Problem logging into Finspreads Advantage platform

tell the guy he's full of shi.. crap.

below a capture of the data streams when starting fins advantage web, as you can see there's not a lot of data flowing, though it comes in from several ip addresses at once.

my flash version is 16.0.0.235

what is your isp speed rating?

The speed test said it was 2meg download and 0.3meg upload. The flash version number is same. I guess I will have to uninstall and re-install. By the way CI advantage web is running currently. Slightly slow but I only use orders to get in me in if at all.

The speed test said it was 2meg download and 0.3meg upload. The flash version number is same. I guess I will have to uninstall and re-install. By the way CI advantage web is running currently. Slightly slow but I only use orders to get in me in if at all.

ah, i think you may need a new isp or stump up the readies for an upgrade at your current provider.

the choices at my isp are 30, 70 and 150. I am thinking of the 150 upgrade for next year, but i don't yet know what my pc/network mbps limits are, i'm going to have to research that first.

just thought of an easy test to check if you were accidently migrated to ci, I think it unlikely. i'm still thinking windows/browser conflict.

sign in to ci advantage trader, then click "My Account" and from the drop down menu click "Fund Your Account"

having done that where does that take you?

hey pigbear, don't forget to try post 36, the answer to that will be interesting.

It takes me too Finspreads and still has my card details. I guess I will give it rest since hols round the corner.

It takes me too Finspreads and still has my card details. I guess I will give it rest since hols round the corner.

there you go, no migration issue.

to make sure you haven't multiple instances of flash installed on your pc causing conflicts, go to add/remove programs in control panel and remove all programs from macromedia/adobe that reference flash, leave adobe reader obviously. then go to finspreads and login to advantage web and if it needs to, let the flash plugin auto install.

give it a try, you've nothing to lose at this point. I have no instances of any flash players in my add/remove window, I only have the browser plugin, I would suggest hooking that out too before proceeding to fins, but I'm not sure how you do that, you'll have to google it.

Last edited:
I just had a quick short on FT, opened 1603 and closed for 10 points. Fills, open and close, were about 4 seconds. I don't think that there is much wrong from my end.

I use an old laptop in the afternoons, so old that Windows stopped supporting it last April. Linux still supports it, so I am using that. the Flash number for this is 11,2,202,425. That is still supported for linux computers. As long as it goes, its good enough for my purposes.

Re Finspreads Web Platform

Hey Pigbear My Finspreads WEB Platform is now up and Running! So is the Software Application. Can you Check Yours again and let me know.
Cheers Indextrader.

Hey Pigbear My Finspreads WEB Platform is now up and Running! So is the Software Application. Can you Check Yours again and let me know.
Cheers Indextrader.

Yes mine is up and running Indextrader but I went into Windows 7 advanced settings then pressed reset. I have included screen prints. It now takes seconds to log in.
Thanks to everyone on the board and Merry Christmas from pigbear.

Attachments

• city index.png
    city index.png
    120.6 KB · Views: 369
  • city index1.png
    city index1.png
    188 KB · Views: 436
Hi Pigbear You didn't go into Windows 7 advanced setting! There is no such thing. You went into IE 11.0? Browser Advanced Settings. Big Difference. It helps to know when talking to any tech helpdesk. Strangely this morning not everything is working! Its a real pain and clear something is not right somewhere! even though nothing seems wrong at my end. I may try your reset suggestion. Cheers.

Yes mine is up and running Indextrader but I went into Windows 7 advanced settings then pressed reset. I have included screen prints. It now takes seconds to log in.
Thanks to everyone on the board and Merry Christmas from pigbear.

Hi Pigbear You didn't go into Windows 7 advanced setting! There is no such thing. You went into IE 11.0? Browser Advanced Settings. Big Difference. It helps to know when talking to any tech helpdesk. Strangely this morning not everything is working! Its a real pain and clear something is not right somewhere! even though nothing seems wrong at my end. I may try your reset suggestion. Cheers.

Apologies I should have stated Advanced settings in internet options in Windows 7. It works on both IE 10 and google chrome. However I am thinking about removing chrome not really impressed with the number of features that comes with it.
I am just wondering if City Index/Finspreads platform had been attacked by hackers.

Google Chrome used to be really 'Heavy' and it took over my comuter, but the latest version seems quite good. I have removed it as I am already using 2 other browsers. One of which is Firefox and this is recommended by Finspreads web site! so why they keep pushing you on to Chrome I'm not too sure.
NB I have Restored my advanced settings but I did already have FS web platform up and running ( Mostly). Beware! Restoring removes any security settings you may have entered. I did screenshots of before and after and I have a record of what was removed.
I also thought of hackers, clearly something is going on And I know they are monitoring this web site! Have a Great Xmas.

Apologies I should have stated Advanced settings in internet options in Windows 7. It works on both IE 10 and google chrome. However I am thinking about removing chrome not really impressed with the number of features that comes with it.
I am just wondering if City Index/Finspreads platform had been attacked by hackers.

mac book pro 8 gig ram 500 ssd running fin like a dog

Is your pc all up to date...windows updates and stuff like adobe ?

i am having trouble with finspreads,it runs so slow yet everything else works fine,am thing of reloading yosermite with a clean install,anyone else having problems with it ?

i am having trouble with finspreads,it runs so slow yet everything else works fine,am thing of reloading yosermite with a clean install,anyone else having problems with it ?

It is a bit slow but my son tells me that I need a new computer, so I am keeping a low profile on this subject!

I had to leave Windows in April '14 because they said that they were not doing anymore maintenance on the software so my son installed Linux. The trouble is that the software is too fast for the computer, although it works well enough, with patience! So, if that is what you mean by a "clean install" I would say that the computer's age and today's faster software has a lot to do with the success of the change.

proper pc.. windows 8.1.. ie11.. fast broadband

fins was ok yesterday, no speed or function issues I could recall.

it is becoming apparent from this thread that if the internet connection is dogsh!t then fins runs dogshi!t.

I would suggest checking internet before mucking around with the computer. unless everything is slow then obviously a trip to the computer shop is long overdue.

fins was ok yesterday, no speed or function issues I could recall.

it is becoming apparent from this thread that if the internet connection is dogsh!t then fins runs dogshi!t.

I would suggest checking internet before mucking around with the computer. unless everything is slow then obviously a trip to the computer shop is long overdue.

That is the problem, of course. I was trying to pick the right vocabulary. You put it so delicately, mate. I must buy a Collins, too. :)

How do you know as being in the US you are not able to have a spreadbetting account ?

I suspect jkane was just displaying all the characteristic enthusiasm, positivity and unbiased, up-to-date, accurate, well-informed, objective expertise about the spreadbetting industry for which we've come to rely on him ...

do not trade at spread betting firms
zero regulation
Spread Betting set up to fail
Spreads too wide
no craft to spreadbetting
only squares play at spread trading firms
spreadbetting is all luck
spread betting pure rippoff...
spreads too wide you have zero shot
Spreads rip offs in Europe

Not that I'm suggesting anyone might have an agenda of any kind, of course ...