Profit And Loss Spreadsheet

jwlt

hi. i am new here. hi. thank you for having this board. does anyone here have Excel formulas to calculate profit and loss in future market? any vba code? thanks.

Hi, i have browsed almost all of your sites to profit/loss calculations and found many experiences sharing. good. about this profit/loss calculations spreadsheets, i have an Excel spreadsheet of 5000+ rows of continous daily future market data, buy/sell signal with buy/sell volume like sample: 2 buys and 1 sell yesterday. 3 sells and 1 buy today, and 2 buys and 1 sell tomorrow, open trade price and close trade price. at the end of the day, the volume of buy signal and volume of sell signal equal. how am i going to calculate the above buy and sell signal profit/loss in Excel? thank you.

or maybe if someone is kind enough to share their method of profit/loss calculations. i already have signals and open price and close price only don't know how to calculate the profit/loss (i mean more than 1 lot transactions) in spreadsheets. i know how to settle 1 lot transaction. thanks for your precious time.

Actually I had the same requirement to jwlt many moons ago and was disappointed that I couldn't find such a spreadsheet, which surely many traders must have, freely available on some trading site somewhere (although I haven't looked recently, this was about 7 years ago).

I was too lazy to code up the necessary macros, while it's not rocket science it's not trivial either. After trying various portfolio management tools, in the end I went for MS Money when they improved the basic investment tools/reports included, as I was using this for regular accounts/expenses anyway.

I'd still be interested though if anyone would be kind enough to post their example?

KenN

hi KenN, recently i received a spreadsheet called FuturesPositionCalculator. i think it has some features help in enhance trading performance. email me if you want. [email protected] subject FuturesPositionCalculator