CMC vs CMSFX

digifalcon

Hi, I have finally narrowed my broker choices to either CMC or CMSFX, in that order. CMC looks great but am confused about one aspect. On their home page, it states "20 minute delayed prices by CMC MarketMaker...", but on the "How do we do business" section, they say their dealers provide real time prices. That left me scratching my head.

Anyone have idea what they are talking about... if you already have an account with CMC, do you get real time quotes or always 20 minute delayed quotes? It would seem absurd for a company to claim to be the first online forex provider and feed 20 min delayed quotes when everyone else doing real time. Maybe I am not reading something right?

Also, anyone with CMSFX experiemce.. I would love to hear from you and what you think of them.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

the 20 mins delay will be for the sample pricing quotes displayed on their website. your dealing prices with any firm will always be realtime

As Arbitrageur says, the 20-min delay is only on the 'public' website - once you log-on to your account it's all real time.

Jack o'Clubs said:
As Arbitrageur says, the 20-min delay is only on the 'public' website - once you log-on to your account it's all real time.

Thanks to both Arbitrageur and Jack for your input. Perhaps CMC should specify that this is only for public viewing and does not apply to real accounts. They really dont even need to publish any quotes at all as it does not serve a purpose. If I need quotes to trade or not, I can easily get them on free real time charts.

Anyway, anyone here have any final thoughts about their trading experience with either CMC or CMSFX before I take the plunge?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

I have used CMC forex, although now use their spreadbet platform which is identical. Generally pleased with them (and the platform is excellent) - although in very fast moving markets you can get requoted.

Jack o'Clubs said:
I have used CMC forex, although now use their spreadbet platform which is identical. Generally pleased with them (and the platform is excellent) - although in very fast moving markets you can get requoted.

Thanks Jack for your recommendation. I will seriously consider opening an acct with them, unless I find someone better.

Happy pipping!
Dave

Oanda

digifalcon said:
Thanks Jack for your recommendation. I will seriously consider opening an acct with them, unless I find someone better.

Happy pipping!
Dave

Try Oanda.com for forex. There is a large correspondence about them over at Elitetrader.com in the States. Oanda also has an active forum and a practice platform.
www.oanda.com
www.elitetrader.com

Jack o'Clubs said:

Agree with this comment the platform is better than the IG styled platforms and spreads seem one of the tightest, but regularly requote at speed and the feeling is you are awaiting for them to hedge first at same or better before they will let you through in quick markets this in big volume markets too which should not be justifyable.