Pristine seminars

cd173

The Pristine Method?

Hello All

I'm currently reading up on the pristine method of trading which I actually find to be very useful, but I don't hear much about it mentioned on these boards. Does anyone have any feedback on it?

Cheers

Hi

I bought all there CD tutorials. They give you a good grounding. The guerilla method is Vgood. Also, one of my friends spent a couple of months out in LA being trained by them. He seems to enjoy it. I will try and get him to speak of his experiences.

Cheers
Andy

Hi

I also found their candlestick techniques very reliable. I'm currently reading Tools & tactics for the master day trader by Oliver Velez & Greg Capra. I highly recommend it.

Where the CD tutorials any good?

I enjoyed them. They went alot into tactics were as alot of the TA books you find are very technical and do not go into how you can use TA to turn a profit. I idea of counting candles is a very simple idea that works.

I suppose the CDs are good for me because I find visual audio studying easier to ingest. Do not buy the Options or Level 2 course. Not much there.

Andy- Pristine's course is for swing trading stocks or ??

have heard of them, but dont know too much about them- they did seem to get an award from the readers of Stocks and Comm mag last yr

cheers

al-motor

Pristine have trading strategies for the use with various linear time scales. These go from an investing time scale to a more micro scalping stratetgy.

The core of their strategy is.

1. Candle stick analysis. They love hammers at bottoms and hanging man at tops but they call them top and tails.

2. They look for swing highs and lows and have a technique of counting candles. ie, in a down trend, after a 3 to 5 bar rally, be prepared to short.

3. The use layered SMAs and look to enter the trade when the price is at the SMA and when the SMA is showing direction and is not flat. They prefer to actual hit the button when the price is in between the two SMAs. They call this trading in the zone.

4.Guerilla tactics. Aggressive gap trading.

Cheers
Andy

Last edited:
Pristine seminar

I see that pristine are doing a free, then paid 2 days seminar in London (usually on do the US) at the end of March. Has anyone been on or heard anything about if these are worth the money. Their site etc is pretty professional but at $1695 for 2 days i would like to know if it is worthwhile before booking.

PS I have read their book.

Comments welcome.

I've seen their (Pristine) CD product range advertised on this site- I know you mentioned that you only read the book - can i ask what you thought of it? and/or if you have seen the CD's how did you rate the material.
Cheers
Mick

Pristine

I thought the book was not too bad and i have some of their video tapes with same content as cd's i think.

They are ok but just basically recorded at a public seminar (be interested to hear if cd's are any different)

They teach a fairly simple trend following / swing trading idea which depending on the market i guess can work quite well.

I have the CDs and they appear to have the same content as the videos. There is certainly some duplication of content in the introductions as they all spend time outlining the various trading systems before focusing on the specific style relating to the CD title. I also have the book and IMO it covers the various styles in a more condensed (and useful?) format.

David

Pristine

Hi did u ever attend any of the Pristine Courses?They are doing another in March in London and wondered whether there might be any further feedback from your original posting in 2003.Many thanks

Graham

Sorry awoodji, mis- read the date of your post - it was Jan 2004- apologies.Still, any further thoghts on Pristine ,i think it looks useful if pricey.Perhaps a fer sessions with Naz might be a better investment?

thanks

Graham

PROCEED WITH CAUTION!!! Pristine, Oliver Velez and Greg Capra

Hello friends of the US,

Pristine will be there soon.
http://www.pristine.com/seminars/emails/seminar_emails/SHOP_040326_london.htm
Your country has long been an ally of ours, so we will do the same in the trading business. We have found many skeletons in Pristine's closet. Proceed with caution!

Its all in this thread....

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=29357

Pristine at the time of this post have not responded to any of these posts. Come visit us on ET! :eek: I have asked the ET'rs to visit t2w too!

Cheerio!

Lazybones

Last edited:
Do not ignore this thread!

I second the warning from LazyBones. Please go to the link he gave you at EliteTrader. You won't believe the muck that's being dredged. You won't look at another vendor the same again!

Uni

I may be a tad cynical, but the writing style of both these newbies is startlingly similar!

Even to the use of the exclamation point at the end on most sentences!

Velez & Capra have a good reputation as trading writers, trainers & coaches. This doesn't mean the ET threads have no merit - just that it would take significant and widespread confirmation of the contrary to move general traders' opinions.

Beware the disgruntled few who would have made a sows ear from the finest silk purse!

!

Both are first posts - I have heard of no complaints - clickevents would not have become involved in anything - other than bona fida companies. nor this site who sell the CD's - tend to agree with above post. I think Sour Grapes - original backgrounds have little association with present day. Even I once was a night club bouncer! - Any critisism in this country would surely have found there way to this board in the past, rather than two new posts from across the water. If they don't perform we will know it here shortly.

TheBramble said:
I may be a tad cynical, but the writing style of both these newbies is startlingly similar!

Even to the use of the exclamation point at the end on most sentences!

Velez & Capra have a good reputation as trading writers, trainers & coaches. This doesn't mean the ET threads have no merit - just that it would take significant and widespread confirmation of the contrary to move general traders' opinions.

Beware the disgruntled few who would have made a sows ear from the finest silk purse!

!

If you read the ET thread, you will certainly realize that we are two very different people. The use of the exclamation points (on my part anyway) is the result of my passion for this subject. These two charlatans have built an obscenely profitable business based on absolute lies as far as we can discern (so far they have not shown up to defend themselves or present *any* evidence to the contrary).

I guess I'm just offended by the way these people (along with many many others) have been allowed to profit on the coattails of others, that is, passing off the ideas of others under the guise of their alleged, self-proclaimed genius status. I'm just a small time trader trying to take money out of the market using methods that I have discovered on my own through hard work and perseverance. If there's anything I could give back to the trading community, I guess it would be to share what I have learned since that was what was given to me by traders that I've learned from.

If you choose not to heed my caveats, that's most certainly your choice.

In the end, it's also your money and not mine (thankfully).

Uni

(Disclaimer: I have never purchased anything from Pristine. I have only received their free information).

I've only read one of their books "Tools and Tactics of the Master Day Trader" which certainly makes no outragous claims, in fact just the opposite. The advice in the book, particularly with regard to discipline and Money Management is good and mirrors a lot about what is published on this BB. I have no idea if what they say about their trading background is correct but then again I tend to take any claim with a pinch of salt anyway.