Problem logging into Finspreads Advantage platform

I was out yesterday in the rain for some rest and relaxation. I should have done this earlier. I have taken a screen dump of the problem and the log on screen. Previously when I logged on with my bypass screen it was light yellow but now it is dark yellow. That screen is the log on for city index clients. I gave the grey screen 2 minutes and still no platform!
When I log onto the bypass screen I get a whirl that stops for a second before carrying on. When I check internet allowance usage it is zero. I might give them another call and see how far they have progressed.
See attached.

I live in Barcelona, maybe that has something to do with it but, regardless of what the other poster said, I am into Finspreads and have been trading this morning, even though he thinks that I don't know what I'm talking about.

I use Firefox, so its not that, unless it is a certain area that is affected.

I live in Barcelona, maybe that has something to do with it but, regardless of what the other poster said, I am into Finspreads and have been trading this morning, even though he thinks that I don't know what I'm talking about.

I use Firefox, so its not that, unless it is a certain area that is affected.

It could be that because I am using IE10 and they did suggest switching to another browser. I suppose I will have to nudge them even though the holidays are coming up.

re grey screen

I'm seriously glad that I'm not the only person with this problem as it confirms that its not at my end, so to speak. They have given me a link for Downloadable software which seems ok but even that doesn't work fully and of course it takes a lot of time to get used to yet another new piece of software. It would be great if the help desk helped but they don't want the hassle of confirming things are not working properly.
My previous broker went bust to the tune of $40 Billion I hope These are not going the same way.

I was out yesterday in the rain for some rest and relaxation. I should have done this earlier. I have taken a screen dump of the problem and the log on screen. Previously when I logged on with my bypass screen it was light yellow but now it is dark yellow. That screen is the log on for city index clients. I gave the grey screen 2 minutes and still no platform!
When I log onto the bypass screen I get a whirl that stops for a second before carrying on. When I check internet allowance usage it is zero. I might give them another call and see how far they have progressed.
See attached.

I'm seriously glad that I'm not the only person with this problem as it confirms that its not at my end, so to speak. They have given me a link for Downloadable software which seems ok but even that doesn't work fully and of course it takes a lot of time to get used to yet another new piece of software. It would be great if the help desk helped but they don't want the hassle of confirming things are not working properly.
My previous broker went bust to the tune of $40 Billion I hope These are not going the same way.

So am I. I emailed them and they gave me some spiel on IE connectivity problems. However I now know its not adobe flash or java.

Guess what chrome doesn't work and I still get a grey screen. In desperation I downloaded the City Index Advantage Web application and guess what I can get charts. I thing they have migrated some of us on to CI Advantage platform instead of Finspreads Advantage web. You can also see my watchlist set up and outstanding order. Thanks for your idea about the link. However I don't know what to do next.

Attachments

• screen3.png
    screen3.png
    112.6 KB · Views: 342
  • city index2.png
    city index2.png
    153.4 KB · Views: 372
It's Sunday, so you can't do much but, tomorrow, you should be able to trade . Have a look at the bar on top of your chart and see it your account details are ok- then go ahead. Get the order box by pressing the chart price. Dont forget your stoploss, especially given the problems that you have been experiencing.

You could, if you wish, telephone them and ask the dealer to monitor your trade when you put it on but be nice and don't lose your cool---it helps a lot.

Guess what chrome doesn't work and I still get a grey screen. In desperation I downloaded the City Index Advantage Web application and guess what I can get charts. I thing they have migrated some of us on to CI Advantage platform instead of Finspreads Advantage web. You can also see my watchlist set up and outstanding order. Thanks for your idea about the link. However I don't know what to do next.

out of pure curiosity, to see what would happen, i've just logged on to ci advantage web from the ci website with my fins login.

i see the full finspreads platform, with no sight of a the ci logo anywhere. so maybe it is as you suspected and you're no longer with fins?

haven't tried with advantage trader.

Last edited:
out of pure curiosity, to see what would happen, i've just logged on to ci advantage web from the ci website with my fins login.

i see the full finspreads platform, with no sight of a the ci logo anywhere. so maybe it is as you suspected and you're no longer with fins?

haven't tried with advantage trader.

However the same problem persists when I tried city advantage web. I think they screwed up the closing down of the classic web platform.
I am just glad I'm not trading at the moment because I was getting my head together and then this.

However the same problem persists when I tried city advantage web. I think they screwed up the closing down of the classic web platform.
I am just glad I'm not trading at the moment because I was getting my head together and then this.

I'm not sure what I am going to do Christmas week but, if I do trade, I'll let you know how it goes.

The chart is what I have this afternoon---thirty seconds, or so. I accept the slowness as the fault of the computer. Maybe, there is something going on that I have not noticed, I'll see.

