Prices Are Often Wrong

treble4

When I SHORTED the GRWA shares today (11.01am) the price to sell was 2.8p (PER ADVFN LIVE PRICE) - however the price T2W shorted at was 2.35p (ADVFN PRICE CHANGED AT 11.06 TO 2.35p!).

I appreciate the price quoted on T2W is delayed by 20 minutes, but how come when you do place an order at 11.01am you don't get the ACTUAL PRICE (per ADVFN prices) at 11.01 ??

:eek:

Unfortunately it's not an exact science - it's generally about 20 mins delayed, but not precisely 20 mins. Also before moving to the new server the price update process that occurs each min would sometimes fail for one reason or another, so that could have a detimental effect too.

Perhaps we'll look to acquire a more robust data feed - but my general impression is that the current ones works well enough most of the time. If anyone disagrees, then let me know!

Sharky said:
Unfortunately it's not an exact science - it's generally about 20 mins delayed, but not precisely 20 mins. Also before moving to the new server the price update process that occurs each min would sometimes fail for one reason or another, so that could have a detimental effect too.

Perhaps we'll look to acquire a more robust data feed - but my general impression is that the current ones works well enough most of the time. If anyone disagrees, then let me know!
I disagree completely.The data feed is poor to say the least.It lets people buy shares without charging them.there is also massive disparity in the prices.between this websight and others at times.although i think the real problem is there is NOone administering this websight.It is infuriating that it takes weeks for you to get back to people.
Another prob is last month i won it only to find LUCKY LUKE appear after the compo was finished.with a higher amount...Fair enough,but at least let us know that some competitors are hidden and as such,the goalposts will be moved after the compo is finished.I onlly mention this because i'm sure you wont pick up on it..It's a pity really cos your websight could be brilliant with a little more effort

Err, one small correction, My portfolio balance was displayed BEFORE the comp finished, same as I have done for the last 6 or so months. In the real world, you don't complain to the MM's when the big T trade thats weighted the days trades suddenly appears at 16:20.
It's as I have taken time to explain, a "glitch or feature" I found by accident, and have fun exploiting for reasons other than to suddenly appear first.
Paul and T2W do not charge for the site, or the competition, it's there for practise to see what would have happened if you had a real £50k to blow on the penny share you read about at the weekend. If you were paying to play, and putting something towards a pot for the winner, then you'd be right to complain in such a violent manner.
I have done over 30 of these competitions, and yes, there are a few glitches, but a post on the Boards, or a quick email to Paul has always sorted any problem out. Although I don't usually bother for reasons above.
Its not real money you're trading with, it's a free competition, and a friendly site.
Not my job to defend the site, but I am in your list of things which annoy you.

Chill out a bit
Luke

Lucky Luke said:
Err, one small correction, My portfolio balance was displayed BEFORE the comp finished, same as I have done for the last 6 or so months. In the real world, you don't complain to the MM's when the big T trade thats weighted the days trades suddenly appears at 16:20.
It's as I have taken time to explain, a "glitch or feature" I found by accident, and have fun exploiting for reasons other than to suddenly appear first.
Paul and T2W do not charge for the site, or the competition, it's there for practise to see what would have happened if you had a real £50k to blow on the penny share you read about at the weekend. If you were paying to play, and putting something towards a pot for the winner, then you'd be right to complain in such a violent manner.
I have done over 30 of these competitions, and yes, there are a few glitches, but a post on the Boards, or a quick email to Paul has always sorted any problem out. Although I don't usually bother for reasons above.
Its not real money you're trading with, it's a free competition, and a friendly site.
Not my job to defend the site, but I am in your list of things which annoy you.

Chill out a bit
Luke
good point
i will chill out,i just wanted the t shirt
posts dont work
I was kidding anyway i dont really want your t shirt
sheesh

you dont annoy me at all
iin fact i was wondering if you are the luke in Bullbearings (as businessman Luke)

I just want to know hoe to be invisible

Not a real Luke - just a pen name. See other replies for "The holy Grail" of the T2W comp - invisible trading ;-)