problem with cmc statements

darrenf

I wonder if anyone can help me. The statements I receive from cmc are being removed with the following message in the header of my email in outlook express:-

"OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail : (cmc account number). htm"

At first I thought it was something to do with the recent virus which infected the attachement from cmc. However, I have also done loads of windows updates recently including activating the available firewall and wonder if it may be something to do with this.

Does anyone know what I can do to rectify this?

It sounds like your antivirus software is seeing attachments as potential viruses.

Maybe you can adjust one of the settings.

Paul

I am using AVG free edition. Any ideas what I need to adjust?

I have been using this for a few months now and have not altered any settings. This problem has only occurred within the last few days?

The answer lies in the security settings within your own outlook express version. I don't have OE on this PC at work, so from memory it's within tools- options or accounts then have a look thru the tabs and you will find a box telling OE to remove all attachments. Untick this, and the prob will be solved.
cheers
hampy

DARRENF
Go into OE, options, security and untick "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus"

I have found a ticked box in my security settings "do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus"

I have un ticked the box so hopefully this will do the trick.

I'm not sure I like the sound of the implications of this though. Does anyone know if this would just block all attachments, just certain file types, or just attachments where a virus has been detected?

darrenf said:
I have found a ticked box in my security settings "do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus"

I have un ticked the box so hopefully this will do the trick.

I'm not sure I like the sound of the implications of this though. Does anyone know if this would just block all attachments, just certain file types, or just attachments where a virus has been detected?

It wouldn't have 'blocked' anything. The attachments are still attached to your emails. But previously (with the security option ticked) it wouldn't allow you to acces them. Now it will.

Don't know which file types it worries about, probably .exe, .pif, .scr etc. - the usual suspects,

You are right. I can now open the attachments.

Thanks all.

T2W members have again proved their weight in gold :D

I could have spent hours trying to get to the bottom of that!!