Good luck, anyway.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 211214 - 18:39:29.png
    Screenshot - 211214 - 18:39:29.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 317

must be a pain for sure. not really getting why it's only affecting a few and not others. maybe they are right and it's only a specific windows/browser conflict, if you can sign in to advantage trader then that's the likely cause imo.

just downloaded ci advantage trader and logged in with my fins account and that works fine too, but obviously ci branded. a very smart platform I must say, very clean and clear and the charts detach, I like! :love:

thanks for the respond

Thanks for the follow up. Firstly you have to be careful. You haven't downloaded City Index Advantage Web! You have downloaded City Index Advantage Trader!!!
They are different and will confuse things further with their 'help desk'
I have mine downloaded and I have been test trading in order to understand the platform. From a trade point of view it is very quick so that's good. However there are some things that Don't work and I have emailed CI about them. I don't find the platform that well designed but I am a designer of sorts so I'm both fussy and very practical. Where to go from here? well go on to You Tube and find City Index Advantage Trader Platform Tutorial! This will Help. On the whole its pretty instinctive just put its through its paces. 1 of the things that doesn't work for me it the Instrument Search! I have to tell it what I'm actually looking for or it won't give me any info.
I have tried 3 browsers all up to date and I still can't get Finspreads web platform. It won't work on by up to date computer! I really think this is because FS have removed the old platform and along with it the software to access the new platform. Get used to the new platform if you can, and just to complicate things even further there is a Professional Version which is downloadable as well!!
Although that also has problems with my computer as the image is Massive! I tend to agree with you that they have 'Migrated' some of us. Of course they are entirely allowed to do this.

I wish I had read your post before I clicked on the right mouse button. I think I went bonkers when it let me amend my order. I wonder if a lot of clients have stopped using it so they put some of us on it.

I have included the previous screen shot that shows I can receive and send. The daft thing is the system should know I'm not a City Index client.

For anybody who uses the launcher. This was the link I used to use to get me in to save on tabs.

https://trade.loginandtrade.com/finspreads/home.html?ts=1415801210388#

Attachments

• city index2.png
    city index2.png
    153.4 KB · Views: 476
  • city index 3.png
    city index 3.png
    165.9 KB · Views: 498
You can actually click on help and the platform creating watchlists. I will however be putting it through it paces paper trading and then contacting them again today.

As someone who used the old platform until they took it off, I can assure you guys that I had no problem switching to the Advantage Web site, afterwards. They, also, emailed me to advise me of its intended closure, sometime around Dec 9th. I had started with the new platform in November because the old one started to develop problems. When I complained to them about these problems they, kindly, cancelled two trades as a goodwill gesture but told me that that I would have none of those problems if I changed over.

I had navigational problems, at first, because I don't like change, much, which is why I preferred the old platform. I'm ok, now, though.

While I think that you could be right about your views on City Index, etc. there seem to be only two of you in trouble and Fins is a big company. I would have expected more feedback on this thread, by now.

At present, I have made no trades today.

As someone who used the old platform until they took it off, I can assure you guys that I had no problem switching to the Advantage Web site, afterwards. They, also, emailed me to advise me of its intended closure, sometime around Dec 9th. I had started with the new platform in November because the old one started to develop problems. When I complained to them about these problems they, kindly, cancelled two trades as a goodwill gesture but told me that that I would have none of those problems if I changed over.

I had navigational problems, at first, because I don't like change, much, which is why I preferred the old platform. I'm ok, now, though.

While I think that you could be right about your views on City Index, etc. there seem to be only two of you in trouble and Fins is a big company. I would have expected more feedback on this thread, by now.

At present, I have made no trades today.

How fast is your connection and how much data does Advantage web use? I ask because I spoke to Client Management and they want screen prints before they do anything. However I am wondering if its better for me to use Advantage platform since I'm currently still in testing mode.

just thought of an easy test to check if you were accidently migrated to ci, I think it unlikely. i'm still thinking windows/browser conflict.

sign in to ci advantage trader, then click "My Account" and from the drop down menu click "Fund Your Account"

having done that where does that take you?

How fast is your connection and how much data does Advantage web use? I ask because I spoke to Client Management and they want screen prints before they do anything. However I am wondering if its better for me to use Advantage platform since I'm currently still in testing mode.

From the time that I pressed "Launch Platform" to the time the chart on the screen was 43 seconds. As I said, the speed is probably the fault of my computer but its good enough for me. What I get is the chart, with the six tabs at the top, that I downloaded on the weekend. The watchlist is not needed unless I want a different one from the default that I have selected.

I am not very technical with computors, I'm afraid. How much data it uses, I don't know.

my internet connection current speed -

Download Speed: 25173 kbps (3146.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 2945 kbps (368.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 5 ms
‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2014‎ ‎13‎:‎08‎:‎18

time for finspreads advantage web to load -

under 20 seconds

I don't know if I've got any way of seeing how much data the web platform is pulling, not a great amount I wouldn't have thought. I doubt you'd need to know that, unless you're on dialup still :LOL:

my internet connection current speed -

Download Speed: 25173 kbps (3146.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 2945 kbps (368.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 5 ms
‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2014‎ ‎13‎:‎08‎:‎18

time for finspreads advantage web to load -

under 20 seconds

I don't know if I've got any way of seeing how much data the web platform is pulling, not a great amount I wouldn't have thought. I doubt you'd need to know that, unless you're on dialup still :LOL:

Thanks everybody you have all be a great help. The Client Management guy was giving me crap it needed to be 10meg download and 4 meg upoad! Can I just ask what version flash player people are using. I have updated to 16.0.0.235(the latest version) and I wonder if that is the problem.

Thanks everybody you have all be a great help. The Client Management guy was giving me crap it needed to be 10meg download and 4 meg upoad! Can I just ask what version flash player people are using. I have updated to 16.0.0.235(the latest version) and I wonder if that is the problem.

tell the guy he's full of shi.. crap.

below a capture of the data streams when starting fins advantage web, as you can see there's not a lot of data flowing, though it comes in from several ip addresses at once.

my flash version is 16.0.0.235

what is your isp speed rating?

Attachments

• finspreads platform data streams.PNG
    finspreads platform data streams.PNG
    7.4 KB · Views: 433