Profit Claims on Forex Forums

magnet

Does anyone share my suspicion that a lot of the success claimed by some contributors to forex trading forums are highly dubious!
I regularly look at two of the most viewed forums on forex factory, and can't believe the consistent profitable trading that is recorded, supported by impressive charts.
Some of the contributors are 'racking up' pips by the bucketful, with very seldom a losing trade recorded.
It is very easy 'after the event' to analyse a chart and point out why this or that didn't happen because indicators didn't line up, or because of S/R levels, fibs, pivots etc... didn't conform.
I also wonder just how many are trading live accounts as opposed to demo. accounts - a different ball game.
For my part, I have been trading forex, with a live account for about two years but confess that I am not consistently profitable yet.

Its certainly difficult to maintain consistent returns in forex. I like reading about other people's strategies, there's always the possibility of learning something, but if they don't declare their rules or can't sum up their system in a few paragraphs, there's no need to read any further. Even if they are astronomically profitable this week / month / year, it can't be sustained.

Does anyone share my suspicion that a lot of the success claimed by some contributors to forex trading forums are highly dubious!
I regularly look at two of the most viewed forums on forex factory, and can't believe the consistent profitable trading that is recorded, supported by impressive charts.
Some of the contributors are 'racking up' pips by the bucketful, with very seldom a losing trade recorded.
It is very easy 'after the event' to analyse a chart and point out why this or that didn't happen because indicators didn't line up, or because of S/R levels, fibs, pivots etc... didn't conform.
I also wonder just how many are trading live accounts as opposed to demo. accounts - a different ball game.
For my part, I have been trading forex, with a live account for about two years but confess that I am not consistently profitable yet.

I think we may have one of those types right here on T2W :!:

and things were so quiet for about 3 hours .........

Maybe a T2W or FF policy on claims and evidence.

Attachments

• shock_the_monkey.jpg
    shock_the_monkey.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 254
EAs are great when they work and not so great when they dont. Everyone likes to boost and show how great they are, especially on TEST (my response:
). But to get something a bit more supportive and confidence bringing check those who have the guts to go LIVE with their trades with realistic trades that mimic what exactly someone will trade as. Otherwise take it as "get rich quick"...."opportunities".

just press the ignore button mate on certain members .....then you will never have to suffer those charlatans lying through their teeth every day :LOL:

also saves the Moderators having to intervene on these member bashing threads :cool:

cheers :smart:
N

How I made $250,000 last week... SUPER SECRET Strategy

I'm about to share my super secret strategy called hindsight trading.

Hindsight trading is amazing. You see tons of gurus do it on FF and in the Trading Educational World every day.

Visit my website http://www.hindsighttrader.com to learn how Hindsight trading can work for you!

For $299 (usually $600 but discounted for this month only...just kidding! if you check back every month, it's always discounted so as to give the illusion of a bargain [in marketing this is called a misleading representation]) you can learn everything you need to know about trading!

Essentially hindsight trading involves a number of key ingredients:
1. A hindsight chart -> this is where you post a chart after the fact with all your analysis of things you would have done.
2. You usually have a course you want to charge people to take... there's one born every minute!!
3. You will never post a real account summary to verify your claims for anyone trying to do their due dilligence... remember, it's all about hindsight!