice versa, positive.

Camdo

6 0
If money is printed and distributed to people who do not need it, they will treat it like mad money and buy something not caring what price they pay for it. That is inflationary. But, if money is printed and distributed to people who are desperate to pay bills, the money will be adsorbed into the economy without inflationary pressure, but of course, the taxpayers will have to eventually pay the money back. To handle the repayment issue, we will entertain the idea of New Monetary Theory. Money is just an idea of confidence. We can print any amount indefinitely and never pay it back. Dollars are after all the reserve currency of the world. We can play that game so long as the rest of the world needs dollars to repay their loans or buy our products. But the game will end some day and we will pay one way or another with our assets.

mizoks

38 5
In my opinion, this option can be called a game without problems. I tried to work with a large number of brokers, and deceived quite often. But the trading process itself is very reminiscent of the game. Everything needs to be done on time and with certain amounts. Now I work with Amarkets, I often communicate with consultants about this.

Nowler

Experienced member
1,173 118
@Nowler
If you are a bit overwhelmed with all the material and don't know where to begin, try the bootcamp...it looks like a good place to begin.

Only took a month and a half to finish the bootcamp series :p
I was looking forward to the last one - The Business Cycle... however I didn't enjoy it as much as I hoped I would.

I did however stumble across this right after:
Making a cuppa, and will then sit down to watch it

new_trader

Legendary member
6,472 1,395
The bootcamp is a good introduction. They made an effort to appeal to the younger audience with younger lecturers instead of the usual boomers. However, like you are doing, you need to watch some of the older lectures to get a better understanding of each topic.

This is a brilliant lecture to watch if you aren't bored with the whole thing yet:

Reactions: Nowler

Nowler

Experienced member
1,173 118
The bootcamp is a good introduction. They made an effort to appeal to the younger audience with younger lecturers instead of the usual boomers. However, like you are doing, you need to watch some of the older lectures to get a better understanding of each topic.

This is a brilliant lecture to watch if you aren't bored with the whole thing yet:
They were nice bite sized videos.
I'll throw this one on now sure.

I did find the l last one a little hard to follow. Parts were fine, but other parts went over my head. Hopefully I understood enough to be able to unlock further things

Nowler

Experienced member
1,173 118

Any more that you rate highly?
That was nice and easy to understand.
Essentially explaining Supply, Demand and Price from different angles - how 1 influences the other.

I liked his comment on the war on drugs. I've been saying that since I was young teenager.

new_trader

Legendary member
6,472 1,395
Any lecture by Tom Woods, Joe Salerno and Robert Murphy are usually worth watching.
This is an excellent lecture by Tom Woods

Reactions: Nowler

Nowler

Experienced member
1,173 118
This is very good!
All of these remind me of that sobering quote I heard a while back

“All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone.”

- Pascal

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock